RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Short Story Theme Challenge!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
The thread is cleaned up and now contains info about awards and rewards! It's still going to take a bit more planning as far as the numbers are concerned.

Short Story Theme Challenge!
Brought to you by Stark & yuyubabe!

The *new* plan

Basically, we're going to have a list of themes to write a short story about. If yer up to the task, you can enter the challenge and submit a writing for each theme! Of course, we'll be adding some themes to keep things fresh. So, you really don't have to write something for all of them. They're mostly there to help you get some general ideas of what to write!

*Another Major Edit* There is now officially a word count limit on your short stories! The limit will be 2,000 words MAX. Your story doesn't have to be exactly 2,000 words or less, but it needs to be around there, please. We're not too picky about it. ;)

*Major Edit* There are now awards for writing short stories and reviewing other people's writings! We are also planning to have Pokemon rewards set up! Right now, I'm still working on the numbers. But I will be keeping track of how many short stories and critiques you write! Note that the critiques don't have to be super long, just at least a bit helpful!

Themes

About the Themes:
Note that you don't have to write about a certain theme if you don't want to. But if you do, it's not picky at all. You can mix themes and be super loose with them. Some themes are going to be more specific, others are going to be stoopidly vague. It doesn't matter. Just channel your writing abilities!

**When you finish writing something, go ahead and post it in the Librarium! You may have to link to it in this thread, and include whatever theme you would most consider that Short Story to fall under.

Spoiler for The Current List of Themes:
1. Death
2. Love
3. Horror
4. Mystery
5. Sadness
6. Happiness
7. Dreams/Illusion
8. Fantasy
9. Limitations
10. Judgement
11. Isolation
12. Adventure
13. Revenge
14. Obsession
15. Insanity
16. Family
17. Power
18. Friendship
19. Decline
20. Greed

Audacious Authors:
*Post in this thread to be added to the list! Also include a pen name or your real name if we don't know it and if you want either of those to be added to the list. If you don't want your real name here, feel free to state not to include it. ;o

Spoiler for List of Authors:
*Username: Real Name, "Pen Name"

yuyubabe: Deanna Coulton, "Rosalyn Ashwood"
Spoiler for:
Total: 6
1. Death - The Creeping Huntress
2. Love - From the Woods
4. Mystery - A Good Man
9. Limitations - Air in the Storms
19. Decline - Nort's Hunt
20. Greed - Miser

Lord Stark: Jesse Stark,
Spoiler for:
Total: 3
17. Power - Empirical Entropy
18. Friendship - A Man of His Word (Part 1/3)
19. Decline - A Man of His Word (Part 2/3)

EvilM00s: Francois Pepin, Alexander Supertramp
Spoiler for:
Total: 2
1. Deafth! - Tripping the Darkness
3. Horror - No Gift So Dear

LadyJ: Jules Chappell, "LadyJ"
Spoiler for:

Flamemaster5: "B. Williford"
Spoiler for:

Sophist: "Sophist"
Spoiler for:
Total: 3
3. Horror - The Dark East
10. Judgement - The Golden Scales
12. Adventure - The Burning Sun

zacheatscrackers: Zachary Pietsch, "Zach P"

Queen Boob: Gracie
Spoiler for:
Total: 2
4. Mystery - Sunset
14. Obsession - Together Again

tswitch: Drew
Spoiler for:
Total: 0

Bluntsword: Ronald Long
Spoiler for:
Total: 1
12. Adventure - Grapple

Requim45: Cody
Spoiler for:

Abigailia
Spoiler for:
Total: 1
16. Family - The Salesman

Reviews & Critiques!

*To write a review or critique, simply post it in that story's thread!

It's always nice to help out the other writers by reading their stuff and writing even a small review or critique! Just about anything will work, even if it's just a little bit helpful! It would really help out your fellow writers!

*I AM keeping personal track of the numbers of both reviews or comments right now. If you reach a certain amount for an award or reward, I'll PM you and let you know! Right now, I'm giving points for reviews based on the following:

Spoiler for Criteria:
.5 Points = A simple post of encouragement or any other small comment
1 Point = At least one helpful comment
2 Points = A more detailed review or set of commentary about the story

Awards & Rewards

There is now officially going to be RMRK award badges and Pokemon rewards for participating in the challenge! We are currently deciding what will qualify for each badge or award, so these numbers may not be final.

Spoiler for Author Awards & Rewards:
Awards:
The author awards are generally distributed for writing a certain amount of qualifying short stories. Basically, as long as they aren't written entirely without effort and for the sake of awards.

Short Story Author: Bronze
5 Short Stories
Short Story Author: Silver
10 Short Stories
Short Story Author: Gold
20 Short Stories

Rewards
After writing a certain number of short stories, the author can choose a Pokemon that fits how many they have written.

3 Short Stories = Normal Pokemon (Non-Shiny)
6 Short Stories = Rare Pokemon (Non-Shiny)
10 Short Stories = Legendary Pokemon (Non-Shiny)
13 Short Stories = Normal Pokemon (Shiny)
16 Short Stories = Rare Pokemon (Shiny)
20 Short Stories = Legendary Pokemon (Shiny)

*Normal Pokemon: Encounter chance > 40%.
*Rare Pokemon: Encounter chance < or = 40%, but > 10%.
*Legendary Pokemon: Encounter chance < 10%.

