RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Skill Ideas for a Thief/Rogue

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Chronically Spontaneous
By default, the Rogue class in VX only has two skills: Life Drain and Mana Drain.
I've added Steal, Mug (which should both be in there as standard) and Backstab to those, but I want more. And I'm stumped.

So this is the part where I ask you to throw some thiefy skills at me, but nothing that would require scripts unless you're going to throw a link at me, too.
All I ask is for a name, general description and approximate level to learn it at, and you get a(nother) credit in my game xD
Spoiler for Current Project:
Chrononauts V: The Time Between Moments
[Working Title]
The first and final game in the epic Chrononauts series

Survived the kraaken and weeaboos. No power at home. Back when I learn to fix the electricity.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
RUN! LV 4~
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Chronically Spontaneous
IT NEEDS A DESCRIPTION!

Oh, wait. That's fine ;P

*adds Run to game*

*EDIT*
Got two more - Remove Buffs and Steal Buffs. They're gonna be pretty high level though, I don't know how to make a common event that targets the selected enemy, so it's affecting every enemy :_;
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:02:17 AM by Space »
[Working Title]

Survived the kraaken and weeaboos. No power at home. Back when I learn to fix the electricity.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
You could have some skills that raise your stats. Raising Agility could be "Evasion". Raising Luck could be "Thief's Luck". Both could be gotten around level 15 or so.

Chronically Spontaneous
No luck in my games - I'd feel a need to make it affect everything, which would wind up being far too much work.
But I'll definitely add evasion, thanks ^_^
[Working Title]

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
"Suckerpunch" or "Knife Throw" possibly?
"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain...."

I would guess theaves to be pretty fast (as they have to be swift) So maybe something that always hits first and on target.  So maybe something like Swift Jab or something?  Nevertheless good luck with your game! ;D

Chronically Spontaneous
Yeah, that sounds good. I'll have to look into setting up move priorities - I haven't paid it much attention so far.
Thanks - the demo's practically ready, it will be sent to my play-testers early next week ^_^

"Suckerpunch" or "Knife Throw" possibly?

I'm already considering putting throwing knives into the game as thief-only items (if I can find a script that allows that), but you have just reminded me of FFVI's Throw skill, which was always fun to use. Maybe I'll try and find a way to include that as well :D

How would Suckerpunch work?
[Working Title]

Keep up the good work, I hope to play the game when it comes out! ;D

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Sneak: (or like Vanish or something) and it can make enemies less likely to attack that unit. Whatever level.

Shadow Strike: A move with high crit chance, since its a sneak attack.

Kill Shot(?): A Normal blow with low chance of causing death. That would have to be learned at a higher level.

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
Suckerpunch would be an unarmed skill that would ignore defense and/or agility and damage the enemy. Basically, an unarmed version of backstab.
"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain...."

Chronically Spontaneous
Sneak: (or like Vanish or something) and it can make enemies less likely to attack that unit. Whatever level.

Shadow Strike: A move with high crit chance, since its a sneak attack.

Kill Shot(?): A Normal blow with low chance of causing death. That would have to be learned at a higher level.

Kill Shot is my backstab, except it's a medium level skill with a 1% chance. I might use that as an upgraded version though.

I'm not sure the other two are possible with the scripts I'm already using, but if they're not I'll definitely look into them.

Suckerpunch would be an unarmed skill that would ignore defense and/or agility and damage the enemy. Basically, an unarmed version of backstab.
As an unarmed skill it wouldn't get much use in my game, I'm not including an option to change weapons in combat. But I might play with an armed version, that I'll have to call something other than backstab :P

RUN! LV 4~

This lets people escape from boss battles! More scripts I've got to find! D:

-------
I think I've got enough skills to be getting on with now, guys. Thanks a lot :3
Don't let that stop you adding more suggestions though, more ideas can only be a good thing.
[Working Title]