Feedback

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Please use this thread only for feedback / ideas / complaints / suggestions / insults and the like in regards to the pokemon system :)

If you're commenting about a specific change, please link to the post in the changelog. Helps for future reference.

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
needs more mudkip
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Posts in this board now have 4x the chance of spawning a pokemon  :gracie:

bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Settings page doesn't work for me when picking new trainer pic. Doesn't even highlight the new pic. Tried to pick several other pics to be sure it wasn't one pic glitching, but I can't change the pic at all =/
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I saw a Metapod on Roph's second post, clicked it and then it told me I'd captured a Kabutops. I was happy but confused.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Posts in this board now have 4x the chance of spawning a pokemon  :gracie:

I was about to comment that I haven't seen one all day.

Thanks Drowzee.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I haven't seen one all day. ;9

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I feel foolish for saying this, I think I'm just overlooking it, but I can't...actually find these options for trainer image and such? Do I have to catch at least one pokemon first or something? Now that I think about it, I could almost swear I've never actually seen one.

EDIT: FOUND THE POKEBALL, AND MY BRAIN.

But I still would assert that I don't think I've ever seen one. I have noscript, but RMRK is allowed. I have ABP, but I don't THINK I have anything blocked from RMRK itself in there... what's up with that? :O

EDITEDIT: Because apparently until today, I wasn't a trainer. I'm just...gonna be quiet now.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:09:13 PM by Arrow »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I haven't seen one all day. ;9

I found a hitmonlee under this post just now, lol

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Settings page doesn't work for me when picking new trainer pic. Doesn't even highlight the new pic. Tried to pick several other pics to be sure it wasn't one pic glitching, but I can't change the pic at all =/

There's an update button in the favorite 'mon box, and an update button in the trainer box.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
This is probably something you have planned, but I think it would be neat to be able to see a list of people who have a specific Pokemon. Basic example: I own Xatu, so clicking on its image displays a list of users who also own Xatu. Clicking on Pokemon you've only seen would also show users who actually own it, which would be useful for whenever you decide to implement trading.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
This is probably something you have planned, but I think it would be neat to be able to see a list of people who have a specific Pokemon. Basic example: I own Xatu, so clicking on its image displays a list of users who also own Xatu. Clicking on Pokemon you've only seen would also show users who actually own it, which would be useful for whenever you decide to implement trading.

Almost word for word from my to-do list :O

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member

Rep:
Level 102
I saw a Metapod on Roph's second post, clicked it and then it told me I'd captured a Kabutops. I was happy but confused.

That's.. odd. And doesn't make sense. From sighting to capture, the pokemon is stored in your session data. Whether you capture or fail to capture, the pokemon is cleared. If you take so long to capture that your session has changed or expired, it's hidden behind the "ran away!" message, as opposed to a failed capture ("escaped!").

How long did you take before viewing / capturing? I can try adding some additional checks either way.

[edit] Actually, if you had multiple tabs open and saw a metapod on one and a kabutops on the second, whichever one you saw most recently would be tried in the capturing. I can't think of any other way this would happen - when you encounter a new pokemon, your pokemon session data is explicitly cleared refreshed with the newly encountered pokemon. You can't have more than one active encounter going on. A new one overwrites an old one.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:02:08 PM by Roph »

bringing sexy back

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Since we're probably doing a reset anyway, I think it'd be cool if we got to choose starters.

Rep:
Level 102
Since we're probably doing a reset anyway, I think it'd be cool if we got to choose starters.

I thought about having starters, but then after that would probably come a request for evolution, maybe even battling etc. It's a minigame, I don't want it to become that complex ._.

That's one reason the lists of pokemon are displayed like trading cards - think of them more like that  :drsword:

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
You're supposed to have battles with the cards. >:(

Rep:
Level 102
Well these are for collecting :mad:

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Alright, so fyi.. The trainer section does not seem to work in IE (as in, I cannot change my trainer avatar in settings). however, the favorite pokemon section works fine. I switched to Firefox and they both work fine..

Rep:
Level 102
I don't even bother testing in IE lol. I'll take a look some time. Why would you use IE?

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Believe it or not, it actually works perfectly fine for me... I see no reason not to use it. It's just as fact as the others, works on all the same sites and such.. I only switch to Firefox to make use of a downloader plugin =p

Rep:
Level 102
IE is the bane of web developers' lives. Sites may look and run fine in it to you, but only because the guy(s) behind them have slaved over fixing and accounting for stupid inconsistencies and errors from IE. Fuck IE.

I must concede that Microsoft has improved it a lot in recent years, but there is still no reason to use it over chrome or firefox.

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
IE is the bane of web developers' lives.