Spoiler for Reviewer Awards & Rewards:
Awards:
The reviewer awards may be distributed either by what seems like a random occurrence, but may actually be me secretly taking note of how many times you review or offer at least some helpful criticism to someone's writing works. That, or it may become a public list of how many review/criticisms you've written. Still undecided.

Writing Reviewer: Bronze
10 Review Points
Writing Reviewer: Silver
30 Review Points
Writing Reviewer: Gold
60 Review Points

Rewards
After writing a certain number of reviews, the reviewer can choose a Pokemon that fits how many they have written.

5 Review Points = Normal Pokemon (Non-Shiny)
15 Review Points = Rare Pokemon (Non-Shiny)
25 Review Points = Legendary Pokemon (Non-Shiny)
35 Review Points = Normal Pokemon (Shiny)
45 Review Points = Rare Pokemon (Shiny)
55 Review Points = Legendary Pokemon (Shiny)

The Original Idea

The original idea was to create a compilation of short stories that we might actually be able to publish someday, or a master list of stories, but I figured this would be better if it was open to more people. Maybe we'll go that direction again if this gets enough exposure. Who knows? I don't knows. This is mostly for reference purposes.

Spoiler for Original Idea:
The plan:
Basically, we'd like to gather folks who would like to contribute their epic writing abilities and create a compilation of short stories that we might actually be able to publish someday! If not, we're still going to have fun doing what we love! (Y'know...writing, and stuff.) And we can always keep our schtuff around the forums and on the interwebz and whatnot.

We're going to be open to major authors that contribute a lot of the works, but also smaller contributors that make a guest appearance in the collection!

Type of short stories:
We're currently discussing the details of what type of short stories we'd like to make. We could always either:
-Freestyle
-Have specific sections of the book dedicated to general genres or themes (i.e. Romance, Horror, Love, Death, Pizza)
-Have each short story be connected in some way

Funky stuff, you see. We're open to new ideas, too!

Determining what stories to add to the pile:
We'll also have to make a note of what short stories to keep, and what short stories to scrap from the pile. Not every one of them is going to be a winner, and that's likely going to cause a lot of heartache. Obviously, the main goal is to help each other out until that short story is awesome, though!

Crunching the numbers:
We're also going to be crunching some numbers at some point, depending on how many authors/contributors jump in the pile. After all, we're going to need to know about how many short stories we'd like!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:42:30 PM by irock »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Now, I ACTUALLY need to go and fulfill that Pizza genre. Mmmm!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I'm working on mine right now.  : o
I don't think anybody here has seen my writing. (Well, Yuyubabe has but she doesn't count. :V)

Edit: 

-Have specific sections of the book dedicated to general genres or themes (i.e. Romance, Horror, Love, Death, Pizza)

I think it would be better not to have that. Like we have the item/theme/character/message something go through all of them but they can all be different genres and styles.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:37:59 PM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
How can you start working on it when you don't even know what it will be yet :S 

I love the idea but I think you need to decide what types of stories you're looking to do before you get too far ahead. I mean if it's freestyle awesome. But if you are going for a certain theme (say horror) then some people might be less inclined to do it because they don't write as well to that genre.  Make sense?

I never know if I'm making sense or not lol

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I love the idea but I think you need to decide what types of stories you're looking to do before you get too far ahead. I mean if it's freestyle awesome. But if you are going for a certain theme (say horror) then some people might be less inclined to do it because they don't write as well to that genre.  Make sense?

Makes sense. B)

I'm all for freestyle writing, and then perhaps splitting up and organizing the stories afterwards. Or perhaps a generalized, simple genre to go off of. I'd prefer to not stick with a few genres, and either do many or just not use any themes at all. So, basically...free-style.
As far as organization to the compilation, it can always be by author, with a general section for extra contributors. Before each story, perhaps a brief description of its genre for the more picky readers.

Or!

Another idea might be to have a large list of themes and try to have each writer write something for each theme. Even if they aren't particularly fond of that theme (such as Romance or Horror), they could still do something of a mix-breed or skip that theme altogether. It's not really anything strict.

I'll admit that while it would be cool to see this thing go somewhere someday, that's not the main goal. I wouldn't even mind if this turned into a general list of master stories, or something of the like. ;) But mostly, it's just for fun!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:18:55 PM by Queen yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Very cool, very ambitious.

There may be a delay in the works if writers are assigned a particular genre, only because there is already the restriction that the stories all tie in. Also, we ought to discuss the overall direction the stories are going in.

Oh, and sign me up.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm the Board moD! I'll sign myself up!
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I was just about to post and say that I changed the thread up because I thought no one would want to commit to this, but you totally want to commit to this. ;_; You're awesome.

I still have the original post if you guys like that idea better. =o Will put it in spoilers. B) You guys let me know~
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Definitely save it up there for reference in case we gert a good turnout and a decent amount of material. You never know, we just might be able to pull it off. It would be very cool if that happened!

I do feel better about the way it is, because it potentially includes more participants.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Okay, so go with the new idea? ^_^ Works for me!

If we do get enough out there, we can take 'em and turn 'em into a compilation book! Who knows! B)

*edit* Feel free to suggest or suggest the removal of themes! Those are kinda random because I needed to get 10 up there to make it look snazzy.

I included one as a sample under mine~
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Is there a time limit to this?  Or is it just as we get an opportunity to write?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Is there a time limit to this?  Or is it just as we get an opportunity to write?

No time limit at all! It's purely for fun and writing, and maybe even something greater in the future! ;8

*edit because I post too much*

If we add more themes, we'll just have more things to write about. ;) Nothin' saying we have to do 'em all! The more, the merrier!

In fact, if you write something that has to do with a theme that's not on the list, feel free to ask for it to be added! It might give others ideas, too!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:07:05 AM by Queen yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
well sign me up then. :) 

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Maaaaaaaaybe.

Honestly I may write something for my legends series that could go into this. :p

Thoughts?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That could work! B)

Can add it to a theme that would fit it, or make a new theme that you think would better fit it!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Perhaps we ought to agree on a word count?

Say, 2,000?

And I'll do DEAFTH.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 02:19:19 AM by EvilM00s »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Perhaps we ought to agree on a word count?

Say, 2,000?

Honestly...I don't usually think about the word count. o.o That's probably why most of my stuff either comes out too short or too long. ;_;

I think I actually write better when I write shorter short stories. o.o Gotta grab that big rush of emotions before they get away. ;9 I swear I'm ADD.

*runs to go and make sure "Air in the Storms" in 2,000+ words*
...Not even close. ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
My faux pas, I should have said 2000 word limit, not requirement!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
...OHHHHH!!! Right!

I wouldn't be opposed to that! I like my stories short!

B) I'll make a poll, though~
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 02:17:42 AM by Queen yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I thought of 5 more themes:

11. Isolation
12. Adventure
13. Revenge
14. Obsession
15. Insanity

Like? Dislike? Change some? Keep some? Add some?

(feel free to comment on the ones I already have up there, too!)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I suppose it all depends on how we look at it.

If this is a show of creativity, then suggested themes is the way to go, I'd say.

If this is a way to stimulate writing, then yes assign some :moar: ideas!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm always up for :moar: ideas! B)

If you guys come across any, I'd be happy to add 'em! We should probably post theme requests and see if others agree with them before adding them, though. o.o Otherwise, the list might get a little long. ;9 But other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing a long list. B)
Should I organize them in a specific way - such as alphabetical? Or leave them numbered as we get em? B)

Also: Award badges for completing a certain number of themed short stories? =O
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
I suppose it all depends on how we look at it.

If this is a show of creativity, then suggested themes is the way to go, I'd say.

You called Yuyu?
Your FB message was completely compelling, especially just after I massively updated my forum and stirred some serious creative juices up that leave me, lately, dry on sleep!
I even have to be up early for my cousin Hailee's wedding shower and should be asleep, but after reading that message, HOW CAN I? So, here I am! ^^

Sign. Me. Up.
Short Story. Long Story. One theme. Any theme. ALL themes.
I like a challenge. And I'm ready.
Most of all this just seems TOTALLY fun, and totally unique. Never seen an idea like this before in my life, and I may try to persuade you to help me create a similar experience on my own forum to get my old RP buddies going and lure new people back to my world.
It's a scary world, but yanno. ;]

So, I'm down.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BBBBBBREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :gracie: :gracie:

Gurl, it's been forever! I'm glad you got my message! B)

Also, I'd be glad to help start something like this on your forum! ^_^

For any short stories you write, feel free to make a thread for them here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/board,80.0.html

Good to have you back!!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Here's a rough example of how I think the stories could link together.

In somebody's story (yuyubabe lol), it ends with the main character jumping off a building. (Spoilers lol :X )
In another story, the author has a police officer tell them "sumbody jumped, they're closing down main street." This leads to the characters taking a detour and the start of the story.

In short, I think it would be cool to have a "butterfly effect" going on. The stories don't have to share themes, characters, or even worlds.

Another example could even be ~

Bluntswag writes a fastasy story, in this story a character is told if he does "x" the power will radiate across all of existence.
In another story, we have a character that has to choose if they should kill somebody, and "like a whisper from a higher power, the answer became clear."

Possible titles for the project -
 Butterfly in the storm
 Butterfly in the gale
 Torn wings
 I liek butts
 Lepidopterist

idk im just talking out my bum rite noaw lol im sorry disregard me and dnt shot me ;;;____;;;;
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:30:11 AM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(He almost spoiled the ending of my newest short story :V)

Anyways, I kinda like the idea of adding Easter eggs in some of the Short Stories to link them together, but maybe not all of them, you know wot I mean? It might limit some people (especially if they want to change up their story later), but others might like to have something to help them conjure up an idea!

So, I think we should do that optionally if people feel like pairing a couple of their stories. I may spin a few heads. :p
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Hell, I wouldn't be able to NOT have my stories connect. That's like my life, my way of writing, everything touches.
It's like The Avengers from Marvel, only I'm better at it. ;]

#shieldsselffromangryMarvelfans
I'M SORRY! XD

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Haha, you're really worked up about this, huh? ^_^ I'm glad!!

He originally intended for some of the other writers to link to each other's stories, but that works, too! B) I didn't even really think about that! :ladyj:

And with that: I bring upon a story by the theme of love (I think?)! Here it is: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,48886.0.html

Hopefully it can live up to the pride that the last one brought me.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
http://100themeschallenge.deviantart.com/journal/Variation-1-225271824

also I spent ALL afternoon on those horrible badges yesterday ;9 So I have a ton of housework and errands to catch up on today.  I'll start writing tomorrow :) 

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thanks for sharing, Jules! :ladyj: I'll have to take a look when I get back from work tonight! (I'll be back probably around 9pm or sooner)

And I'm starting to like the idea of a word count more and more. o.o I'm okay with either way still, but the Librarium often gets very few readers as it is and I feel like people are more likely to drop by and read something if it's something quick that won't take them half an hour to get through, haha. Even if we don't end up settling for a word count, I would urge people to use some limit for that reason. :drsword: Just a personal theory that I could be entirely wrong about.

Also, It does add on to the challenge of making your words really count! That was a big thing that I learned in my Short Story class last semester. But I guess that's easy for me to say because I end up writing things that are under 1,000 words. Otherwise, I'll get bored or run out of steam. ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So far, the general favor seems to be for a 2,000 max word limit. o.o (But just barely)

Looking forward to seeing who submits something next! ;o You guys are killing me in anticipation. :mad:

*edit* Added 5 themes!
16. Family
17. Power
18. Friendship
19. Decline
20. Greed

Let me know if you guys don't like certain themes, or would like some added!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:17:20 AM by Queen yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am super srs about this whole thing. We now officially have RMRK awards for Short Story Writers (and reviewers)!!

The awards are going to be split between writers and reviewers (yes, I just said that :mad:). That way, people can get credit for both critiquing AND writing! And hopefully people will be encouraged to read each other's stuff (it is short stories, after all!).

The writers side is pretty simple. Basically, you write a certain amount of short stories and get a badge. I don't want to judge based on quality, but if you write something obviously waaaaay short and with no effort and just for the sake of awards (who does that?), then it may not be counted. But I doubt any of you would do that. :mad:

The review awards are mostly for the purpose of rewarding those that help out a lot by reading other people's stuff a lot and giving them good, constructive criticism. It will be a lot less cut-and-dry as the writer's awards, and will be awarded based on what might seem like randomness, but will probably be me secretly keeping track of how helpful you guys are. :) It will help out a ton if you guys would let me know when someone's been really helpful in critiquing your work!

So far, I'm sticking with the basics: Bronze, Silver, and Gold.

There's also going to be Pokemon awards, but I still haven't figured out the numbers for that, either. :-[ So, I'd call upon ye to lend me thy opinions! If not, I'll come up with some random numbers that sound about right. B)

Spoiler for Here's what I've got for the award looks:

*Note that I left the reviewers open to anything writing-related. That way, perhaps people can still be rewarded outside of just the Short Story genre.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:48:18 AM by Queen yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm posting too many times in a row. ;_; I know, I'm a bad person. Actually, I'll go ahead and blame the updates. Silly updates.

Okay, I'm over it. It seems brother Stark has released his first Short Story on the forums (I think)! Let's hear it for Mr. Stark!! You can check it out here!

Also, the thread just got way more organized! I'm still thinking on all the award stuff and the qualifications and whatnot, but right now I need sleep. Will think more tomorrow. Feel free to post yer opinions on the matter!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
I will go ahead and join, but my pen name will just be sophist anyway;

However I advise against making too many themes. People are having to write these out and although they are meant to be short, I don't think anyone wants to nail out 100 different themes. Maybe add more if everyone completes the list that's given of like, 20? But if you just toss in as many as you can think of, it's pretty daunting even to people who write often, as a chore rather than an enjoyable experience.

Just my two cents though.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
Wait..are we supposed to write one for each of these? I actually don't mind that but if that is the case then we should keep it simple

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wait..are we supposed to write one for each of these? I actually don't mind that but if that is the case then we should keep it simple

Nah, the ones we have there are mostly just to help channel ideas. o.o But I was honestly thinking about just leaving it at 20 for now. And now that I read what Sophist has to say, I'm even more convinced.

I will go ahead and join, but my pen name will just be sophist anyway;

However I advise against making too many themes. People are having to write these out and although they are meant to be short, I don't think anyone wants to nail out 100 different themes. Maybe add more if everyone completes the list that's given of like, 20? But if you just toss in as many as you can think of, it's pretty daunting even to people who write often, as a chore rather than an enjoyable experience.

I like your 2 cents, sir. B)

Originally, since awards are going to be thrown in the mix, I thought it would help to have more variety. But now I'm inclined to agree with you. The awards could be paced with how many themes we have now, and there's nothing wrong with adding more awards and themes if we start to run out (which won't happen for a looong time). B) Right now, 20 themes seems like a fair number. I thank ye for the input!

As for the Awards and Rewards, here's a rough sketch of some numbers I've come up with:

Spoiler for Ideas for awards and stuff:
Author Awards:

5 Short Stories = Bronze Status
10 Short Stories = Silver Status
20 Short Stories = Gold Status

(I'm not sure on the Gold Status one yet. I was thinking 15 would also be a fair number.)

