RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
PS4 or Xbox One?

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
So with the release of these next gen consoles getting closer ( November this year) I think it's propeer to ask wich one of these consoles you are looking most forward to? Are there any games for these consoles you'r looking forward to?

For me, Im going to say the PS4, for one specific reason: Kingdom Hearts 3.
!

Also, Im not really that impressed with what the Xbox One has to offer so far. But with 3 months left, it's a little to early to say.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
PS4, mostly for the exclusives, the fact that I have a good PC for gaming already, and the fact that I already have an PSN+ account so, you know, PSN games and free shit.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRK2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
PS4. Not XB1 because of reasons already stated and the stuff people have been arguing about for months. I don't enjoy being screwed. I may buy an XB1 after this next gen if there are enough interesting exclusives for it and if Microsoft haven't reversed their reversal of their policies.
:tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
PS4, mostly for the exclusives, the fact that I have a good PC for gaming already, and the fact that I already have an PSN+ account so, you know, PSN games and free shit.

This entirely is my position.  I also have a Vita so I get even more from the Sony platform.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Game Crafting Minor
A PS4, simply for my own sanity and safety. I really disapprove of everything Microsoft tried to do with the XBox One. They failed really hard at E3, and even if they revoked a lot of those errors, I don't trust them with my money.
Plus, the PS4's cheaper.
And Sony's always been good to me.

Rep:
Level 96

This entirely is my position.  I also have a Vita so I get even more from the Sony platform.
God, I want a Vita so bad. I had a pre-owned PSP a while back that I used to play all my virtual PSone games, and it was goddamn glorious. But it was a piece of junk. The battery wouldn't stay connected, and it would randomly shut off (and not save), but it did it so randomly that it was never enough to trade it in, or do something about it, you know? Like, it would do it twice in a day, and I'd be really pissed, and then it wouldn't happen again for 2 months. And then after those 2 months, it would happen again, and then again the next day, and maybe even a third time an hour later. And then it wouldn't happen again for another 2 months.

Eventually, I got mad and broke it, lol.

Seriously want a Vita, though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 07:47:47 PM by Sexbeast Arlen »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRK2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

God, I want a Vita so bad. I had a pre-owned PSP a while back that I used to play all my virtual PSone games, and it was goddamn glorious. But it was a piece of junk. The battery wouldn't stay connected, and it would randomly shut off (and not save), but it did it so randomly that it was never enough to trade it in, or do something about it, you know? Like, it would do it twice in a day, and I'd be really pissed, and then it wouldn't happen again for 2 months. And then after those 2 months, it would happen again, and then again the next day, and maybe even a third time an hour later. And then it wouldn't happen again for another 2 months.

My PSP does that but only if it isn't plugged in.

Also kind of want a Vita but it isn't appealing enough yet for me to get one.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
PS4 by far, at least when we can afford it. Still cheaper than the XBone though.

Rep:
Level 96

My PSP does that but only if it isn't plugged in.

Also kind of want a Vita but it isn't appealing enough yet for me to get one.
The price has dropped considerably, now around, what, $200ish? If it dropped a bit more I would cave and get one, just for the chance to play PSOne/PSN games on the go again, but there's just not enough good PSVita games out to make it really worthwhile.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
There's rumors of a PS4/Vita bundle for $500.

Rep:
Level 97
I'd get that but there's still only like 3 Vita games I'm even remotely interested in.

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
Xbox One, and just for one awesome game: Fallout 4. I've been watching this one since the rumor I heard a year and a half ago. San Fransisco, here I come!  :o
"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain...."

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Probably neither for a while, because I need to save up for a car instead. :P

If I had the choice to get either one (and had the money to spare ;_;), I'd probably go for a PS4. I'm typically an XBOX person, but after all the crap they tried to pull, I don't think I'd trust them either.

Then again, I don't really know the facts of all of that well, I've just heard things and the only confirmation that I had was from a co-worker that works with the gaming department.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
ps4 > foot in mouth bone
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I'm an Xbox person, but with all the crap that happened when the 360 came out (Classic? Pro? Elite?) I DONT WANT TO BUY A SYSTEM A MILLION TIME FOR IT TO ACTUALLY WORK

So long story short, screw them all. If its money they want, they'll have to look elsewhere. I'll just gather games from the older systems and rebel the new ones. :mad:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Xbox One, and just for one awesome game: Fallout 4. I've been watching this one since the rumor I heard a year and a half ago. San Fransisco, here I come!  :o

but fallout is multiplatform .-.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I thought about buying a PS4. ;)
I never thought of buying a Xbox One, because of all the things that they announced for it. >:(
But at the moment I would rather buy parts for my PC, because from now on you need to buy a PlayStation+ Membership to play online on the PS4. ;)
That was a huge plus for the PS3, but now they are both the same for me. I <3 games like Gran Turismo so I would buy a PS4 maybe one time, but from now on, not really. ;) (\s/)

Rep:
Level 84
I won't be getting either. I'd rather spend the money on more/better PC parts. I will be getting a WiiU once the new Smash Bros. comes out though.

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!

but fallout is multiplatform .-.

Yeah, but I remember playing Fallout 3 on both 360 and PS3, and the PS3 version seemed to have alot more bugs. I don't know, maybe the new one will have less bugs for the PS4? Didn't think of that  :blizj:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
It was because of the PS3's architecture. This time there shouldn't be that same problem. Different generation, new problems.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
PS4 because I'm brand loyal. Sony makes all the electronics I use except for my computer, and they all have survived fire, flood and an acrimonious divorce. That says tough to me... and, you know, the exclusives are the games i like to play.

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
It was because of the PS3's architecture. This time there shouldn't be that same problem. Different generation, new problems.
Then I might get a PS4. I'm used to the control layout more than any Xbox controller.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Not looking forward to working the day these get released. Best Buy is going to be a shitstorm.

(Can't be worse than Black Friday, though...)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:03:13 AM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Like The Shadow I'm really looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3.
It's apparently coming both for PS4 and Xbox One so which I choose will depend on my friends.
I definitely won't be a first mover.