...I know, I actually AM a developer myself, so I know what you mean. I simply meant that it's convenient for me to use as the default. If something doesn't work for me, then yes, I swap on over to firefox and that usually fixes it =p

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
that's less convenient than using a good browser 24/7

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Dude. Chrome. I was an IE guy for a loooong time until a virus caused me to try a different browser.

Anyway, just caught my first one, this seems fun, good show and all that.

EDIT: Okay, I just spent more time than I'd like to admit to hunting for Pokemon. This is fun. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:35:12 PM by EvilM00s »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
IE is also not very secure.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Insecure Explorer? hurr hurr...

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Actually, Dr. Mc's birthday got me thinking... why don't we give someone a free shiny/pokemon on their birthday? =o

(also shinys will be a great idea for prizes and stuff!) ;o;

(note: I had this posted in the other thread but deleted and reposted) :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
I like that idea

*seconds the motion*

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Cooldown system mostly complete, was not enabled for this update. TDS is a dick, cooldown / capture blocking system is now top priority. After which, pokemon deletion. Which will be tested on TDS.

I'm sorry, I wasn't really trying to be a dick. I was just trying to get a Squirtle. All I did was press F5 + search the word "appeared" which only took a few seconds to find a pokemon on the page. If you want people to bypass the trick you could use an image to denote the appearance of the pokemon rather than using plain text which is easy to track (Not needed for the actual name since it's not feasible to track the name of the pokemon). Again, I'm sorry about what I did. I was not aware I was being such a big problem and I'll stop using the system.

Rep:
Level 97
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer

Rep:
Level 88
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
spamming it was just sorta against the spirit of the system. it's not supposed to be an instant gratification thing

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast
Strike basically hit the nail on the head.  Back during first testing I wanted to see if there was any diminishing returns so I pointed the refreshing method out to Roph.  I'm glad to see a cooldown system being implemented.  It would suck if everyone had all 251 of them before we implemented trading.

Rep:
Level 102
I always anticipated a jerk would try spamming threads to try and mass-capture which is why I generate & send a key along with the ajax encounter request. For now it's unused, though eventually it will also rate-limit your encounters.

The cooldown on capture is already implemented.

Also, I'm aware of a little bug where your sightings page section will list double pokemon if you've seen a normal & shiny variant. I'll fix it and make the shiny version appear shiny :)

Also in the next update, the "owned pokemon" page will be the default view on a trainer's profile.

bringing sexy back

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Spamming takes the fun out of it, I think. It's way more rewarding to catch one by simply browsing... like that's ever stopped anyone from using an exploit in a game. Yes, controls ought to be put on.

BTW, TDS, I don't think you were being a jerk.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think the Pokemon avatars are throwing some people off and making them think they've seen Pokemon. ;9 I've heard more than a couple people say that.

Well, ninetales avatar, it's been fun. :V
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
Here's how the release area should look like:

That pika ;9

bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
;_; pikachu wants to wake up ash cause he turned to stone ;________;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I think the Pokemon avatars are throwing some people off and making them think they've seen Pokemon. ;9 I've heard more than a couple people say that.

Well, ninetales avatar, it's been fun. :V
I missed a pokemon or two before because .. well I will load a page, quickly scroll through to see if a pokemon shows up, then read the new entries. But with all of the pokemon avatars sometimes I still didn't see them in time to catch them ;9 

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Also when a page takes you to the last seen reply you have a chance of missing one if it spawns on a higher post.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Yup, thus the reason I scroll through and then read the posts, just caught Alakazam by scrolling to the top of this page before reading your reply xD  lol  ^_^

Rep:
Level 102
Can you implement microtransactions that reset your cooldown? Thanks.

Rep:
Level 102
Can you implement microtransactions that reset your cooldown? Thanks.

This isn't EA's Pokemon Keeper :madcop:

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Also in the next update, you will be able to click on pokemon to see who else owns it  :gracie:

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
that's less convenient than using a good browser 24/7

...switched over and I've been using FF by default the past couple days.. It's working out okay, though now I have to go in and import all my favorites lolz
Yup, thus the reason I scroll through and then read the posts, just caught Alakazam by scrolling to the top of this page before reading your reply xD  lol  ^_^

That's pretty much what I do too lmao.. That's how I caught ALL except my shiny so far hahaha

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I keep forgetting to hunt first and read later. I've missed out on two and failed to capture four so far! Although, the escapees were probably due to the difficulty multiplier. I have been quite the forum potato this evening.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 06:19:56 AM by EvilM00s »

Rep:
Level 96
I can't seem to update my trainer image, for some reason. :O

Rep:
Level 102
I struggled with updating mine as well, so I assume it's because of the same reason. When you select the trainer, keep your mouse inside the trainer pane so it doesn't collapse and hit the update button inside said pane at the bottom, rather than the one under the favorite pokemon pane. I didn't know there was one in the trainer pane because I didn't scroll all the way down to see it and it auto collapsed before I ever could.

