RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Looking for map designer for "A Journey Too Kind"

Rep: +0/-0Level 52
Wannabe Genius
Greetings everyone!

I'm looking for a mapper (aka map designer) who can help me with my game project A Journey Too Kind.

I've been working on it occasionally ever since Summer, and I've finished the story, combat system, gameplay features and overall layout. All that's left is to create the maps, set up the battles and database and other events and I'm done.
Unfortunately, map design is NOT my best strength. Like, I tried to make maps, but I always end up not giving them enough details/objects so it feels lively. To put it another way, I'm more of a geometry/architect guy, but I have no sense for art.

However, I can't stall the game's progress just because I feel unmotivated of the map design. To speed things up, I'm looking for someone who would like to help me out with the maps.
Related to that, if someone is good at finding resources, that would be even better. Finding suitable map graphics isn't as bad as map design, but still one of my weaker points. So if someone can help me with that as well, that would be great.

Rep: +0/-0Level 52
Wannabe Genius
I humbly bump this post, as I'm still working on the game, but STILL suck at map design.

I've made some progress since last time, even found a few people to help out. The game is totally ready to be finished, if only a map designer can help us out.