RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Feedback

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Not quite there, but you can now make that shiny red gyarados your fave pokemon :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award

What say you? Implement a ground circle under the trainer / pokemon or leave them blank?
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I'd lighten the ground up.

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
I've glossed over 7 Pokemon thus far, and haven't even attempted to capture a single one of them. I feel like an idiot, lol. Ah well. Great system overall!

And yeah, I'd say add a ground circle. Looks nice.

Rep:
Level 102
I could maybe add one of those (usually annoying) javascript dialogs that asks you to confirm you want to leave the page if a pokemon has appeared. Like this:

I'd have to make it a setting in your PC though that you must opt into, don't want to annoy people who don't care for the minigame.
bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Although I get sad whenever I skip over a Pokemon on accident, I think the message window might get in the way for some people, as you said. ;_; If you decide to go with it, I agree with an opt-in. :ladyj:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I've missed a few myself, but that window would drive me nuts.  Definitely need an opt-in if you go that route.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I guess you already implemented this because it's asking me if I'm sure I want to leave the page even though I already caught a Pichu. I didn't opt into this, either :mad:

If people care enough that they are potentially missing catching Pokemon then they just need to scroll down the page before leaving it. An annoying message box pop-up doesn't seem necessary, optional or not.
:tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I think the cooldown should be on seeing rather than capturing.  I just saw 3 pokemon in 10 minutes and captured one because of the chance to catch cooldown.  It's sort of punishing luck.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
I guess you already implemented this because it's asking me if I'm sure I want to leave the page even though I already caught a Pichu. I didn't opt into this, either :mad:

If people care enough that they are potentially missing catching Pokemon then they just need to scroll down the page before leaving it. An annoying message box pop-up doesn't seem necessary, optional or not.

Sorry about that, uploaded the wrong version of a file lol.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
I think the cooldown should be on seeing rather than capturing.  I just saw 3 pokemon in 10 minutes and captured one because of the chance to catch cooldown.  It's sort of punishing luck.

This is coming :)
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

This is coming :)

Cool, cuz it really sucks when you just happen to get lucky and know that the system is just going to screw you anyway.  Seeing a pokemon should be a positive event, not an "fuck this shit" moment.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I think the popup message would take some of the fun out of the game.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I don't see why providing a tool that isn't compulsory use would be a bad thing for people choosing not to use it, but y'all be the majority. ;O

Rep:
Level 102
It's like putting cheats in an MMO.

Rep:
Level 102
Generation 3 pokemon will arrive when trading is implemented. Trading won't be implemented during this month either, even if it's finished in time. People should build up a collection of gen 1 and 2 pokemon, then when gen 3 lands there's more incentive to trade so you can get the new ones  :)

So, tentative ETA for trading: April 2014  :blizj: Here's how trading is planned to take place:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:51:46 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Amazing!!! ;o;

Just saw my grade and did well on a certain project in class,
just caught a houndour,
just saw this

am happy :gracie:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I think the popup message would take some of the fun out of the game.

Agreed. Half the fun is hunting.

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Yeah, don't add the pop-up message. It's kinda my own fault if I'm oblivious enough to overlook Pokemon anyway, lol.

Trading looks nice, by the way.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Make the pop up optional.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Make the pop up optional.

This. I actually see them sometimes, and skip them so I can get another one that I'll like more instead, since I can only catch like one per time I log in here because of the cooldown =p And it would just be slightly irking if I got that popup every time.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
just caught a houndour

Lucky bitch :mad:

*clings to the houndour like a greedy fiend*

He's mine. ALL MINE.

edit: Congrats on catching on Espeon. B) Good thing you didn't get that tentaUNcool, huh?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
edit: Congrats on catching on Espeon. B) Good thing you didn't get that tentaUNcool, huh?

Totally, so glad I didn't waste my time xD

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Hmm. I alreday caught my favorites... the shadow Pokemon from the first run. Ghastly and company. I mean, I could do with some shinies, but hey...

Roph, I like what you've done with the system. I hated Pokemon when they first hit the States, but I am loving this.