RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA]Cursed Forest

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11

A classic RPG-type game with a mysterious, mystical and somewhat frightening setting.
Development time: 3hrs

Story and Setting:
Ilumi Forest
Ilumi Forest is a majestical forest that stretches, well, pretty much all around the world. Only Town of Castles isn't covered by trees, grass and flowers.
You live in Mijer, a small town deep in the forest. People have built homes in trees and stumps there... Don't know what else to think of at the moment. It's still a very early project file.

Spoiler for Story:
You are playing as Cypher. You're a young and vivid boy living in a small town somewhere deep in Ilumi Forest. Ever since you can remember Ilumi forest has been natures prize winner on beauty. But there's something growing in the heart of the forest, something evil though mystically calming. It so appears that the forest had gotten cursed and the curse is spreading fast. Ever since you sister ran of, you've had this terrible feeling something was wrong from the moment she woke up that morning!! It's your job to find your sister and bring her home.

And while your on the job, try to figure out what the curse, your missing sister and the appearance of vicious beasts have to do with each other...

Time calculation:
Throughout the game there will be spoken of moons. The world of Ilumi is always in sunlight. Only once every 853 days, there's one night and their precious moon will be visible for once. They do not count in years, months and weeks since they don't have any days. The people of Ilumi Forest count in Shadow-hours. What we call night is for them a couple of hours in a mild shade. It's the point where the planet still gets the light from their sun but only half of the usual light.

Characters:
(Faces will change over time, names and personality will stay same...)
Spoiler for Chypher:

A young boy of 9 moons, who is protective of animals and his little sister. He does however senses when something is wrong. His little sister is the only one he has left. But when she decides to leave, he's concerned and alone.
Spoiler for Ceana:

At the age of 7 moons, she decides it's time to head of... That's what she last said to Cypher and he thought she'd be back in merly two days.

Screenshots and Features:
Spoiler for Screenshots:
Very early mapping skills........ It's in parallax mapping and I'm still getting used to it, they will change!!

Spoiler for Features:
These scripts are implemented allready:
- Custom menu based on one character
- Parallax Mapping
- Quest log
- Monster Catalog
- Reflections (though, I still need to figure that one out!!)

Still in mind for implementing and considering whether needed or not... (scripts)
- Morality
- Whatever I might think of...

Other features:
- Custom graphics (WIP) (Cartoon-ish or Manga-ish)
- Custom Music (WIP)
- Whatever else I'm going to think of...

Thanks and Credits:
Spoiler for Thanks:
Thanks to, well, nobody right now since I've done it all by myself so far...
Spoiler for Credits:
- Yanfly -
- Modern Algebra -
- Zylos -
- TDS -
- DoctorTodd -

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!: