RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Short Story Theme Challenge!

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
B-But...I liked your stories. They reminded me of dreams. ;9

And you almost wrote 3 short stories. ;_; I think you've still earned yourself a Pokemon for the effort, if you want one! B)

Its fine ^-^ I don't need anything.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Well, if you do change your mind, write away!
I loved your stories even if they are usually below the 1k word mark.
You make such WONDERFUL use of those words! ^^

Just letting you know in case you still had doubts. ;]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Sorry for double posting!

I finally made another entry for a Fantasy theme.
Hopefully it turned out ok.

Fantasy - The Blood Contract

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Bwaha! We are back in business! B) I'll be sure to check it out soon, Bree!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Sorry for being a bit inactive here lately, folks! I promise I'll read the new 3 soon enough! B) Probably after I find something to eat for dinner. :p

I've edited the main post to include the following stories:

Grapple, an adventure tale by Bluntsword!
The Man in the Metal Room, Requim's first submitted story! So far, we need to pick a theme for this. I *think* it's part of the challenge. B)

If there's anything else I've forgotten in my absence of this thread, please let me know!

I might even try to write something myself soon.
...Sure. I keep SAYING that. ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
More stories!

I'm trying I promise!

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Where has EvilM00s gone?
I miss him. T_T

And I'm thinking hard on what to write next.
Particularly which theme.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm not sure. ;_; I miss M00s...

I've written several things that I haven't considered good enough to be posted here, but I might revise some and give them life. B) My writing has all but ended, but I'm certainly more nitpicky about it now. o.o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
I am getting more nitpicky myself when it comes to the short stories.
Now I'm actively asking myself more if I CAN consider it a short story.
Some are not still...
But I'm getting better.
I hope. ^^'

My old public school teachers used to give us short story assignments, and I'd blow everyone out of the water with about a 5k entry. I got good grades, but if the limit was 2k like here then... Yeah. XD
But so many struggle with even reaching 2k.
So I just have to think short... Shorter...
Because oddly enough once everything is said and described with a few simple thoughts, it's already 2k for me. X_X

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
To be honest, I often have a problem with writing too much, too. ;9 I don't know why it's suddenly so easy for me to write very little. o.o

(Except when I'm writing school papers. Then I GLADLY write less. :V)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I'm still revising/rewriting my story. Its really hard to get it just right ;9

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aaaaaaaand, I've finally got back to posting one! After writing about 3 or 4 that never saw the light of day, I finally found a kid that may (or may not) be worthy of the pageant! The gritty pageant, that is. ;9

For fanciness, I made this title image into the link:

*edit* And with that, I've written 6 Short Stories and now get to pick a nonshiny rare! Woo hoo! Just letting you guys know for the record~ Gonna pick Mismagius :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:08:09 PM by Queen yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
I think your said story needs to be in the pile. :3
T-The..compilation...that pile...
Not the..pile..of trash...

I'm going now.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ARE YOU CALLING MY WORK TRASH!?!?!?! :mad: :mad:

Just kidding, bree! B) I knew what you meant! ^_^ And thank you so much for the inspiring words! ;o;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
I'd be worried for the person that would think your work is trash.
I would pummel them as your backup. ;]

I think we all are improving.
This challenge has been the best thing for us, I think.  ;8

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think we all are improving.
This challenge has been the best thing for us, I think.  ;8

Agreed! ;_; We're all growing into even more amazing writers than before!

*This whole thread is now one big hugfest*
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Yes, ... I think we should have a great deal of material for a compilation come the fall, assuming we keep up with the creativity at this level.

I have a wish list. I'd like to see yuyu, flame and Jules put out a little more product, because I genuinely enjoy that stuff. I'd like to see Bluntie allow us to use his entry for the elves of talgel- the one about the trolls, because that was just the mutts nuts. I'd like to see lord stark do more with his stories that did not include male strip bars, because his dialogue is intense stuff. And of course, Sophist MUST make more, if for no other reason because his writing is some of my favorite.

Oh yeah... And it would be really cool if Gracie the bitey came out of retirement.

As for me... I have some ideas in playing with.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:49:57 PM by Ser EvilM00s »
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I posted one more, but I've been on a bit of a break so far. ;_; Still, we have a lot of stuff out here and that's pretty impressive! o.o The Library has seen a peak! B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Well, I'm quite happy to hear that, M00s. :3
And I'm glad to see you back!

I'll put on my thinking cap and come up with something! XD

Out of the entire forum, the Library is the best place in my opinion.
I'm glad it has gotten some very much needed attention. ^^

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
You certainly can use my troll story.

I'm nearly finished with the first draft of elves, so maybe a short story or two coming your way soon.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Yes, ... I think we should have a great deal of material for a compilation come the fall, assuming we keep up with the creativity at this level.

I have a wish list. I'd like to see yuyu, flame and Jules put out a little more product, because I genuinely enjoy that stuff.
I'm actually working on part 3 of the continuing saga of Ed and Polly. I posted it quickly, hated it, took it down, and am now in the process of completely rewriting it.  The biggest reason it takes me so long to get anything out is that I won't post till I'm happy with it and that takes a while.  (Unless I am sleep deprived and post it too quick :mad:)   It's about half-way finished now. And may turn into four parts before it is done. And then I will post xD   After that I have an idea I've been kicking around for greed.

Also life... it gets in the way sometimes :mad:

But I am totally honored that you like my stories

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
:tinysmile:

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
So, is this dead?
I would be happy if this wasn't dead.

Doctor, 3 stories stat.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
I've still been thinking of what I want to write next that is a new idea entirely, but part of me wants to write another section related to The Blood Contract. It was just a fun time for me. XD

But I'm still thinking of what next to write.
I'm sure the others are, too, between busy lives. :3