Rep:
Level 102
I struggled with updating mine as well, so I assume it's because of the same reason. When you select the trainer, keep your mouse inside the trainer pane so it doesn't collapse and hit the update button inside said pane at the bottom, rather than the one under the favorite pokemon pane. I didn't know there was one in the trainer pane because I didn't scroll all the way down to see it and it auto collapsed before I ever could.

Yeah, I'll change the way this behaves in the next update. Probably a fixed height box that scrolls.

If that's not it arrow, perhaps you're using IE (don't). Besides being a shit browser in many other ways, it lacks certain CSS3 / HTML5 features.

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
I would never dare to commit such blasphemies. Firefox is my lover. I do HTML/CSS too, y'know. not nearly on your level, but I do.

Oh, and what irock said worked. Thanks dude.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:57:31 AM by Arrow »

Rep:
Level 102
updated a whole bunch  :yuyu:

Next on the list is to let you choose a shiny pokemon as your favourite pokemon, if you have a shiny variant of it.

Finishing the release function means that two of the key functions to facilitate trading (adding / removing pokemon from whoever) are now in place, though trading still isn't coming any time soon :mad:

bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
More badges added. Now automatically shown for the number of different pokemon you've seen, and also for if you have seen and/or caught a shiny pokemon.

Either I am totally misunderstanding what you're saying or mine is broken :/
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:29:18 PM by Baroness Jules »

Rep:
Level 97
You've seen 6 total, which puts you beyond the threshold for receiving a badge for seeing 5 Pokemon. The ones you've caught also count as ones you've seen.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
See I totally misunderstood that.  That's why I keep you around Bobbeh.  <3 

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)
Either I'm massively unlucky or Pokemon don't like me. I never see ANY except for in this board.

Rep:
Level 96
I just caught a magneton because you wanted to grouse about not finding anything. 8D KEEP BEING SAD, IT'S GOOD FOR MY ODDS.

Rep:
Level 102
Either I'm massively unlucky or Pokemon don't like me. I never see ANY except for in this board.

Normally there is a 1% chance to appear. Which sounds low, but considering there are typically 25 posts per page, it adds up.

In the pokemon board, that chance is 4%.

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
It seems the dark version of RMRK7 loads a little slower. On the dinosaur I use at work here, it's significantly slower. Just wanted you to be aware, and out of curiosity, why would that be?

Rep:
Level 102
It isn't, only the CSS is different. The same PHP scripts are ran, the same HTML is output (apart from the HTML telling your browser to load dark stylesheets / images instead of course).

Placebo, methinks =o

bringing sexy back

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Aha, yes... it was the IT department's fault. The just installed a new spy-thingy, which is taking up even more of the already overtaxed processor's time.

It just so happened to coincide with my switching to dark theme. My bad.

Rep:
Level 96

JEALOUSY

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I just got a shiny Chansey by doing the same thing. Stragety.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
SCREW YOU OLD MAN STRAGETY ISN'T A WORD

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)
Might be just me, but I think a link back to the main board of RMRK would be a nice thing to have on the trainer page somewhere, rather than just a link that leads to the trainer's user profile.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
SCREW YOU OLD MAN STRAGETY ISN'T A WORD

That's not necessaliry true...

Might be just me, but I think a link back to the main board of RMRK would be a nice thing to have on the trainer page somewhere, rather than just a link that leads to the trainer's user profile.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. T'would be very convenient.

Rep:
Level 96
Third'd'd.

Also charizard.

Rep:
Level 102
I spent a while this morning on a page footer, I'll finish it and upload the changes =o

bringing sexy back

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Thank you Roph~ <3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just found my first legit shiny - a lil' dunsparce.

and

he

got

away

;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Same thing just happened to me with a shiny Kakuna  D:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I see a Flaafy and when I captured it said Shiny Magikarp caught . . . . I'm confused.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
If you had multiple RMRK tabs open, it's because of that; if it's loaded one pokemon and then another, it'll only remember the last one.

also roph can you please implement trading so i can have that shiny magikarp thx

Rep:
Level 102
Not quite there, but you can now make that shiny red gyarados your fave pokemon :)

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102

What say you? Implement a ground circle under the trainer / pokemon or leave them blank?

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
I'd lighten the ground up.

Rep:
Level 39
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
I've glossed over 7 Pokemon thus far, and haven't even attempted to capture a single one of them. I feel like an idiot, lol. Ah well. Great system overall!

And yeah, I'd say add a ground circle. Looks nice.

