RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Judge this book by its Cover please

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Trying to get it down.

How does this look for a front, spine, and back?

Spoiler for:
Original Post
Spoiler for:
I warned you. But you clicked on this anyways.

It's pixelated because of nanowrimo's restriction to novel cover size. I blew it up a bit so you could see it.

I'm just trying to make a placeholder really, but even THIS is bad enough to warrant me wanting a better cover placeholder.

I like the broken sword idea (ripped from skyrim) but am open to ANY other suggestion of background, text, etc.

Help!

I want you to judge these books on their cover. Do they look dumb? Would you pick it up to read what is on the back of it? Do they look professional or lame?

Let me know!

Old Defiance Cover
Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:02:26 PM by boe »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Hi. Here, have a mock up type thing.

I think this would look cool with the proper touch.
Edit: Oops, forgot the d. What'evs it's a mock up.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I now have a pen name!  Thanks Cuttershy.

Ignoring my own advice, I found this one deviant art. 

Still unsure about the font.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:08:37 AM by bluntsword »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
I like that!

Not sure if I'm wanting generic fantasy cover, unusual fantasy cover, or illustrated cover.

Hmm.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:09:44 AM by bluntsword »

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Warning, giant pics on the first post. What do you think?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
They remind me of the land paintings on Magic: The Gathering cards. Thumbs up from me.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I really like the first and third one.
The second is kinda boring.
I'd pick them up and give'em a read.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Edited Defiance. Better or worse?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Cool. Thanks.

The art is coming from this guy. I've got his permission to use for an ebook (should I make it through NaNoWriMo alive).

I'm really digging his style.

http://frankhong.deviantart.com

Rep:
Level 96
Yes, those are awesome.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Trying to finalize this sucka.

What do you think?

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
If I'm going to judge a book by it's cover, this is probably a book I'd be interested in. It looks to me like there's going to be a lot more happening than just this one main character having things happen to them. That in of itself is enough to interest me.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3