Author Rewards:

3 Short Stories = Normal Pokemon (Non-Shiny)
6 Short Stories = Rare Pokemon (Non-Shiny)
10 Short Stories = Legendary Pokemon (Non-Shiny)
13 Short Stories = Normal Pokemon (Shiny)
16 Short Stories = Rare Pokemon (Shiny)
20 Short Stories = Legendary Pokemon (Shiny)

Reviewer Awards:
As for the review/critiques, I was thinking the numbers should at least be double (if we decide to go with numbers and be technical):

10 Reviews = Bronze Status
20 Reviews = Silver Status
40 Reviews = Gold Status

Reviewer Rewards:

6 Reviews = Normal Pokemon (Non-Shiny)
12 Reviews = Rare Pokemon (Non-Shiny)
20 Reviews = Legendary Pokemon (Non-Shiny)
26 Reviews = Normal Pokemon (Shiny)
32 Reviews = Rare Pokemon (Shiny)
40 Reviews = Legendary Pokemon (Shiny)

I've never been good with numbers, but you get the general idea. :V
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 09:48:58 PM by Queen yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Another post because I'm a butt head:

As far as reviewing goes, I was thinking about splitting up the points between small posts of encouragement and actual reviews. I still think people deserve at least something for reading your stuff and posting an opinion like "Wow! Neat ending! I love you forever!" or something.

Maybe .5 points for encouragement posts, and 1 point for actual reviews?

I was worried that things with the reviews would get too technical, but since the Librarium is a fairly inactive anyways, I don't think the burden will be too heavy on me. B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Three cheers for our newest addition by ms. baroness jules!

We now present an epic, twisted tale about obsession and stalkers! You can check out Unrequited here!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 41
well lookit here

I've been a story-writer since grade school, and I've done numerous short stories for assignments and a couple for a newspaper, and I'm currently part of a writing staff in a separate community, so I'd definitely like to get in on this. I'm planning on publishing a novel at some point in my life (I came up with half a rough draft for it my junior year, but it's lost in obscurity now  :-\), so this would also be great practice.

As for info and whatnot:

zacheatscrackers: Zachary Pietsch, "Zach P"

The themes I'd like to do are Isolation, Insanity, Decline and Love. I'll probably do three or four stories.

A question, however; is it fine if I do these stories within a continuing plot? That is, if I do one story and I want my others to continue on from where that story left off; would that be alright? If you'd rather me keep them separated, that's fine, but I'm just wondering.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
That's a very good question, as I can't keep anything actually short and would easily be able to continue themes with characters currently in progress.

I did manage to post a scene for Revenge, but it equally falls in the Love category, too.
But Revenge was definitely the mark I went for. ^^

Oddly enough, the two characters I used go through SO MANY themes, it's crazy. XD

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't mind if you guys make them continue as a story progress, as long as they are split up between separate themes. I'm not super picky about this - it's mostly for fun. ^_^

But right now, most people voted for a word limit of 2,000. So, I'm probably going to go ahead and close the poll. It doesn't have to be exactly 2,000, just around there. ;]

I'll be catching up on the new short stories today and adding them to the list!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 41
Alrighty, thanks for letting me know!

I'll start sometime tonight, probably; gotta do a few more things.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I saw that you already posted some really helpful feedback on some of these! ^_^ Glad to have you in the group!!

I think I'm all caught up now! ^_^ Wow, we've got some damn good writers here!!

Also, keep in mind that I am secretly keeping track of the things you guys post on each other's stuff. I want you guys to get credit for being encouraging and constructive to each other's work. ;_;

I'm probably going to keep the prizes at the numbers they are at right now. ;) Some of you are already close to earning a Normal Pokemon for reviews. O.O
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Another addition by Sophist earlier on: The Golden Scales! (I promise I'll read this one soon! ;_; )

And now, a very heartfelt piece by LadyJ: Mama

Oh, and I wrote one, too: Miser
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Methinks I should have made the review awards/rewards a little more challenging to acquire.

Oh, well! It looks like our first Reviewer award has just been issued to Mr. EvilM00s!

I'm actually doing this by a number system, and he pretty much sprinted to the top with all the detailed feedback. Whoa. o.o

There's also already couple Pokemon awards that I need to send messages for! lol You guys are keepin' me busy!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
We're certainly trying to! ;]

I'll try and help a little since I'm here by linking my two short scenes:

"Your Eyes Gave It Away" and "You Threatened Her..."

One is themed Power, the other Revenge.
Gotta love this! ^^

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
Totally putting this on everything of mine that M00s approves lol xD

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
I am enjoying everyone's stories so far. I'll be reading everyone's eventually, and have gotten through a few already. I encourage everyone to write and post more, it is quite well received it seems!

Write from your soul and your mind together, it is good to see this board flourish.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Psssssssst! :M00sApproved:

:M00sApproved:

(I accidentally made it a post form but I'm trying to fix that now lol but for some reason its being a pain in the butt)

I'm glad you're liking what you see, Sophist! ^_^

On that note...I actually did finish a new one just now, The Creeping Huntress. I took another direction again (at least I felt like I did something different). I hope it works out. ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I am not a very good writer, but I'll be taking part too.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
That is so awesome I don't even know what to say!

