RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK7 Public Beta

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Lol. Anyway, the 7th RMRK theme has been in development for a while and is now more or less presentable :)

NAMKCOR, yuyubabe (if she ever finishes her assignment :mad:) and Gracie all deserve some thanks for various little bits and advice during development.

Spoiler for why this theme is the 7th version:

You can use this link to switch to the theme for your current session, or you can go to your profile -> look and layout area to switch to the theme more permanently.

Yes, it's light - it may take a while to get accustomed to after being used to a dark RMRK. Eventually, you will be able to select a dark version :)

Feel free to use this thread to report any obvious bugs, things out of place, and general suggestions :drsword:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:57:26 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Hmm.. It's not too bad, though I do prefer the darker theme. When do you think the dark version will be available? Haven't found any bugs just yet, but I'll keep trying to break it for you :p
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Cool. I like it.
Two thumbs up for the hard work guys.  :)
なんでやねん

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Post buttons still need style :B

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I really dislike the way threads are displayed on when you're in a forum. each thread is a HUUUUUGE box, you have to scroll forever to read through all the topic titles on one page.

Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 05:17:56 PM by Strike Reyhi »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
1) The whole {$name} thing broke.
2) Rep looks good, but not to sound like Animefan or anything, numbers still all the way. Also guys what's rep.
3) The white background is totally throwing off my chi balancing.
4) This is really fucking pedantic, but the dot indicating that someone is online would look better if it were slightly further away from the name.
6) Errors are too difficult to find.
7) The text size / font(?) in the reply box is way bigger than that of actual posts. :mad:
8) Screw the number 5 :mad: Also screw how 8) defaults to 8)
9) The border around each post in a thread confuses me (also why do they all have to be in separate boxes)?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I agree with pac, individual post boxes seem weird.
I feel like it would look better without the padding.
Spoiler for:

also while the rep bars are a neat idea they're like a graph with no labels.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 05:25:16 PM by Strike Reyhi »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
NAMKCOR, yuyubabe (if she ever finishes her assignment :mad:) and Gracie all deserve some thanks for various little bits and advice during development.

;9

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I agree with pac, individual post boxes seem weird.
I feel like it would look better without the padding.
Spoiler for:

I think maybe less padding, and a smaller shadow.

Code: [Select]
margin: 5px 10px 10px 10px;
box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #aaa;

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Rep looks fine the way it is. I just think it should have a tooltip that shows you the numbers when you hover over the rep bar.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Rep looks fine the way it is. I just think it should have a tooltip that shows you the numbers when you hover over the rep bar.

This is a good idea, we could even do this for XP to show earned vs to next level.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Sorry, Roph ;_; I work on buttons now. My job got in the way. ;9

(I have all the important ones done and just need to get to the weird ones)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Why no date on the post? Even a small d/m/y would suffice, hard to tell if something was posted yesterday or 30 days ago cause there's only time on there.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Also I noticed since the online shows buddy list again we should have it in the profile again thank you

Rep:
Level 98
Also why is there a white outline around the exp/rep bars

edit: so I don't make a fourth post it makes you kind of look like a youtube video, like Malson's is the approval rating on a shitty music video

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
People with 0 rep get numbers (Rep: +0/-0) but people with not 0 rep get a bar. It's nothing, but it's weird.
I still don't like rep bars.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Also why is there a white outline around the exp/rep bars

edit: so I don't make a fourth post it makes you kind of look like a youtube video, like Malson's is the approval rating on a shitty music video

My original idea was to do sort of 'rankings' where your net rep score netted you an honor title, a la MMORPGs.  So your 'rep' would level or delevel based on if your rep was positive or negative.  Roph liked the youtube idea better though.

The white outline is there for visual separation.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award

They act the same as youtube's like/dislike bar =o

This is coming, along with user number & post count on the exp bar :D

Why no date on the post? Even a small d/m/y would suffice, hard to tell if something was posted yesterday or 30 days ago cause there's only time on there.

That one is contextual. As posts get older:

8:36PM - Today, time
  Yesterday, 12:04 AM
    Tuesday, 8:50 PM - Same week, day and time
      Feb 12, 2007 - Years ago, just give a date
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:28:14 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Would it be possible to make the "new post" icon stand out more? I have trouble telling it from the "no new posts" icon.

To clarify, the triangle doodads.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:38:25 AM by Lord Eddard Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Dates don't show on PMs with multiple recipients. I'm not even sure if all the recipients show.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Would it be possible to make the "new post" icon stand out more? I have trouble telling it from the "no new posts" icon.

To clarify, the triangle doodads.

Are you colorblind?
( note this is just for knowing how to solve the problem, it's fine if you are! )

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Slightly. I have trouble seeing pinks and purples. Most light shades purples/pinks look gray to me. I can tell the different if I look closely.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
I think that could be solved by having the lit up one go from darker colors in the bottom left to lighter colors in the top right instead of being a palette swap of the no new replies one.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Ehh I gotta say, I prefer RMRK5 a whole lot more. Maybe once it's finalized and there's a dark version I'll like it more and use it, but as of now it isn't all that appealing to me.

Also I noticed since the online shows buddy list again we should have it in the profile again thank you

This and profile comments should come back.
:tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Slightly. I have trouble seeing pinks and purples. Most light shades purples/pinks look gray to me. I can tell the different if I look closely.

Yeah it's a purple color, I'm sure we can do something about it.

This and profile comments should come back.

I AGREE.