RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] The Elves of Talgel discussion thread

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
*is still crying over what you did in wayward* ;_;
I have a thing with characters people tend to root for
Spoiler for if you don't want a minor spoiler.:
and killing them.

Yeah, no kidding. I liked that troll...  :mad:

Can't just kill the bad guys.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Ronald R. R. Martin :mad:

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
*maniacal laugh*

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Alrighty.

I've made Baroness Von Trap's Jules' changes and finished Chapter Four.

Bon Appétit

Oh, and we're at 11,000 words.

:o
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:29:07 PM by Ser bluntsword »

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Wow I really messed up last time  :o  I don't know how I thought I was reading Chapters 3 & 4  lol

You really know how to weave a yarn, sir.  Your descriptive skills are excellent as always, you hold me captive. I want to continue reading and to know more. And I'll be honest with you, when I first started reading, I was not expecting to like it. I have a confession, I saw Elves and trolls and thought.. oh great, another LOTR fan fiction. But it isn't at all. This is a wonderful tale!  I'm a fan :ladyj:

Spoiler for the nitpicky:
When they were younger and before they join the military
joined?

“General Galebre,” interjected a short elf who was pondering the map that rested on the middle of the a table that occupied most of the room.
Aldor himself took a moment to look around the room. The circular stone room was covered in tomes and books on shelves that took up nearly the entire surface of every wall. ...Not one was being used at the moment to hold a resting body at the moment

Lots of repeating words, threw me off a bit when reading.

Most of them, however, if they had been able to, fled to the protection of the more fortified cities.<--commas

Of course he had heard tales of the distant men who well naturally shorter than elves and of the dwarves who were shorter still, but Tanare had always struck Aldor as an oddity.
distant men who were*?

The commander uniform he wore: a purple shirt underneath a plate of metal armor that cover his chest and white breeches seemed immaculate.
metal armor that covered*

Aldor looked ahead of him now. He was certain that just beyond his seeing, which of course was quite far for an elf, that there was an expanse of grass without a single tree on it.
that that again lol xD

They house her parents called home was directly beside their own.
The*

Every elf their age, as well as a few older and younger, envied their love, for as much as Eled defied what was typical amongst the elven race with his pranks and antics, Aldor and Imroden showed their love more publicly and beautifully than any other couple in Talgel.  <--commas

Ps. I hope you don't mind my being nitpicky >_<  I'm honestly just trying to help out. And maybe save you a bit of money hiring an editor lol xD 

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
I greatly appreciate your nitpickiness!

And I'm glad you like the story too Jules. It means a lot that you're enjoying something you didn't think you'd like at first.

Truly.

:)

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I have two chapters left of Winter's Tale, and Wayward has been bumped to the top of my reading list ^_^ 

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
I'm very excited for you to meet my favorite goblin: Stinkrunt. 8)

I think I may be editing this post around a bit. Just heads up for all you faithful readers (all 4 of you  :P).

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Alrighty, just made the change. This is the elves discussion thread now. The actual story will be here for you to enjoy.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Chapter Five is finished.

Don't cry.

Edit: Also there is now Chapter Six. Which is more troll goodness.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:52:24 PM by Ser bluntsword »

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
Oh man, I am so far behind!  I'll try to get to this next week too. So much reading! *_*

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Oh man, I am so far behind!  I'll try to get to this next week too. So much reading! *_*

Lol. I've even waking up early to write. Which would explain the nine chapters that are ready to read. :P

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Exciting news!

The Elves of Talge is now published!

Grab your copy here!

And please be kind, leave an honest review.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Late response ;9

Daaaaaaang, man. You're a machine! B) Will have to take a look sometime~ Still trying to catch up on the other one ;_;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
I forgive you for your tardiness.

An apology in the form of an honest review of anything I write is also acceptable!