Rep:
Level 102
I could maybe add one of those (usually annoying) javascript dialogs that asks you to confirm you want to leave the page if a pokemon has appeared. Like this:

I'd have to make it a setting in your PC though that you must opt into, don't want to annoy people who don't care for the minigame.

bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Although I get sad whenever I skip over a Pokemon on accident, I think the message window might get in the way for some people, as you said. ;_; If you decide to go with it, I agree with an opt-in. :ladyj:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I've missed a few myself, but that window would drive me nuts.  Definitely need an opt-in if you go that route.

Rep:
Level 97
I guess you already implemented this because it's asking me if I'm sure I want to leave the page even though I already caught a Pichu. I didn't opt into this, either :mad:

If people care enough that they are potentially missing catching Pokemon then they just need to scroll down the page before leaving it. An annoying message box pop-up doesn't seem necessary, optional or not.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast
I think the cooldown should be on seeing rather than capturing.  I just saw 3 pokemon in 10 minutes and captured one because of the chance to catch cooldown.  It's sort of punishing luck.

Rep:
Level 102
I guess you already implemented this because it's asking me if I'm sure I want to leave the page even though I already caught a Pichu. I didn't opt into this, either :mad:

If people care enough that they are potentially missing catching Pokemon then they just need to scroll down the page before leaving it. An annoying message box pop-up doesn't seem necessary, optional or not.

Sorry about that, uploaded the wrong version of a file lol.

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
I think the cooldown should be on seeing rather than capturing.  I just saw 3 pokemon in 10 minutes and captured one because of the chance to catch cooldown.  It's sort of punishing luck.

This is coming :)

bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast

This is coming :)

Cool, cuz it really sucks when you just happen to get lucky and know that the system is just going to screw you anyway.  Seeing a pokemon should be a positive event, not an "fuck this shit" moment.

Rep:
Level 102
I think the popup message would take some of the fun out of the game.

Rep:
Level 96
I don't see why providing a tool that isn't compulsory use would be a bad thing for people choosing not to use it, but y'all be the majority. ;O

Rep:
Level 102
It's like putting cheats in an MMO.

Rep:
Level 102
Generation 3 pokemon will arrive when trading is implemented. Trading won't be implemented during this month either, even if it's finished in time. People should build up a collection of gen 1 and 2 pokemon, then when gen 3 lands there's more incentive to trade so you can get the new ones  :)

So, tentative ETA for trading: April 2014  :blizj: Here's how trading is planned to take place:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:51:46 PM by Roph »

bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Amazing!!! ;o;

Just saw my grade and did well on a certain project in class,
just caught a houndour,
just saw this

am happy :gracie:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I think the popup message would take some of the fun out of the game.

Agreed. Half the fun is hunting.

Rep:
Level 39
Yeah, don't add the pop-up message. It's kinda my own fault if I'm oblivious enough to overlook Pokemon anyway, lol.

Trading looks nice, by the way.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast
Make the pop up optional.

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Make the pop up optional.

This. I actually see them sometimes, and skip them so I can get another one that I'll like more instead, since I can only catch like one per time I log in here because of the cooldown =p And it would just be slightly irking if I got that popup every time.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
just caught a houndour

Lucky bitch :mad:

*clings to the houndour like a greedy fiend*

He's mine. ALL MINE.

edit: Congrats on catching on Espeon. B) Good thing you didn't get that tentaUNcool, huh?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 71
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
edit: Congrats on catching on Espeon. B) Good thing you didn't get that tentaUNcool, huh?

Totally, so glad I didn't waste my time xD

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Hmm. I alreday caught my favorites... the shadow Pokemon from the first run. Ghastly and company. I mean, I could do with some shinies, but hey...

Roph, I like what you've done with the system. I hated Pokemon when they first hit the States, but I am loving this.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
YESSSSSSSSS I JUST CAUGHT A CUBONE!!!

so cute ;______;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Yeah? Well I got  Marrowak. So *thppppt*

Is that one any good? I mean, I really don't know one from the other...

Rep:
Level 39
I got a Sentret a while ago.

My happiness knows no bounds right now <3

Oh, and a Chinchou. eeeeeeee.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah? Well I got  Marrowak. So *thppppt*

Is that one any good? I mean, I really don't know one from the other...

Marrowak is awesome!! ;o;

The next one on my list is a shiny Furrett. So PINK. Waaah!! :gracie:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I caught a Rapidash, which I was really wanting cause it's a horse with fire for a mane, tail, and at the hooves. I mean COME ON.. tell me that isn't cool. I may or may not have a fire fetish. .-.   

I find myself coming to RMRK more and more and even checking threads I wouldn't have checked in the past, just to see if a Pokemon pops up.  I'm totally addicted to this game ;_; 

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I find myself coming to RMRK more and more and even checking threads I wouldn't have checked in the past, just to see if a Pokemon pops up.  I'm totally addicted to this game ;_; 

Me too. Support groups are in our future...   ;9

Aaaaand I caught a Nidoqueen. Party!

Rep:
Level 96
SMEARGLE.

That wasn't just a tourette's fueled outburst, I caught one.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Similarly, Koffing is not just something I do when I'm sick. It's my new Pokemon. From your post, Arrow.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast

hehehe

Roph is a Victreebel magnet, like James.

Rep:
Level 102
Just had a thought, what if I implemented the trading evolution feature?

So for example, you cannot catch an Alakazam or a Golem, but if you trade a Kadabra or Graveler, they become Alakazam and Golem?

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I like it.

also i caught a zubat

fucking hooray

._____.

Rep:
Level 102
Oops, I'll fix that lol

Gave you a ponyta for reporting ^__^

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Just had a thought, what if I implemented the trading evolution feature?

So for example, you cannot catch an Alakazam or a Golem, but if you trade a Kadabra or Graveler, they become Alakazam and Golem?
Don't think that's a good idea. There are many Pokemon that I value higher than their evolved forms, especially since there's no battling.

Rep:
Level 102
Yeah, was thinking about that  :-[ oh well

The other option is that if you trade away a kadabra, YOU get an alakazam. Or if you trade away a kadabra then the recipient gets both a kadabra and an alakazam.

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
I think it would be cool if you could find evolutionary stones and use them on your pokemon.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I think it would be cool if you could find evolutionary stones and use them on your pokemon.

This is a Jules Approved™ idea.

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 71
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Oops, I'll fix that lol

Gave you a ponyta for reporting ^__^

SCOOOORE

Also yeah that sounds cool. :o

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Woo hoo, another Misdreavus. B) I don't usually like duplicates, but someone might like 'er for trades.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86

This is a Jules Approved™ idea.

M00s approval schtampfed as well.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
A bit of a far-out idea, but an awesome spriter could invent RMRK-member themed pokemon? ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
I really like that idea.

Rep:
Level 39
Yeah, I'm all for that idea as well. It'd be quite fitting, really.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Schweet.

Requesting "yuyu" - psychic type cat pokemon. B) Will love the creator forever and ever.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
...I mean...that could be fun and all... It's an idea... *leers at MS Paint*... Hmmm...

Rep:
Level 102
The problem with evolution stones is that it opens a whole can of worms handling evolution. Taking Eevee for example, many of its Eeveelutions don't use stones but other means, such as Espeon when leveled up both with a high friendship statistic and during the day or morning. Both concepts way outside the scope of RMRKMon.

As for custom pokemon, the question of what IDs to use for them would crop up. Eventually over time we'll add newer gens of pokemon, and Nintendo will I assume continue to release games. Giving them IDs way higher than any likely pokemon would break a load of functions that expect consistent IDs (lists, RNGs). This is technically why missingno. exists in RMRKMon, just to offset from the default array key of 0 :P

I have thought about evolution before, but by another means. Being online for extended periods of time or making posts gives you EXP points, which you can then spend on evolving a pokemon. For each pokemon, I'd store an "evolves from" field and then you could go to a page to spend your EXP - if any pokemon evolve from any of yours.

bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to evolution, but if it complicates things, I don't think it'd be all that necessary. ;9

Otherwise, not really any complaints. I still love the system - with or without it. :gracie:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
The problem with evolution stones is that it opens a whole can of worms handling evolution. Taking Eevee for example, many of its Eeveelutions don't use stones but other means, such as Espeon when leveled up both with a high friendship statistic and during the day or morning. Both concepts way outside the scope of RMRKMon.

As for custom pokemon, the question of what IDs to use for them would crop up. Eventually over time we'll add newer gens of pokemon, and Nintendo will I assume continue to release games. Giving them IDs way higher than any likely pokemon would break a load of functions that expect consistent IDs (lists, RNGs). This is technically why missingno. exists in RMRKMon, just to offset from the default array key of 0 :P

I have thought about evolution before, but by another means. Being online for extended periods of time or making posts gives you EXP points, which you can then spend on evolving a pokemon. For each pokemon, I'd store an "evolves from" field and then you could go to a page to spend your EXP - if any pokemon evolve from any of yours.
I was thinking we could just have a generic evolutionary stone that works on every pokemon with an evolved form, despite that not being canonical. Also thought about getting them by posting, which might encourage more activity, or at least make the system deeper than being pure RNG. I think that's a good route to go, whether or not we actually use evolutionary stones.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast

I was thinking we could just have a generic evolutionary stone that works on every pokemon with an evolved form, despite that not being canonical. Also thought about getting them by posting, which might encourage more activity, or at least make the system deeper than being pure RNG. I think that's a good route to go, whether or not we actually use evolutionary stones.

Rare Candies.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
An unusual glitch has appeared!

