RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Yami Overlay Mapping + MA Fix Picture to Map for lighting that follows player.

Rep:
Level 39
Bye-bye, Taisai.
I've been trying to get this to work all day and so far haven't found any answers or solutions.  The problem is simple - I have Yami's Overlay Mapping all set up with pretty sun rays in my magical little clearing.  I wanted the overlay picture to be fixed on the player - have it move with the player moving to create a sense of depth.

Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of Modern Algebra's script, but I thought it would allow me to 'fix' the overlay graphic so it wouldn't scroll with the map when the player moved.  I've set up both scripts properly, is the problem that Yami's Overlay and this script are not compatible?  Should I be using something else to achieve this effect?  Thanks for any help.

Edit: Ideally, I would be able to lock scrolling of the x and y axis independently - similar to the way you can lock x and y scrolling of parallax backgrounds with Yanfly's script (only with overlay pictures)

Edit 2: Well, I don't think I'll be using Yami's script as something in it is screwing with my item switches and breaking my quests.  I guess I'm just curious about how I can achieve this effect.  Maybe by importing the light images as pictures and using MA's script to have them move with the player?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:02:07 AM by hcmjmagic »