RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Vampires' Dawn III

pokeball VD3Offline
Rep: +0/-0Level 39
Vampire (1st Generation)

1 year ago the old man Gonrad told his grandchild Simon the 2nd part of the "Vampires' Dawn" story about the 3 vampires Valnar, Alaine and Asgar, a story, that he once dreamed. It wasn't real, still it inspired Simon a lot to start training sword fighting.
One day Simon along with his adopted "sister" Virginia finds a statue. Inadvertantly they unleash a creature that attacks them. They were beaten down in a bloody fight and the creature transforms into a bat and kills every inhabitant. Simon and Erwin, Virginia's boyfriend, manage to escape while Virginia herself is kidnapped by the creature.

So was Gonrad's story just a dream or do vampires really exist? In addition to that Simon recognizes some changes of his body... Suddenly he needs no more glasses and has rage attacks from time to time. What is going on?

Simon is a 16 year old kid who always loved the vampire stories of his grandpa Gonrad. That's why he started training. One day he wants to become a great and famous adventurer and hero. Unfortunately Simon is quite a dork who is extremely untalented in fighting.

More stuff coming soon. Stay tuned...

The first thing that will be released is a video of the intro. When chapter 1 (out of 7) is done there will be a trailer as well as a limited download of the first chapter.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:09:51 PM by VD3 »

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Looking good so far...
But I would (seeing your screenshots that is) NEVER use street language in a game. Just use correct English, seeing the character and what he says it's easy to understand that he's probably speaking street language...

Also, Commercial games are allowed but if you use any scripts you haven't made yourself you need to follow their instructions on commercial games...

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

pokeball VD3Offline
Vampire (1st Generation)
Don't worry, I won't need any scripts. Event codes are more than enough to make a good game. :)
Also just ignore the hint with that commercial stuff, because all English versions (even the full game) will be for free.

About the "street language" (guess you refer to the "inn"-screen):
That guy is intended to be some self-proclaimed cool dude who annoys the player so that you just want to tear up his ass (comparable to Jar Jar Binks who also talks in some retarded language). However I haven't written his dialogues yet, so that aspect is not fix yet. ;)

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Don't worry, I won't need any scripts. Event codes are more than enough to make a good game. :)
Also just ignore the hint with that commercial stuff, because all English versions (even the full game) will be for free.

About the "street language" (guess you refer to the "inn"-screen):
That guy is intended to be some self-proclaimed cool dude who annoys the player so that you just want to tear up his ass (comparable to Jar Jar Binks who also talks in some retarded language). However I haven't written his dialogues yet, so that aspect is not fix yet. ;)
If it's intended to be this one really annoying character speaking that way and the other characters do speak proper English, it won't be a problem... I just thought you were to use that type of speech throughout the entire game, then I would suggest a fix ;)

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
As long as the vampires don't sparkle and there isn't a bored-looking girl who throws random fits, I say continue.
:tinysmile:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant

pokeball VD3Offline
Vampire (1st Generation)
I see no reason why vampires should sparkle...   ???

Here're two more screenshots. Some criminal agency tries to steal Simon and Virginia off their money:

This is the bureau of that maffia from the inside:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I like the art. Your battlers have a style I like, one that was prevalent in a lot of the art I enjoyed in the 90's when I was growing up. Good work there, I was a Goth back in my youth (and kind of still am) and the art and colour is a good combination.

Many of your gothy scenes have red, black and white as predominant colours; personally I enjoy that colour combination- perhaps I'm biased, but they are my favourite colours.

I have to wonder, however, why the enemy in the screenshot is wearing a loincloth. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason, but I would have chosen a different shot for the thread.

I find the title confusing, though. Vampires are typically hurt by sunlight and the use of the word Dawn makes me wonder what's going on. It makes me think that vampires in your mythology are unharmed by sunlight, and that turns me off. Of course, I could be wrong, and it DOES make me want to play the game just to see.

Also, the title's initials are VD, which means venereal disease in modern medicine. Although that is a fine point, and probably one you won't want to change given that this is the third installment of the series, be aware that some people may have fun at your expense for the title.

Finally, I have to ask where the first two installments are. If this is III, what happened to I and II?

Overall, though, this is a project that appears viable- by that I mean, looks like it's worth playing. I look forward to seeing where this is going.

pokeball VD3Offline
Vampire (1st Generation)
The first two installments have been released about 10 years ago. They are not available in English, though. (I heard some guys are translating them, but that was ages ago, so better not bank on it.). Also they are quite crappy (poor graphic mixes, lots of random fights and grinding, endless boring dungeons, ...). I don't want anyone to play them. The good thing is, that, at the end of VD2, it is revealed that all the events in part 1 and 2 were just a dream and so never happened. Therefore you don't need to know about them. However I will give you a short summary in the prologue of VD3. Just for the ones who are afraid they would miss anything.

I have to wonder, however, why the enemy in the screenshot is wearing a loincloth
Let one guy from my game give you the answer:

That's the reason! It is a Neanderthal. That species wore loincloths.

It makes me think that vampires in your mythology are unharmed by sunlight
Some are, some are not. It depends on their generation. The 1st generation is the strongest. The ones, they bite, become the 2nd generation which is a little bit weaker, and so on...
However, the word "dawn" just means something like "rising". It does not really have something to do with sunlight.

About the letters "VD" I don't know. Haven't heard of them before.

I was a Goth back in my youth
:tpg:

pokeball VD3Offline
Vampire (1st Generation)
Hi, guise.  ;D

<-- back with a new screenie:

btw.: I miss the old style of this forum...  :(

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
btw.: I miss the old style of this forum...  :(

You can still use the old theme. *click*
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know