RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Astralis: Rise of the Dark Army (WIP)

Poll

Given the choice, what's more important?

Detailed skills and passives bought with JP and a skill equip screen.
Class changing and skills bought with JP but no passives and less functionality to skills
Neither, other features are more important
Both! Find a way to do it, loser

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Hello. Its been a long time but I'm back for a while! Life kinda happened... I'm here, though, and will be posting progress notes at significant milestones. I'm not promising anything fast! My old friends, please PM if you'd like to know what I've been up to since last time.

I love you guys. Even Irock.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
AHHHHHHHHH YOU'RE ALIVE

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Heh, I do live, indeed. A lot of things required my attention, and as they are now dealt with, I can return. Its cool to see I was missed,as I have missed you!

Now, this project is not my top priority. I may spend an hour each day, sometimes not any time at all- but I do want to finish. I have a story to tell, and this is the vehicle. There is still a lot of work to be done! I'm going to chip the characters this Monday and Tuesday, those are my days off. Next week... Well, we'll see.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Most Mature Member
Welcome back M00s!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I can't wait to see this! :D Your last game was very interesting.

Good writing > everything B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Don't forget, yuyu, there's a character based on you in the game! Aah, she's a lot of fun to write.

So this is the first of the weekly updates, mostly for my own benefit. Characters were chipped, maths were done to get a working model of the level and attribute progression.

The engine is coming along well, thanks to our rockstar scripters, and that is going to be the bulk of the work. Well, that and animations. I seem to stumble over those. One this project is complete, there will be periodic updates- expansions, if you will- that simply add classes, abilities, weaponry and the like. The engine will remain the same. 

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Don't forget, yuyu, there's a character based on you in the game! Aah, she's a lot of fun to write.

I'm in da game ?! :D I totally forgot! Can't wait to see my slick lines. ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Okay, so maybe bi-weekly update is more likely.

All character chips for all available class permutations are in, maths done. Probably not balanced.

Item database completed; icons, effects, all that stuff.

States tab complete for now, having some difficulties with certain passive skills being applied.

Next step: Implementation of day/night system including variable npc appearance, varied encounter tables and treasure finding. Considering consequences for entering off-limits areas. Database the basic weapons, armor and accessories.

Its a drudge sometimes but it'll be worth it.... I hope.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Woo! Keep at it, M00s! :D
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
I see my name is listed for music. I'm assuming you're using my RPG Maker Music Pack?

How about I just do original music for you instead (when the time comes you need music)? Or at least let me make those tracks you have sound better and loop properly.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Correct, I am. Wow, you'd do that? How very cool! I kinda fell in love with a few of the pieces, so lemme pm you with the tracks in using. Thanks, my friend!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wait, those tracks need work? I thought they were the best thing ever already ;____;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Correct, I am. Wow, you'd do that? How very cool! I kinda fell in love with a few of the pieces, so lemme pm you with the tracks in using. Thanks, my friend!

Sure, PM me whatever you're using and whatever you may need whenever it is you may need those whatever tracks whenever whatever ok

Wait, those tracks need work? I thought they were the best thing ever already ;____;

The mixing isn't very good because I ended up having to redo all of it and the second time I put less effort into it because I was burnt out on it by then due to writing 55 tracks, mixing them, and then having to mix them all again in like 30 days.

Also I (embarrassingly) found out a couple weeks ago that you can actually put loop points into .ogg files so they loop correctly. Before I kinda just faked it the best I could but it's not perfect and sometimes it's pretty obvious.