RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] From The Lake - AVAILABLE NOW

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Lots of technical difficulties :mad:

This should suffice for now, though. Also what the heck, Soundcloud really downgrades sound quality by a fairly significant amount. Never noticed before, somehow.

Alternate dropbox link for higher quality
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:49:02 PM by haloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile:

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
That track is really growing on me. I'm looking forward to this album so much

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Thanks, that means a lot. I'm working hard to make this as good as possiblé

Rep:
Level 97
As with everything, there was a delay with the art before. I would estimate that it will be done after the project is released, but still too soon to tell. He did start sketching out some ideas today, though. I'm not going to be sharing art like I have with music here, but I did want to share the rough pen drawing he did of the Fat Man:

We decided to go in a weird direction.  :gracie:

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
whoa that man is  S C A R Y
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
That direction sure is looking eye catching. That Rough sketch looks good. Kinda interest on what the end product might look like for sure.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Also what the heck, Soundcloud really downgrades sound quality by a fairly significant amount. Never noticed before, somehow.

I know I'm a bit late on this (not just this specific post, but the project as a whole), but:

• Soundcloud transcodes audio to 128kbps for streaming purposes. The loss in quality can be mitigated by uploading at 320kbps, preferably dithered/noise-shaped twice with complementary encoding, or by uploading a lossless format and just waiting it out when your upload time nearly doubles. The rest depends on your mix/master--a few questions to consider:
    -how are you controlling your dynamics (both on individual tracks and the 2bus)?
    -have you left adequate headroom?
    -how are your levels - what kinds of meters have you been using to monitor them?
    -how is your imaging: is it spatially or spectrally congested?
    There are also things to consider during tracking to improve your recording quality: AD/DA conversion if applicable, gain staging, mic technique, phase alignment, room mode, even the quality of your cables, among other things...
  • If you need any mix engineering, mastering, or additional production, let me know; [assuming you're not working on tape] I'd be happy to offer my services. I do this shit professionally now (and I'm usually not cheap, but you're cool and this project is awesome, so we'll call it pro bono :D)

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:28:53 PM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 97
Any help would be beyond appreciated! I'll send you a PM tomorrow so I don't have to spend 3 hours typing a message on a freaking Wii U

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
3 hours typing a message on a freaking Wii U
That's such a unique way to suffer for your art though  :V

Rep:
Level 97
:V

Also, since I'm here anyway, for the sake of everyone else I'll let you guys know that the last recording session is the first weekend of August. After that, it's just a matter of getting everything sounding as good as possible and then into your ears. The art may be delayed a bit, but other than that everything is just about done and ready to go.

My goal is to have this complete and ready for you by the end of August, but as usual, that's just a personal goal and it might not happen. But stay tuned because we're finally in the home stretch!

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
After that, it's just a matter of getting everything sounding as good as possible and then into your ears.
...and then the whole team watches the award nominations come pouring in  ;8

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
Also what the heck, Soundcloud really downgrades sound quality by a fairly significant amount. Never noticed before, somehow.

I know I'm a bit late on this (not just this specific post, but the project as a whole), but:

• Soundcloud transcodes audio to 128kbps for streaming purposes. The loss in quality can be mitigated by uploading at 320kbps, preferably dithered/noise-shaped twice with complementary encoding, or by uploading a lossless format and just waiting it out when your upload time nearly doubles. The rest depends on your mix/master--a few questions to consider:
    -how are you controlling your dynamics (both on individual tracks and the 2bus)?
    -have you left adequate headroom?
    -how are your levels - what kinds of meters have you been using to monitor them?
    -how is your imaging: is it spatially or spectrally congested?
    There are also things to consider during tracking to improve your recording quality: AD/DA conversion if applicable, gain staging, mic technique, phase alignment, room mode, even the quality of your cables, among other things...
  • If you need any mix engineering, mastering, or additional production, let me know; [assuming you're not working on tape] I'd be happy to offer my services. I do this shit professionally now (and I'm usually not cheap, but you're cool and this project is awesome, so we'll call it pro bono :D)
whoa!

Rep:
Level 97

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Halo ;-; ware u been
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio

Rep:
Level 97
I'M SORRY

or

YOU'RE WELCOME

Rep:
Level 97
I believe the last possible release window I had been tossing around was "summer", but that ends in 2 days and you guys know the drill by now - anytime I announce any sort of date for anything it never happens by then. This is what game developers must feel like.

I could actually have From The Lake released by my summer deadline because all recording has been completed but that's not going to happen, because as some of you know and as the rest may have gleaned from the posts above, Dertt is awesome and is doing the mixing and mastering for me! This means it will take a little longer, but it will be worth the wait. What they've sent me so far has sounded amazing and is so much better than what I would have been capable of doing. You shouldn't (hopefully) have to wait much longer, though. I'm not going to give any estimates out because we all know how that goes, so I'll just say a release is right around the corner.

So from this point, everything is mostly in Dertt's hands. (uh... no pressure)  :tinysmile:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Thank you for an update have a nice day.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Good luck, team Halo! ;o;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

Rep:
Level 97
Well it's finally time. From The Lake will release on Tuesday, Nov. 22! Those of you that are donors should receive your advance copy in a couple of hours or so - it's uploading now.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! ^_^ Congrats on finishing this - I'm looking forward to listening to it!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]