RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Act of Terror: Season 1 (a 24 Fangame)

Rep:
Level 40
The new german member
Act of Terror
Season 1

This is a translation of one of my german RPG Maker Games, so please be kind, if you find any translation mistakes. Report the mistakes here and I will fix it quickly.

Preface:
Act of Terror is a short action thriller and a tribute to the great show "24".
The game is set in six hours of a day in the life of Jack, from 11:00 A.M. till 5:00 P.M.
I've tried to make the gameplay exciting and rich in variety.
I've also launched a new homepage for the Act of Terror Series. Check it out here: http://24gameseries.de.tl/

Description:
Feel the terror. Are you able to prevent the terrorist attacks and catch the instigators before the time runs out?
You only have six hours to fend off the greatest catastrophe in human history.

An undercover agent who operates out of a terrorist group called 'Red State', reported a planned nerve gas attack within the next hour. The clock is ticking...

Gameplay:
The Gameplay alternates between preventing terror attacks in time, Shootouts (ABS), Melee-Fights, car chases, interrogations and uncovering a conspiracy.

Characters:

Jack
Special Agent, very well trained and the first choice when it comes to delicate operations. Acts professionally, but ruthless.

Toni
Jack's partner and one of his closest friends.

Bill
Leader of the anti-terrorist unit.

Chloe
The woman for any eventuality. Has a rather odd way, but is a genius when it comes to technical know-how.

The characters are all known from the show "24".

Controls:
Arrow-Keys: Move
Shift: Move faster
A: Melee
S: Shoot
D: Direction Fix ON/OFF
Q: Use radio

I've added the Direction Fix Key (D) for accurate aiming, so you can also move side- and backwards while shooting.

Download (without RTP)

Screenshots:

Have Fun! :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:59:55 PM by freezing_rain »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Nice. Good luck with this!

Rep:
Level 40
The new german member
Hey guys!
Why is this topic still not moved to the main projects board? Anyway...
I've just updated the game with three choosable difficulties, cause it seems like the game was a bit too difficult for a few people... :)
I'm currently working on Season 2 with RMVX Ace, so stay tuned. :D

I've also started a new homepage for my 24 Fangame Series! Take a look at it here: 24gameseries.de.tl

Let me know, if and where you get stuck in the game or if it's still too difficult for you. That helps me to improve it. Thanks for playing! :)