RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] From The Lake - AVAILABLE NOW

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
With a trumpet, however, I could easily find someone to do it but much like the bassoon there's not much standout material for it and may not be worth the time. I'll be considering it
Would it really take more time to record a real trumpet than to get a virtual one to sound good? I assumed cost was the main obstacle for real instruments but that it took less time overall, assuming the performer is competent.

Yeah, recording takes longer than you'd think, even with a great musician. Shortest time to finish an instrument so far has been 8 hours @_@

I did some pricing on printing up scorebooks (though I sincerely doubt any of you here are interested in that).

o i thought you were dead my bad

and don't call me princess :mad: (tee hee)
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Tomorrow, or well, today actually after I go to bed and then wake up, is an important day. I'm gonna ask arlen to do electric guitar, I'm going to call someone about the last lead I have for a cellist before resorting to buying solo string samples (which oddly will cost more than hiring a cellist), and I'm going to talk to my friend to commission that artwork I talked about forever ago during the donations time. I haven't forgotten about you, donators!

Plus I'm scheduling some recording sessions with already committed musicians. They want to finish what they have left by the end of February, which is good because that lines up with my timeline goals. Oh, and I'll be renting an alto flute, which kinda sucks because we have access to a free one in a different city, but nowhere to record there, but whatever.

Since pacman cares, I'll just mention getting the scorebook ready is interesting. Fun, yet tedious. Frustrating, yet relaxing. I'm trying to get everything to fit onto 8.5"x12" instead of 11"x17" (I don't know what that is in rest-of-the-world measurements) because I hate 11x17 and this is just meant as a study score little nifty item and that would just be too unwieldy. The problem is getting pages like this to fit on a page without clashing with each other and still be large enough to be readable:

Spoiler for big image:

I think how I have it should work. My test printing was fine, but I'm not sure if that's how it'll work when sent to the printer. Though, they indicate that whatever I send will actually end up looking slightly larger, so then I have to hope that nothing runs off the page :mad: I'll have to talk with them some more.

Also! I found an old tracklist I had ready, which is kinda neat. This was from back when I was planning From The Lake as a rock opera and our story was even more rudimentary than it is currently. I started writing a little before we had a story, and then kept writing as we developed it, coming up with themes and ideas for characters and stuff. But I never titled anything because I didn't know if we'd use it or where it would go in the story or often even what the story was, so for a long time all of the music was referred to by a number.

That obviously got annoying and confusing really fast so I started naming them things based off what we had, or where I imagined the story may go, or just completely random:

1. Pinkerton Overture: A Presentiment
2. Dearly Beloved
3. Just Like Yesterday
4. Catastrophe's Lament
5. Cascades
6. Where There's Tigers
7. Lovely Seconds
8. Across the Lake
9. Subversion
10. A Moment of Silence
11. I've Missed You
12. From The Heavens To The Lake

Obviously, a few of those titles stuck. "Cascades" became "As the Cacophony Grows". "Subversion" became "The Fat Man's Dance, 'Subversion'". "From the Heavens to the Lake" simply became "Finale and Reprise". "Where There's Tigers" became the title for something completely different. That's 6 tracks I ended up not using, for various reasons, though I know you're going to end up hearing at least some of them in some form in the future...

#howexciting

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
#howexciting
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

Rep:
Level 97
Spoiler for big image:

brb stealing your ideas

:ono:

how could I forget to put a copyright on every page :sadmoonfacefromthatthreadss:

Spoiler for:
lol just noticed E# in trumpet part

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I don't have anything to say but I want you to know that I read your post and I liked it

Good luck!

Rep:
Level 97
arlen: hasn't responded yet tentatively doing electric guitar
cellist: couldn't talk, calling tomorrow
other musicians: scheduled (starting on the 17th)
artwork: artist hired
alto flute: dumb and forgot stores close at 5, calling tomorrow
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:44:26 AM by haloOfTheSun »

Rep:
Level 97
Most excited about alto flute. Alto flutes are coooooool man. 8)

Rep:
Level 97
Won't be renting an alto flute :sadmoonfacefromthatthread:

The only places we can find to rent one has a 3 month minimum to rent, with $60 per month, shipping costs, $250+ deposit, and other fees. Waaay too much money for something that, while cooooooool, is of little significance and only appears in a very small amount of the music. Dang.

Scorebooks are probably going to have to wait until later in the year, after I've already released the music and everything. The whole thing is over 360 pages (!) and the minimum cost for that I can find, while still being a quality that is actually worth the effort, is at least $400. That's actually not much more expensive than I thought it would be, but we've got some unexpected expenses that have come up, like the car needs new tires and stuff like that. So, you know, be a responsible adult or get some books printed of interest to only few people when I could just do it later. Hm...

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
:sadmoonfacefromthatthreads:

It's OK, everything still sounds cooooooool. B)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
I might have spoke/posted too soon, I have an idea to possibly get my hands on one, so we'll see. Also got some potential other good news today, but I'm not gonna say anything until I'm a bit more sure. Fingers crossed, this is huge!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I have an idea to possibly get my hands on one, so we'll see

Rep:
Level 97
DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THAT POST

IN FACT DON'T READ IT

EVERYONE IGNORE THE IROCK

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
IGNORING THE IROCK NOW

LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I CAN'T HEAR YOU

(uh oh...but I can see your posts ._.)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
DON'T PLUG YOUR EARS PLUG YOUR EYES

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
HELP I CAN'T SEE NOW
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Dang, I didn't realize it had already been so long since I posted.

Good news: From The Lake is nearing completion! Recording is about 95% done.

Bad news: Recording won't be finished until at least May, possibly as late as July :(

Good news: That's not so bad though when you consider this has been going on for years

I was hoping that I would be posting here to announce a release date of next month, so that's how off-track things have gotten. But it can't be avoided and that's just the nature of working with lots of people. To make up for it, I'll be posting another demo soon, both as compensation and as a means to show that the sound quality (hopefully) isn't as garbage as that Dearly Beloved demo I posted back in August. Right now I'm waiting on arlen's tracks which he's supposed to send to me this week, so keep a look out for that.

There are other potential good and bad developments, but everything is kind of up in the air right now and I don't want to speak too soon. But the main thing to take away here is that the finished result is coming. Summer 2016

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
What she said o.o

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ALSO YAY!!!! ^_^
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Receiving the arlen tracks now, they are great and he is great. I'm trying to figure out now how to fit guitars into an already full mix, so once I do that adequately enough I'll post another sneak peek to get your boners going (hopefully). I want to have it posted before Friday, but I'm not sure I'll be able to manage. I'm going to have my son from Friday until the 10th, so if I don't get it done before he gets here, it probably won't show up until mid April.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88