RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA]Destitute

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010

A game by Archeia, rhyme, Marimo, Caz and thernz!

Across the crystal floor he laid down with a smile on his face.
The peaceful serenity baffled her and the burning conviction she once had crumbled.

Everything about this child confused her. An abnormality.
Nothing like she had ever experienced before.

It disgusted her knowing that the child realized something that she couldn't.
She longed for an answer herself and she couldn't even ask him the conclusion he came to.

The anger overflowed in her and the pent up emotions she held for so long burst.

Questions overwhelmed her more than answers.
What were they fighting for in the first place?

How is he able to smile until the very end?

Characters
Spoiler for:

Reyna Clementel
She's described as the warmth and sunshine of the Village of Cederia.
She has the ability to bring things to life.
Gameplay Style: Stances and Life Drain

Cider
Reyna's favorite pet raven.
She calls him, 'The Black Steel.'
Gameplay Style: Buffer and Physical Attacks

Truffles
Reyna's favorite pet dove.
She calls him, 'The Platinum Avenger.'
Gameplay Style: Buffer and Magical Attacks

Dominic
Mysterious boy that appeared when it snowed. He's always seen alone.
At least he has his crown and good looks to keep him company.
Gameplay Style: Being Cool

Bill
Dominic's favorite crown. Named because of his extreme loneliness and persistence to do things alone.
Gameplay Style: Extra Step. Can move more than once but does absolutely nothing but sparkle

Features
  • Play two different viewpoints! Each having their own unique story arc.
    We guarantee that the two routes are nothing alike, bar aside the times they meet each other. We hope you will enjoy seeing the differences of ambitions and motives between Reyna and Dominic!

• Traverse through the Wiccan and Miocene-era inspired setting with small puzzles.
    We hope that you will enjoy the custom assets that we made for this game~ Such as the famous Dragon's Blood and the Stonehenge! There will be puzzles here and there.

• Battle-centric Gameplay
    The game features a battle system with a graphical look inspired by 7th Dragon DS and 7th Dragon 2020~
    Each PoV has a different playstyle. Reyna focuses on stances and the power of friendship. In contrast, Dominic as the lone wolf and the hero that gotham the game deserves.

• No GameOvers
    Death returns you to 1 HP when battle ends. You don't receive any EXP because of this.

• AP Skill Learning
    You get AP which you can spend on skills to learn.

• Awesome story!
    That is so full of hope that we guarantee you'd raise your eyebrows due to how happy and dumb it is!

• Dating Sim
    Choose one of your beloved birds to be your lover!

• Snows and Blizzards
    That's totally a feature.
Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Credits and Notes
  • Bing Crosby and Frosty the Snowman for being inspirational.
  • rhyme for the awesome systems, battles and maps.
  • Marimo for the amazing portrait arts!
  • Archeia, Caz and thernz for magical ~secret stuff~ to be revealed soon!
  • Fandrey Indrayadi and Zero-project for the Soundtrack.
  • Liberty (Ksi) as our punching bag.
  • Archeia and Bittersweet for the sound effects.
  • The Game Chill 2013 contest for being a trigger.
Media

Spoiler for:

Concept Art by Archeia, Colored by Marimo

Commissioned Maki Art!

Commissioned Hirei Art!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I am very impressed, Nessiah. I can't wait to see a demo.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Its all very shiny! I second MA, demo please!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I shall totally have to look at this when the mill lets me go home. I'm actually more excited to see this since I can't see the images yet.

And I'm sure making a pet bird my lover will make sense as soon as I start playing...
:tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Oh my I love the sprited battlers!  I may have to do the same for future projects of my own.

This looks impressive!

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon