RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Trading Plans

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
So here's how I'm planning out the trading feature.

• By default, only someone on your RMRK buddy list can initiate a trade with you.
  • Related to the above, there will be a setting in your PC that allows anybody to trade request with you - by default it will be switched off. Since anyone can lookup who owns what pokemon, it could be annoying otherwise.
  • Trading will have its own index page of sorts, where you can view current open trades, your trade history and so on. I plan to log all trades and have a public list of who traded what with whom.
  • Mimicing the game, I plan to have trading only be one-for-one.

Any ideas or suggestions? The last one is what I'm most uncertain on. RMRKmon pokes are basically just trading cards, so it may make more sense if perhaps you could offer to trade a bunch of pokemon for one from elsewhere. No?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:21:45 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I like the idea of flexible trade sizes.  I've done that with friends before, just never online.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I too like the idea of variable sizes. Think this way, someone on RMRK who's interested in that particular card could offer game making services/help in exchange for it, thus looking like a 1:0 ratio. Or perhaps trading a whole bunch of common ones in favor of getting a rare one. I think of it more like the Steam trading system.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Multi trades offer more freedom. Single trades deepen the game experience.

I'm kinda torn.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
So, when all's done and the feature is finished:

Users can have multiple trades (up to 5) open at the same time, but only one with each user (i.e. I can open a trade with anski, but I can't open a second one with him without finishing or cancelling my first)

Users can trade up to 10 pokemon at a time. Either 10 for 10, or 10 meh ones for a legendary or something. Both the number of pokemon and max simultaneous open trade limits are easily changed.

As a trade is ongoing, either user can change their offer - this forces both parties to re-confirm the trade though.

You can open a trade with another user who either has you on their friends list, or have set their PC option to open trades. Each trade will have its own unique ID / page that only the two relevant parties can access - the user who opens the trade essentially uses the page as an "invite" link - the tradee can accept the trade and start it going when they visit it.

On the trade center homepage, at the top will be 2 lists - trades you're currently involved in, trades you've started. Under that, a list of recently completed trades. Finished trades will be logged and public for all to see.

I also plan to show a recent threads list taken from the yet to be created RMRKMon trading subforum  :)

That about sums it up, I think.
bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I love it. ;_;

I'm a little late to the party, but I think the multiple trading pokemon is a good idea. ;] I'm glad we went with it. ;o;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
Still far from finished, but this should give you an idea of how the trading UI appears:

Obviously their offer will appear on the other side :) Then confirm buttons underneath.
bringing sexy back

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
So very psyched...
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Does it allow you to select none?

Rep:
Level 102
No, and I don't plan to.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Is it going to force straight trades or no?

What do you mean by straight trades? If you mean it would have to be 1 for 1 or 8 for 8 then no. Yuyu could trade 10 normal pokemon for your 1 shiny raticate  :yuyu:

if you'd let her  ;8
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Rep:
Level 102
Well it's a trade :Vg;

I have to go out of my way to check/ensure that both have a non-empty selection before proceeding, I don't think I'll go back. I guess if people really want to give away their pokemon I could sort something out. Or just do the standard thing in the games where you give some trash for a poke you want from a willing player.
bringing sexy back

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
What do you mean by straight trades? If you mean it would have to be 1 for 1 or 8 for 8 then no. Yuyu could trade 10 normal pokemon for your 1 shiny raticate  :yuyu:

Thats cool, even though I don't think my Shiny Raticate is worth 10, maybe 2 :p

Rep:
Level 102
What about your shiny rapidash? =o
bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I'd be more than happy to chunk a Drowzee at someone. :V
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
I think you should be able to send people pokemon as gifts. :)

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
What about your shiny rapidash? =o

Not for sale. :p

She already wants my Hoppip and Slowpoke...

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I'd be more than happy to chunk a Drowzee at someone. :V

My kingdom for a Drowzee.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh me gawsh.

I want your ditto, slowpoke, psyduck, oddish, dewgong, wooper, weezing, or growlithe. >B(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102

Pretty much done on the trading UI I think. Also got the trading process itself bulletproof. There won't be any trade hacks here :)

Now for the trade center area and logs and other stuff  :irock2:
bringing sexy back

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I want your ditto, slowpoke, psyduck, oddish, dewgong, wooper, weezing, or growlithe. >B(
Looks like you're up an oddish then.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 102
bringing sexy back