Was browsing this morning on my 3DS when I happened upon a shiny Abra. Tried tapping the picture several times but I couldn't get it to respond and catch it in time. Checking my Pokemon out now on the PS3 though, I noticed I now have TWO shiny Abra's and a regular one that I can't remember if I had before.

Rep:
Level 102
An unusual glitch has appeared!

Was browsing this morning on my 3DS when I happened upon a shiny Abra. Tried tapping the picture several times but I couldn't get it to respond and catch it in time. Checking my Pokemon out now on the PS3 though, I noticed I now have TWO shiny Abra's and a regular one that I can't remember if I had before.

The encountering / catching is done through jQuery javascript AJAX requests. I severely doubt the abilities of Nintendo's browser.

Also, catching (or failing to catch) a pokemon clears the encounter. There's no way you can capture twice from one encounter. That's why the capture href is so simple: http://rmrk.net/pokemon/?ajax=capture. I'll have a look at some stuff =o

[edit] I guess there is a tiny (I'm talking ~sub 20 millisecond) window where you could initiate two captures from one encounter, as the data is only cleared after the database queries are all done. If your 3DS lagged up and sent multiple requests at exactly the same time I suppose it's plausible.

I've just changed this in the code though, so after the next update, it's utterly impossible.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:05:13 PM by Roph »

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Glitch report: I encountered a Primeape today but when I captured it the system gave me a dragonaire instead. I think there may be a typo glitch somewhere regarding these two pokemon.

Rep:
Level 102
Glitch report: I encountered a Primeape today but when I captured it the system gave me a dragonaire instead. I think there may be a typo glitch somewhere regarding these two pokemon.

This happens when one encounter overwrites another. When you try and capture it's always from your latest encounter. If you're using multiple tabs and encounter pokemon on those multiple tabs, this will happen.

Dragonair is cooler than primeape too, so be happy :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 08:33:00 PM by Roph »

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Dragonaire is cooler than primeape too, so be happy :)

Oh, I am. It was shiny too, so I'm much happier with this outcome.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
[edit] I guess there is a tiny (I'm talking ~sub 20 millisecond) window where you could initiate two captures from one encounter, as the data is only cleared after the database queries are all done. If your 3DS lagged up and sent multiple requests at exactly the same time I suppose it's plausible.

I've just changed this in the code though, so after the next update, it's utterly impossible.

This totally explains Halo's high capture rate. I knew he was cheating :mad: 

Rep:
Level 97
If that were true then I would have doubles of everything :mad:

Your post had a Shellder but he escaped me :mad:

Rep:
Level 102
I think halo just got lucky when shinies were first added; their chance was 5%. Now it's 2% chance to be shiny, and once the trading update arrives it'll be 1% =o

Also I caught a shiny Porygon2 earlier, but it was on the local test copy of RMRK ;9

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
I reckon there should be a badge for capturing a whole generation, made easier once trading is involved.

Rep:
Level 97
I think halo just got lucky when shinies were first added; their chance was 5%. Now it's 2% chance to be shiny, and once the trading update arrives it'll be 1% =o

Also I caught a shiny Porygon2 earlier, but it was on the local test copy of RMRK ;9

That and shinies aren't affected by the cooldown. Every time I've caught a shiny it's been right after a caught a regular one. I've been getting lucky with encounters too. I see one on nearly every page I look at, and since I don't really visit RMRK all that often the chances of capturing it are high.

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
That's why the capture href is so simple: http://rmrk.net/pokemon/?ajax=capture.

Just as a thought, is this query page specific? I clicked on it, and caught a pokemon, yet, the pokemon was not on this page... So, not sure if that counts as a bug report or not, but something to look into?

Rep:
Level 102
An encountered pokemon is stored in your server-side session. RMRK's SMF sessions are currently set to expire/refresh after 45 minutes. Your session refreshing invalidates any encounter (ran away message), or if you attempt a capture the encounter is dropped. Part of your session data is what you see on the end of special links like the logout links; that jumble of letters and numbers. When that changes, your session has updated.

If you've encountered but missed / not attempted to capture a pokemon then it'll still hang around in your session until it periodically refreshes or you overwrite it with another encounter. Hitting the capture URL runs the capture process on your session, so you caught it =o

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
oh wow, so that link is the lazy members way to play lolz... I caught a caterpie with it =p

Rep:
Level 102
1,000 pokemon have been caught :D

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Hooray slavery! :D

Rep:
Level 102
Lol. Anyway, I was planning to hold back trading until April, though it may land on the 19th - when that Version poll ends :)

bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
GOD BLESS A FREAKING MILK COW I've missed every single pokemon I've tried to catch today :mad:

will we be able to gift? was a decision ever made on that? 

Edit: made my post, scrolled up, and finally caught one. Sheesh~

Rep:
Level 102
The trading center is just for ... trading, but I could whip up a little gift function.

bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
If it is not too much trouble that would be awesome. Please and thank you :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast

You should give out a prize to the person who caught the 1000th pokemon.

It should be a shiny version of the pokemon they caught.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I caught an arbok, and then I realized that strike logged himself in on my laptop.  :mad:

Rep:
Level 102

You should give out a prize to the person who caught the 1000th pokemon.

It should be a shiny version of the pokemon they caught.

No way to find out who it was, I don't and won't log who catches what in the aim of simplicity.

Implementing the red/gold/ruby and blue/silver/sapphire etc version stuff now.

All trainers will get a random version assigned to them the next time they encounter a pokemon. After the update arrives.

A link to the bulbapedia article for each pokemon will be shown, version is represented by a big bullet point (same for trainers), and fixed the weird alignment / line breaking in the pokemon selector dropdown :police:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:32:19 PM by Roph »

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Big update has landed - versions, trading, gen3 pokemon  :)

Some things on the to-do list now:

• Make some way to compare someone else's collection against yours
  • Offer a full trade log for users, "My trade history" or something
  • Make a page that lists which pokemon are restricted to which version

bringing sexy back

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Nice poke ball animation. I just bagged a torkoal!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I got a rock.

Rep:
Level 97
Individual Pokemon pages don't show me which version they belong to (that little colored dot doesn't appear next to their name but it does appear next to mine on my profile - Tyrian ftw).

Also, is there some sort of notification to inform you when someone has initiated a trade with you, or do you just have to check yourself?

Rep:
Level 102
Individual Pokemon pages don't show me which version they belong to (that little colored dot doesn't appear next to their name but it does appear next to mine on my profile - Tyrian ftw).

Also, is there some sort of notification to inform you when someone has initiated a trade with you, or do you just have to check yourself?

Most pokemon have no version. You'll only see it on pokemon that are exclusive to a particular version. Sandslash, for example.

Whoever creates a trade uses the link to that created trade as an invite link of sorts; they'll send it to you. Users have a maximum amount of simultaneous trades allowed, and it won't become an active trade for you until you accept the trade. From then on, it appears in a list of active trades in the trade center :)

bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I'm liseran...... 

Blegh lol

Rep:
Level 97
Which pokemon are exclusive to which version?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 82
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I AM GOING TO LOVE THIS SKITTY FOREVER AND EVER OH MY GOD :gracie: :gracie: :gracie: :gracie:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
Mmmmmmm data handling.

Now busy on a list function, to list all trainers by certain parameters.

Total pokemon asc/desc
Total seen asc/desc
pokedex size asc/desc
trades performed asc/desc
total catches asc/desc
total sightings asc/desc
all trainers of a certain version
trainer start time oldest/newest

I think that's it. When I've got and arranged everything, a user's data looks like this:

Code: [Select]
   [3] => Array
        (
            [trainerpic] => 1
            [pokemon] => Array
                (
                    [0] => 36
                    [1] => 48
                    [2] => 57
                    [3] => 282
                    [4] => 304
                    [5] => 304
                )

[seen] => Array
                (
                    [0] => 1.3
                    [1] => 16
                    [2] => 18
                    [3] => 18.3
                    [4] => 52.3
                    [5] => 79
                    [6] => 101
                    [7] => 129
                )

[dex] => Array
                (
                    [0] => 1
                    [1] => 5
                    [2] => 16
                    [3] => 18
                    [4] => 36
                    [5] => 48
                    [6] => 52
                    [7] => 57
                    [8] => 61
                    [9] => 73
                    [10] => 79
                    [11] => 90
                    [12] => 113
                    [13] => 158
                    [14] => 183
                    [15] => 195
                    [16] => 233
                    [17] => 238
                    [18] => 282
                    [19] => 304
                )

[starttime] => 1393025100
            [lastcaught] => 1394916211
            [trades] => Array
                (
                    [0] => 9
                    [1] => 10
                    [2] => 11
                    [3] => 12
                    [4] => 14
                    [5] => 15
                )

[fave] => 282
            [badges] =>
            [catches] => 6
            [sightings] => 8
            [lastsaw] =>
            [lastkey] =>
            [opentrade] => 1
            [opentrades] =>
            [version] => 2
            [name] => admin3
            [id] => 3
            [total_pokemon] => 6
            [total_dex] => 20
            [total_seen] => 8
            [total_trades] => 6
        )

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97

Most pokemon have no version. You'll only see it on pokemon that are exclusive to a particular version. Sandslash, for example.

Whoever creates a trade uses the link to that created trade as an invite link of sorts; they'll send it to you. Users have a maximum amount of simultaneous trades allowed, and it won't become an active trade for you until you accept the trade. From then on, it appears in a list of active trades in the trade center :)

Okay, gotcha.

