RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Z Button not used and making System Sound

Rep:
Level 40
Just keep scrollin'~
RPGXP, and I didn't know where else to post it.

So I went ahead to test out part of my intro, but it seems that when I try to use the Z button, nothing happens other than making one of the system sounds. It still happens after the intro, and I can only use space. I DID NOT change any scripts, and I have not made any changes that would affect the button.

Any help?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
You need to pop out your Z key and replace it with a new one.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
What are you trying to make the Z button do?

Also, if you didn't know.
"Z button" does not mean Z key.
Press F1 while playing your game to open up a menu. In the menu go to "Keyboard".
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:55:32 PM by Lord Eddard Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 40
Just keep scrollin'~
What are you trying to make the Z button do?

The same thing as the space bar (accept, OK, etc.), the Z button should have done the same thing as Space...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Ok.

1. Start game.
2. Press F1.
3. Go to keyboard.
4. Change Z:A to Z:C.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 40
Just keep scrollin'~
Ok.

1. Start game.
2. Press F1.
3. Go to keyboard.
4. Change Z:A to Z:C.

Sorry for the late reply.

It works now, thanks. IDK what happened with the controls.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Gotta be careful changing that. There is some underlying problem causing the in game letter A (which is mapped to Z on the keyboard by default) to play that sound. What you did is basically changed that button so it doesn't exist and now does exactly as the the space, c, and enter buttons do.

By default RMXP has these keys:
L - Q on keyboard
R - W on keyboard
X,Y,Z - A,S,D on keyboard
A,B,C - Z,X,C on keyboard.

The C button has a few different ways of being called such as enter and space. Keep in mind when developing, that YOUR changes to the keyboard will not effect OUR changes. If that sound played when you pressed 'Z' (A), then it will still play when anyone else presses 'Z' (A)

Hope i wasn't too confusing