RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] 30 Days of Art Improvement Challenge

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
There's a music challenge going on, so I thought there might as well be a challenge for the artists too.

30 Days of Art Improvement Challenge

Spoiler for:
Code: [Select]
    1.Self-Portrait - Introduce yourself
    2.Draw a figure using a reference - link to reference
    3.Draw a figure that’s in action, using a reference - link to reference
    4.Draw a part of the human anatomy you have trouble with. x20, with atleast 5 being skeletal/musculature studies.
    5.Draw more figures. Quick gestures and silhouettes. x20, with atleast 10 different body shapes
    6.Let’s have some fun. Design a character from this character generator. (created by PreservedCucumbers)
    7.Pick the weirdest object in your house/room. Draw it. Shadows and Highlights.
    8.Find 2-3 objects, make a scene with them. Draw it. Bonus points for creativity. Double points for dramatic lighting.
    9.Draw a landscape of a place you’ve never been or drawn.
    10.Draw a BG with 1pt Perspective. Negative points if it’s a railroad or an empty street.
    11.Draw a BG with 2pt Perspective.
    12.Look out a window. Draw what you see. Bonus points for adding something interesting.
    13.Draw an interior setting with the character you designed on Day #6 in it.
    14.BG with either bird’s eye or worm’s eye view.
    15.Halfway there! Draw three ‘action’ scenes with different compositions in each. Quick sketches are fine, just make them interesting and understandable! Bonus points if it’s the same scene, but different composition.
    16.Draw a single page comic with 5-7 panels (the story begins and ends on one page).
    17.Draw an animal you’ve never drawn before. x10  Link references.
    18.Draw a car. Negative points for whining. Hint: Use a perspective grid.
    19.Think of the thing you hate drawing the most. Guess what? Draw it! Negative points for lying to yourself.
    20.Pick an object in your house/room. Now design a character from it, using the shapes, forms, textures, purpose and colors as inspiration. Also link/post the object you used. Negative points for using a humanoid action figure.
    21.Draw a character/object/scene, and shade them using ONLY solid blacks and whites. Bonus points for good use of lights/shadows
    22.Draw a different object/scene/character. Shade using hatching, crosshatcing, and/or pointillism. Bonus points for lights/shadows and textures.
    23.Colors! Pick a color palette, and paint a scene/character/object using only those colors (some blending allowed). Bonus points for good use of lights/shadows.
    24.Draw and color a scene/object/character - no lines allowed! (aka - lineless art). Don’t forget light and shadows!
    25.Draw a scene/character in a style you’ve never drawn before. If emulating an artist, credit+link. Bonus for color style.
    26.Draw a character. Draw 10 emotions/expressions. Bonus points for ‘uncommon’ emotions. (i.e. anxiety, guilt, despair, loneliness etc.)
    27.Draw three random shapes using your opposite hand (or your foot). Now design characters from those shapes.
    28.Turn on the tv (or load your illegally downloaded movies). Pick an actor and draw them.
    29.Almost done! Let’s have some fun. Draw some fanart. Bonus points if it’s super obscure and unknown. Make people guess what it’s from.
    30.Last day! Find a drawing you did within the last year. Now draw it again using what you’ve learned! Link it for comparison!

Start on the 1st, or start whenever you like. Just make sure to do it every day!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:00:44 PM by boe »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
What the hell?  Some of these look boring but I'll do it.

Spoiler for "6/30 complete":
#1 Selfie : Introduction
#2 Figure with Reference : Figure (Reference)
#3 Actiony Figure with Reference : Figure (Reference)
#4 Anatomy Trouble : Hands Suck ( I dunno how to do musclular/skeletal references )
#5 Quick Actiony Stuff : Flurry of Feet
#6 Design a Character : Scarlett | Source @ Tumblr ( Medium Built, Young Human Female, Horns, Street Clothes )
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 07:08:40 PM by tSwitch »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Very interesting. I probably won't do it now, but I'm saving this list for future use.
:tinysmile:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
So hey, laptop battery died a minute ago. Guess who worked on a self portrait for 3 hours and completely forgot to save. :tpg:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Jesus Saves.

I'll be getting started on this when I get home in a week.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

I think I'm going to do the second one next because I don't want to do another self portrait. :<

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Okay, I was in a little bit of a slump after losing my work, but I did finally sketch a figure for number 2.

Spoiler for:

Reference

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Baaaagh, gotta get a deviantArt membership...

*typetypetype*     *Clicky click*

Okay. Yes, well done!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
wait, deviantart won't let you view stuff without a membership now? that's really lame :/

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Looks like it's a personal setting of the artist. I can't view other stuff on there no problem.

Plus well done Acolyte.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Spoiler for:

Got a bit lazy so the other hand isn't finished.:S
Reference

So uh, am I going this alone then?  :(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:48:27 AM by Acolyte »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I wanted to join, but...stuff been happenin'. Haven't quite had the time. ;9

I'm with you in spirit! (If I get bored, maybe I'll jump in a do a couple of these). :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
So uh, am I going this alone then?  :(

I was on vacation for a week, so I can get up on this now ;0

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Double post because I'm an admin and I can.

#1 Selfie : Introduction

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
#2 Figure with Reference : Figure (Reference)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
#3 Actiony Figure with Reference : Figure (Reference)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Good job!
I should have my hands finished for tomorrow.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I didn't post this yesterday, but I did do it yesterday.

#4 Anatomy Trouble : Hands Suck ( I dunno how to do musclular/skeletal references )

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I dunno if I got 10 different body types in, I didn't bother to count.  They said quick gestures so I didn't let myself stick too long on any of them, but I do know the actions I was trying to do.

#5 Quick Actiony Stuff : Flurry of Feet

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I'll need to remember to check up on this when I'm home. WOrk computer has all kinds of filters and other stupidness.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
#6 Design a Character : Scarlett | Source @ Tumblr ( Medium Built, Young Human Female, Horns, Street Clothes )

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Well, there were three others besides this, but my computer shut off again. Fully charged. Plugged in. No fucking rhyme or reason whatsoever. Guess I'm gonna just ctrl+s every five seconds because my laptop is a piece of complete garbage now apparently.

Spoiler for:

There was even a muscular study in there that I was super proud of. ;___;

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Not bad Acolyte!

I missed mine today because I'm a little fucked up right now, I'll get back on it when I recover.