RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] "From The Lake" scrapped lyrics

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
Huh... don't think I've ever posted a topic here.... this is weird...

For some reason people thought I should post these here. I guess it does make it easier to find them if you wanted for some reason. I also found a couple of other scraps that I didn't post before (the very last 2 sets). These are interesting as these were actually set to music and I was even preparing to have the vocalist record them right before life happened and the project was dropped indefinitely and now the song they were in to begin with isn't even being used. Furthermore, I feel like they're inferior to the rest - which honestly aren't too great anyway - so it's probably for the best they were dropped.

It's doubtful that I will ever use these lyrics again since they are somewhat... "topical", but there is still a remote chance! However, if you find use for them then by all means:

Spoiler for:
I have not made friends with death
I have not made death my friend
Better to make friends with my enemy
Better to make friends with this knife

The quay fades as the fog rolls in
At least it will hide our grief
Putting on a brave face
Is much easier when no one can see it

Steps turn to walking
Words into meaning
Ingredients for dinner
All the things we're learning

I look about
The man by the Lake
Stranger than strange
How is it he resists you?
Where does he find the strength to?

There are times I won't let the tears out
But this time I couldn't hold them back
They flowed all the way from Pinkerton
Back to this spot
Her grave

You link your fingers to make a step
Then we cross over the fence
Approaching uneasily
I stumbled, stumbled on a stone
Dusting off memories, memories of ghosts
Better days gone bye
When you told us we're moving I didn't believe it
Cause I was born in this house, and I thought I'd die
In it too

And I told you that I missed you
But it came out something cosmic
Inauthentic
Pruning, preening
Maybe it's because
Your melody lacks coloratura

A man never knows he's guilty
Until he's forgiven
Familiar guilt, you will be my only child
My only child

I have a strange sense of subversion
I leave my guitar unattended in bars
Only to retrieve it later
Disappointed in my relief

Bullet in the side, what's a girl to do?
Hear the anguished cry
Drink of Earth's softest skin
What's a girl to do?

Flickering like an oil lamp, a figure at the foot of the bed
The color of space, the color of dread, ohh

Sat in the boat
Starting to shiver
We keep rowing
While muscles burn
Beneath my bandage
The tendons tender
But I will manage
Across the lake
Beyond the trees
He's expecting me
The daughter of a piano
Sister to late celesta

Out by the Lake
There's a man dancing under the red moonlight
He's calling me home to a place I don't know
He's calling me to join her soul
Out by the Lake
The Fat Man dances and smiles at me
While digging my grave

I put my ear to the floor of the black graveyard
To hear the voice of the gone dead love
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:25:19 AM by boe »
:tinysmile:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Thank you for your contribution, Sir! We appreciate it!
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
That was enjoyable. The "The Fat Man dances and smiles at me while digging my grave" lyric was sincerely spine-tingling.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I think they are positively, absolutely, radically, wonderfully, numerously, fantastically, charming. B)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I second what she said lol