:M00sApproved:

Yes, Gracie, please share your writing with us! I can't wait to see what lurks in your mind... *evil laugh as screen darkens*

This idea was one of the best to hit the Librarium in... ever. Major props to yuyubabe for bringing this to us; I like this a ton.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:13:13 AM by EvilM00s »

Rep:
Level 41
Can't wait to see what you have in store for us, my queen.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
rmrk.net/index.php/topic,48908.0.html

I wrote this when the challenge was posted, and spent this whole time getting the guts to post it. Please be gentle, I am not at all confident with my writing.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
This idea was one of the best to hit the Librarium in... ever. Major props to yuyubabe for bringing this to us; I like this a ton.

I can't take credit for that, milord. ;) Jules made it, and I created a smiley from it!

You got this, gurl! B) I shall add you to the list and read it soon enough!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86

I can't take credit for that, milord. ;) Jules made it, and I created a smiley from it!

Oh, I meant the challenges! I havent had this much fun with RMRK since Gracie's radio show. But now that you mention it, thank you Julie, I love it! :* :* :*

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ohhhhhhh! oh, right..
whoa i need sleep. goonight
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Sleep well, child. May Morpheus take you gently to fields of poppies and dragonflies.

Rep:
Level 96
I was involved in it's creation too... ;___;

Spoiler for:
:sad:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Were you? Then I thank you as well!

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Well, Yuyu recruited me over here, and ever since I've had the blast of a lifetime over here! ^^
I mean, nice people, creative writers, artists, all the good shtuff! ;]

I have a recurring, terrible time with depression so this has been a nice sunny place for me to come hang and meet new peeps. The challenge is invigorating, all the stories are great!
Yum yum yum yum yum!

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
But now that you mention it, thank you Julie, I love it! :* :* :*

You're welcome :drsword:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I promise I'll get to reading the new stuff soon. ;9 I've been a bit drained today, trying to write something I like. I think I'll just take it easy and wait until I feel comfortable with the next idea that falls in my lap.

I love writing, but I think I'm trying too hard lately (and running off of a couple hours of sleep last night. Yup, I'm insane).
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Hmmm... Too bad...  ;9
I wanted to do a Pain theme and write about torture, but...  :drmc:

Spoiler for:
Hey, don't look at me like that! It's an important character development!
Every hero goes through torture, right?
.....Riiiiiiight??  :o

These people probably think I'm sketchy. XD

I'll continue thinking on my next theme.
More 2k-ish worthy and... A short story...
Why am I so terrible at SHORT?  :mad:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Takes practice! B) I'm a little *too* good at keeping things brief. Wait, is Pain already a theme? If not, we can make it one whenever we add more sometime in the future (I guess when we have more stuff lol).

I actually just wrote something with 1,600 words. Woah. That's a lot for me.

As it turns out, shifting my anger and disappointment towards myself into a gritty, detective, murder-case, mafia-related story was shockingly a good outlet. o.o

I'll have to look over this one some more, though. It's way different than what I'm used to.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I just can't get enough of this... :moar: from everyone or there will be weeping, wailing and a gnashing- A GNASHING- of teeth!

Rep:
Level 41
Alright, since my saga's coming to a close (one more story after this), I thought I'd work on some shorter, less complex and more optimistic. I just need some levity from all the dark stuff I'd been writing.

I'll have something up by tonight, I think.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I had a ton of fun in writing something completely opposite to what I'm used to. Would recommend a flip-flop to anyone stuck in a writer's rut! :)

I still have a bit of stories to catch up on - I think one by M00s, and one by Bree. I haven't forgotten about you guys!

And, I'm with m00s. :moar: schtories!!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
I started writing and now its 3000 words long and I haven't stopped whoops looks like I might not be submitting something for a while

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aye, we've had too many 3,000+ stories lately. o.o

Gracie: a neat trick might be to have someone proofread your story and help you determine what to cut out. ;) Or, you could always make a two-parter, or post it as something not as a part of this challenge. :]

But if it ends up not being too much over 3k, we could probably just accept it and then draw the line after that. :V
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm almost caught up on reading all of you guy's stuff! I just need to read zach's newer one.

Now go and write more stuff so I can be not-caught-up again, okay??

Need :moar: stuff!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I thank ye, sir! B) I shall read that once I get the chance!

I believe sir Sophist hath created one as well. I pray that everyone shall see to reading thine literature.

(I think I totally butchered that but ok)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 41
lol nah n i g ga you goo  :zwink:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Okay, here's links to Sophist's The Dark East, Lord Stark's A Man of His Word (Part 2/3), and (once again) Zach's From Worry To Love!

Also, I included within each short story title (on the op) if it was a part of a story, as Stark did in his latest addition! The only thing I was confused on was how to list Flamemaster's stuff. Right now, I have them in order of occurrence, but if she would like, I can list them in order of how she posted them. B) Also, we haven't seen her around in a couple days, so...cooooooooooome baaaaaaaack (please)! ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 41
Yeah, I need people to fan my flames, too.

HAHAHAHA naaaaw I miss her too; probably just my short-term memory messing with me, but I think she came by briefly yesterday, iuno.

Also, yuu, there's technically one more part of D&R I'm planning on doing, so change the list order from (1/3) to (1/4) and whatnot when you're able to. THXXXXxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:29:23 PM by zacheatscrackers »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Found out that Bree has a cold. ;9 Sadface. I guess that's where she's been...
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 41
Aaaaaww...

Hope she gets through it alright.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Found out that Bree has a cold. ;9 Sadface. I guess that's where she's been...

Yeah... I got a bad cold as soon as I went and did a 5k Color Me Rad run.
It was raining... And we got color bombed.
Epic. :3

But after that, I got a cold to go along with my aching body.
Yaaaaaaay... XD

But I'm still with you guys. Sorry to make you worry.
I'll see what I can read/write today if I feel as good as I do for the time being. ^^

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yay! :gracie: Welcome back!!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 41
Glad you're better, Flamey!

Anyways... it is done.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awesome! I will try my best to read and critique you guy's stuff today, but now I have acquired an annoying paper cut (more like plastic cut but ok) between two of my fingers that is preventing me from typing without experiencing a bit of pain with each finger movement.

Owwwww this post
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:00:38 PM by <0>_<0> »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Well, I tried another scenario in my next entry.
It's kinda revolving around Dreams/Illusions.

Thankfully it's back in the 2k ball park. ^^'
But it's a special scene, so I hope it goes well. XD

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh man I really need to catch up again lol
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
The debate has been split and moved. I apologise for any confusion, and ask that the discussion that has evolved remain there, should its participants wish to continue it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:10:27 AM by EvilM00s »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
The debate has been split and moved. I apologise for any confusion, and ask that the discussion that has evolved remain there, should its participants wish to continue it.

Please carry on as normal.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
So I should write for this. Really. Elves of Tagel has taken a lot of my free time.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Yes you should! I was about to PM a request for your particiption. You write wonderfully, and I'd love to see what you can cram into 2k words.

Ron-ALD Ron-ALD Ron-ALD *fist pump*

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
So I should write for this. Really. Elves of Tagel has taken a lot of my free time.

YES!

Yes you should! I was about to PM a request for your particiption. You write wonderfully, and I'd love to see what you can cram into 2k words.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
I'm embarrassed and encouraged. Thanks guys!

Rep:
Level 41
I'll be sure to read it when I get the chance, blunt.

And thanks for moving the debate, M00s.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller

I've been meaning to read yours, Blunt.
It'll probably my definite cup o' tea - fantasy is my usual genre of choice. :3

Oh, and for easy access I'll just post my other two stories here so yuyu doesn't have to.
(She gets busy lol)

Theme Dreams/Illusions - "Goodnight, lord-lings..."
Theme Love - Ray of Sunshine

Now I'll have to start thinking of what my entry will be. O.o
Gets harder as you go down the list! XD

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, I still need to read stuff. ;_; I'll catch up someday, I promise.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
!! I almost forgot! Ser EvilM00s, thou is the first to receive the Silver Reviewer award!! You're VERY close to getting a shiny normal pokemon, as well!

As for Bronze Reviewers, we so far have the following: me, LadyJ, FlameMaster5, and zach!

Congratulations! These awards are seeing the light of day after all!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
huh, well wouldja lookit that... Far out!

It hasn't been hard. There's a lot of really effing good material being presented. If this keeps up, we'll have a compilation in no time at all.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
huh, well wouldja lookit that... Far out!

It hasn't been hard. There's a lot of really effing good material being presented. If this keeps up, we'll have a compilation in no time at all.

You said it! ^^
I've had so much fun writing with everyone!
It's been a long time since anyone has read any of my works. @_@
(Gets lonely...  ;9)

But now I have an idea after all the reviews on what my next pieces shall be.
Muahahahahahahah!!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Yes you are.  And to show you, I will also write at least one story.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Added 2 the l1st! B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And, following Jules' Forever Love is the other two parts to the story: For Better or Worse and In Sickness and In Health! Go on and read the whole set, gang!

Also, for reaching 5 Short Stories, Ms. Jules is now a Bronze level author! Also, I forgot to award this one, but Bree has reached that award, too! Good job, guys! ;o;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
I don't think I'll able to write anymore for this, but I enjoyed writing my pathetically small entries!

Not enough for even a basic award, but I had fun anyway. Please keep writing everyone ;o; theres so much creativity going on here, its great!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
B-But...I liked your stories. They reminded me of dreams. ;9

And you almost wrote 3 short stories. ;_; I think you've still earned yourself a Pokemon for the effort, if you want one! B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
B-But...I liked your stories. They reminded me of dreams. ;9

And you almost wrote 3 short stories. ;_; I think you've still earned yourself a Pokemon for the effort, if you want one! B)

Its fine ^-^ I don't need anything.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Well, if you do change your mind, write away!
I loved your stories even if they are usually below the 1k word mark.
You make such WONDERFUL use of those words! ^^

Just letting you know in case you still had doubts. ;]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Sorry for double posting!

I finally made another entry for a Fantasy theme.
Hopefully it turned out ok.