I think there's an error though. I've been assigned Tyrian, but I encountered and caught a Pokemon exclusive to Liseran: http://rmrk.net/pokemon/?pokemon=336

Rep:
Level 97

Rep:
Level 39
I went to RMRKMon, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt caught a Minun just now.

Yeeess, I wanted one of these for so long. <3

Rep:
Level 102

Okay, gotcha.

I think there's an error though. I've been assigned Tyrian, but I encountered and caught a Pokemon exclusive to Liseran: http://rmrk.net/pokemon/?pokemon=336

Yeah, ooops.

if ($version == 1) $blocked = 1;
   else $blocked = 2;

How did I even type that without noticing it's wrong  :anski2:

bringing sexy back

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You're human. Given the complexity of the task you've undertaken, I'm impressed that that was the only error.

Rep:
Level 97
No big deal anyway~

Rep:
Level 102
Speaking of which, the list function I'm busy on now is only technically feasible after making my own functions to grab data from SMF. SMF provides built in functions when you're integrating with it to easily get stuff like a user's account data, but it gives you literally every last thing about their account. When querying for 10+ users it's pages and pages of data, 99% of which I'm throwing away. Now my own function just grabs the username + buddy list in less than 1/100th the time. So I feel safe querying triple, even quadruple digit numbers of usernames :blizj:  ;8

bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast
Did you change the anti-spamming cooldown from capture rate to encounter rate?

Rep:
Level 102
Nope, I want to do something a bit more elegant.

bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast
Fair enough, it's just really punishing towards people who browse the site often as it is right now.

Rep:
Level 102
Remember not to take it too seriously.

In other news, got the rudimentary list page up and running.

A glaring bug is the catchings / sightings, for 2 reasons. First is that I didn't always keep a personal tally for each trainer of catch / encounter events, second is that for a while all new trainers had null default values instead of zero, so the count wouldn't increase anyway. Counts fine now though, will even out over time ;8

And it counts having 0 pokemon as having 1, since count(array) = 1;. Will fix that too =o

So for now, HaloOfTheSun has the biggest dex. He's packing a huge dex :drsword:.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 03:49:01 PM by Roph »

bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast
Yeah it's just a little annoying when you view the site a lot, and you're supposed to be having fun with a feature, but it grows more annoying than fun due to it almost punishing activity.  Nothing -has- to be done, but it is a little frustrating, which I think defeats the purpose of a fun feature.

Also, it gets confused when I open multiple threads at once ( which I sometimes do ), and I think that screws up the session variables.

Rep:
Level 102
There can only ever be one or no pokemon in your session; any new ones overwrite any older ones. It's literally $sessiondata['seenpokemon'] = $encounter.

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
So I'm busy generating and tallying up scores for offered pokemon in a trade, here's how it stands now:

1) Each pokemon in an offer has its encounter rate inverted from 100. So for example, a 75% encounter rate zubat leaves only 25 as a base starting score.
2) The score is then doubled, just to push differences apart further.
3) If the pokemon is version limited, it gets another 50 added to its score.
4) If the pokemon is shiny, its score is multiplied by an arbitrarily chosen 12.5x.

Each pokemon in a trade can be hovered over to see its score. So at the end of this, a pidgeot is worth 90, a gardevoir 140, a charmeleon 120. A shiny charmeleon is worth 1,500.

Of course, much of the value from trading is sentimental, friendship based or some other reason that means the actual rarity of the pokemon is irrelevant. So it's just a little number in the corner, and each pokemon's individual score is hidden until you hover over its name. Just helps at a glance if you're wondering how rare the particular pokemon is. Also, pokemon in a trade now link to their info pages.

And there's now a link to IRC when in a trade :)

bringing sexy back

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 71
I'm Tyrian, but I just found a Liseran Pokemon o:
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 102
Yeah, didn't upload the fixed file yet lol. I'll do that now =o

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
Got a shiny tangela posting just now :gracie:

bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
Found a bit of a ...puzzle? Arrow is on my buddy list, has been for a bit, but:

Rep:
Level 102
Unless a trainer has the open trade option turned on, only users on their buddy list can open trades with them.

bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
ah, I see. Thanks

Rep:
Level 97
That feeling when you considered someone your buddy but you aren't theirs ;9

Hungry
Rep:
Level 95
Mawbeast
I AM SO SORRY HAOL I ADDED YOU ;-;

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
That feeling when you considered someone your buddy but you aren't theirs ;9

Yeah ;9

Rep:
Level 97
I AM SO SORRY HAOL I ADDED YOU ;-;

YOU MEAN I WASN'T ALREADY ON YOUR LIST??

OH MY GOD THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING BRB KILLING MYSELF

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician