RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Attack on Titan

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Again, not a spoiler, but some people like to know NOTHING of a show before going into it.
Spoiler for:
I'm still a bit confused on when this is all supposed to be happening. The first episode is called "To You, in 2000 Years". So, to us 2000 years in the future would be around 4010, but they never show any technology. I don't understand how it could have been wiped so completely from the world. No computers or cars.

The tech they've shown looks pre-industrial revolution at most. They've shown muskets and some steam stuff... idk.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
So this most recent episode...didn't have a lot happening...but the ending rocked. And it set up a lot of room for characters to build later! I'm excited.

Spoiler for WARNING DEAD GIVEAWAY PLOT INFORMATION AHEAD PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION RED ALERT DANGER DANGER:
ANNIE ARE YOU OKAY
ARE YOU OKAY
ARE YOU OKAY ANNIE
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:04:59 PM by Malson »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Aaaaahaahha I love that gif.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Oh jeez.

Also, hey, I realize we're all on board with this show and all, but watch it with the spoilers. Some of us may be an episode behind, just by a few days.

Even if it's a joke, Sword, if you say something like that I'm gonna realize there's a reason you said it.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
FUCKING CLIFFHANGERS. That's all I'll say.

Oh, and the ways this show draws eyes in those intense dialogue scenes gives me chills.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Again, not a spoiler, but some people like to know NOTHING of a show before going into it.
Spoiler for:
I'm still a bit confused on when this is all supposed to be happening. The first episode is called "To You, in 2000 Years". So, to us 2000 years in the future would be around 4010, but they never show any technology. I don't understand how it could have been wiped so completely from the world. No computers or cars.

The tech they've shown looks pre-industrial revolution at most. They've shown muskets and some steam stuff... idk.

ACTUAL PLOT SPOILER EXPLAINING THE SPOILER ABOVE
Spoiler for:
According to the plot, most of the nations of the world got fucked by Titans hardcore, and without the infrastructure to maintain our technology we would have reverted to older methods.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
I just said to myself "Alternate Universe" and was done with it.

Rep:
Level 96
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 83
Spoiler for Up to Episode 5:
I just watched the 1st 5 episodes... Really powerful stuff. Also, did not expect the "main" protagonist to just... die. Holy crap.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 12:46:01 PM by Sexbeast Arlen »

Rep:
Level 96
Spoiler for Up to Episode 5:
I know, it's such a shock. Like, you spend all this time building him up and then ... BAM, he's gone.

Rep:
Level 83
Spoiler for Up to Episode 8:
What the fuck? Didn't this guy die? I don't even...
This series is really good.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
For those of you who just saw the season finale, watch until the very last second. There's a surprise at the end.

Rep:
Level 96
I seen't it.

Season finale, eh? Does that mean the next episode won't be next week?

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Nope, apparently It'l continue in 2015

Rep:
Level 96
Uninterrupted, though? Like a new episode every week?

Rep:
Level 97
If it's in 2015 yes, I also heard about them starting up in April

Rep:
Level 96
Auuuuugh.

How am I going to wait that fucking long.

Rep:
Level 83
Man, up to 24, and... I really like it :)
Spoiler for Speculation time?:
Possible identities for the Armored / Colossal Titan? 
Some of my friends seem to think Erwin and Ymir are going to be revealed as Titans.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Man, up to 24, and... I really like it :)
Spoiler for Speculation time?:
Possible identities for the Armored / Colossal Titan? 
Some of my friends seem to think Erwin and Ymir are going to be revealed as Titans.

DON'T CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO READ POSSIBLE SPOILERS IF I'M RIGHT
Spoiler for:
THIS IS A HUGE SPOILER AND A BIT OF A THEORY OF MINE ABOUT THE ARMORED AND COLOSSAL TITANS.  YOUR FINAL WARNING.  IT WILL SPOIL FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN UP TO EPISODE 23.
Spoiler for:
This is the 2nd opening sequence for Attack on Titan.
Watch it until around timestamp 0:26

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g19iSKyiO0w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g19iSKyiO0w</a>

Now, the important bit here is 0:19 through to 0:26

Note how it is going through the entire cast of main characters.  at 0:25 you see Annie turning around to face the rest of the cast head on, like she's in conflict with them.

Notice that two other characters, right before her, are beginning to turn just the same, while everyone else is looking to the left side of the screen directly.  They're looking from the corner of their eyes as they turn, their motion merging into, ultimately, Annie's own turn.

I think that this is an intentional teaser.  We know that Annie is the female titan and she is now in direct conflict with the cast, however the Colossal and Armored titans are not revealed, and currently not in direct contact, so they're not facing opposite/in contention with the cast yet, they're simply getting ready to turn.

An animated representation of the face-heel turn, as it were.

In short, I think Bertholdt Fubar is the Colossal Titan and Reiner Braun is the Armored Titan.  Or vice versa.  I'm going based on how Reiner has blond hair and the Armored Titan had white/blond hair.

What we should be asking though is: ( more possible spoilers if you haven't seen #13 forward )
Spoiler for:
Why did they wait 5 years after breaking the first wall?  Why did they feel the need to infiltrate the army and the military police?

One could argue that Wall Maria didn't necessitate infiltration, as "common folk" running from Titans wouldn't be out of place.  However, during the Wall Rose incident, it would be more heavily guarded, so people wearing the emblem and uniform of the armed forces would be able to blend in after transforming and breaking doors in.

Why did they let him block the wall with something as inconsequential as a boulder?  Could the Colossal Titan not have smashed it down again?

Why couldn't the Colossal Titan just go on an insane rampage?  Why just kick in a door and call it a day?

Also...why didn't the Armored Titan show up?

Is it because Eren did?  If so, why is he so important to them or their plan?  Is he that much of a possible ally or hinderance?

If he is, that implies that there is some actual questionable motivation behind the group running the titan infiltrations.  This also implies that there is something wrong with the government itself, if there are people willing to sacrifice thousands upon thousands of lives to the titans in order to bring it down.

Of course it could also just be that it's some failed experimental weapons system that worked a little too well, mutated the weaponized humans into titans, and the Armored, Female, Colossal, and "Eren" titans are simply the fully refined form of this weapon, and those in charge just want to wipe us all out.

But that would be really boring.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:31:49 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
One could always read the Manga, The anime won't catch up for a while.

Rep:
Level 96
Could, but they're different. I don't want to relive the dissonance of the Harry Potter franchise.

Rep:
Level 83
Could, but they're different. I don't want to relive the dissonance of the Harry Potter franchise.
I used to say that differences between various mangas and their adaptions were minute, but then I watched/read Soul Eater... Guess it really just depends on the people adapting it.

@Nam
I asked myself that when watching the shows.
Spoiler for Nam's speculation:
Well Eren's father is still missing, and the flash back Eren had really does point to the whole "experimented on" theory. His father traveled around a lot as well so...
As far as Titans originally being weaponized humans, I can see where you'd be going with that, but I hope that's not the direction they are going... I just think it'd be boring and uninspired, but that's just me.
The intelligent Titans definitely have different motivations other then wiping out humanity. Just the Colossal Titan and the Armored Titan could cause enough damage to ensure humanity had no chance, but they haven't.
I also think that they want Eren to join them. As seen with his battle with Annie, she realized that he lost control, and she did try to take him with her. Maybe they want to try to train him to be an ally, and failing that, setting lose another power Titan, one with no control, could provide a good distraction for them.

I hope that all made sense, as I am exhausted from work, and my "brain-to-words" seems to fail me when exhausted.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
@redyugi
Spoiler for:
It would be really boring, like I said.

As far as the titan powered dudes go, they could literally run roughshod over humanity with nothing to stop them, which implies that annihilating mankind isn't their goal.

Maybe they're using the Titans as a form of distraction.

Thing is, the question of where they came from still stands.

Rep:
Level 83
You did say that? Man... I should just stay off when I'm that tired. XD

Also, what's "everyone's" with Sasha? Out of my friends that watch it, she seems to be their favorite, but she is mostly out of the spotlight, has few lights, and the "only" (to me) memorable incident with her is the potato thing.