Fantasy - The Blood Contract

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Bwaha! We are back in business! B) I'll be sure to check it out soon, Bree!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sorry for being a bit inactive here lately, folks! I promise I'll read the new 3 soon enough! B) Probably after I find something to eat for dinner. :p

I've edited the main post to include the following stories:

Grapple, an adventure tale by Bluntsword!
The Man in the Metal Room, Requim's first submitted story! So far, we need to pick a theme for this. I *think* it's part of the challenge. B)

If there's anything else I've forgotten in my absence of this thread, please let me know!

I might even try to write something myself soon.
...Sure. I keep SAYING that. ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
More stories!

I'm trying I promise!

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Where has EvilM00s gone?
I miss him. T_T

And I'm thinking hard on what to write next.
Particularly which theme.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm not sure. ;_; I miss M00s...

I've written several things that I haven't considered good enough to be posted here, but I might revise some and give them life. B) My writing has all but ended, but I'm certainly more nitpicky about it now. o.o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
I am getting more nitpicky myself when it comes to the short stories.
Now I'm actively asking myself more if I CAN consider it a short story.
Some are not still...
But I'm getting better.
I hope. ^^'

My old public school teachers used to give us short story assignments, and I'd blow everyone out of the water with about a 5k entry. I got good grades, but if the limit was 2k like here then... Yeah. XD
But so many struggle with even reaching 2k.
So I just have to think short... Shorter...
Because oddly enough once everything is said and described with a few simple thoughts, it's already 2k for me. X_X

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
To be honest, I often have a problem with writing too much, too. ;9 I don't know why it's suddenly so easy for me to write very little. o.o

(Except when I'm writing school papers. Then I GLADLY write less. :V)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I'm still revising/rewriting my story. Its really hard to get it just right ;9

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aaaaaaaand, I've finally got back to posting one! After writing about 3 or 4 that never saw the light of day, I finally found a kid that may (or may not) be worthy of the pageant! The gritty pageant, that is. ;9

For fanciness, I made this title image into the link:

*edit* And with that, I've written 6 Short Stories and now get to pick a nonshiny rare! Woo hoo! Just letting you guys know for the record~ Gonna pick Mismagius :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:08:09 PM by Queen yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
I think your said story needs to be in the pile. :3
T-The..compilation...that pile...
Not the..pile..of trash...

I'm going now.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ARE YOU CALLING MY WORK TRASH!?!?!?! :mad: :mad:

Just kidding, bree! B) I knew what you meant! ^_^ And thank you so much for the inspiring words! ;o;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
I'd be worried for the person that would think your work is trash.
I would pummel them as your backup. ;]

I think we all are improving.
This challenge has been the best thing for us, I think.  ;8

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think we all are improving.
This challenge has been the best thing for us, I think.  ;8

Agreed! ;_; We're all growing into even more amazing writers than before!

*This whole thread is now one big hugfest*
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Yes, ... I think we should have a great deal of material for a compilation come the fall, assuming we keep up with the creativity at this level.

I have a wish list. I'd like to see yuyu, flame and Jules put out a little more product, because I genuinely enjoy that stuff. I'd like to see Bluntie allow us to use his entry for the elves of talgel- the one about the trolls, because that was just the mutts nuts. I'd like to see lord stark do more with his stories that did not include male strip bars, because his dialogue is intense stuff. And of course, Sophist MUST make more, if for no other reason because his writing is some of my favorite.

Oh yeah... And it would be really cool if Gracie the bitey came out of retirement.

As for me... I have some ideas in playing with.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:49:57 PM by Ser EvilM00s »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I posted one more, but I've been on a bit of a break so far. ;_; Still, we have a lot of stuff out here and that's pretty impressive! o.o The Library has seen a peak! B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Well, I'm quite happy to hear that, M00s. :3
And I'm glad to see you back!

I'll put on my thinking cap and come up with something! XD

Out of the entire forum, the Library is the best place in my opinion.
I'm glad it has gotten some very much needed attention. ^^

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
You certainly can use my troll story.

I'm nearly finished with the first draft of elves, so maybe a short story or two coming your way soon.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
Yes, ... I think we should have a great deal of material for a compilation come the fall, assuming we keep up with the creativity at this level.

I have a wish list. I'd like to see yuyu, flame and Jules put out a little more product, because I genuinely enjoy that stuff.
I'm actually working on part 3 of the continuing saga of Ed and Polly. I posted it quickly, hated it, took it down, and am now in the process of completely rewriting it.  The biggest reason it takes me so long to get anything out is that I won't post till I'm happy with it and that takes a while.  (Unless I am sleep deprived and post it too quick :mad:)   It's about half-way finished now. And may turn into four parts before it is done. And then I will post xD   After that I have an idea I've been kicking around for greed.

Also life... it gets in the way sometimes :mad:

But I am totally honored that you like my stories

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88

Rep:
Level 96
So, is this dead?
I would be happy if this wasn't dead.

Doctor, 3 stories stat.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
I've still been thinking of what I want to write next that is a new idea entirely, but part of me wants to write another section related to The Blood Contract. It was just a fun time for me. XD

But I'm still thinking of what next to write.
I'm sure the others are, too, between busy lives. :3

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I'm sure the others are, too, between busy lives. :3

Pretty much. I'm still working on my last story.  But life~

Rep:
Level 39
N
2014 Zero to Hero
The Salesman

My first story so please don't be harsh. My theme is 16. Family