RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RTP-Only Challenge!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
So can we use RTP Graphics from a different system? Say I was using VX Ace and I wanted to use some XP Graphics.

For now, we're just sticking with whatever your maker is (aside from everyone being able to use VXA title screens).

Still, I'm really on the fence about this one right now. I can't really think of it being an unfair advantage, but it might make things confusing.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
I don't think recolors should be unless you can use the maker's hue slider, honestly.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I don't think recolors should be unless you can use the maker's hue slider, honestly.

Oh, yeah. Recolors aren't allowed. :( Sorry if I didn't address it sooner for Octavia, I figured some of you answered her question.

I'm not so sure about cozzie's question, though. I don't know if we've done these things in the past (I think we have), and I don't know how we've handled that.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I think we've done this only once, and NAMKCOR's stipulation was that titlescreens were okay, but NOTHING ELSE was to be added. No grabbing resources of any kind from anywhere, with the single exception of a titlescreen so that the games could have some variety in their opening and actually display their title. Then again, this was also for VX when there was only one titlescreen to be used, when in VXA we have multiple options now and can display the title automatically.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
This is true, but at least one bit of personable style should just cap it all together, I would say.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Probably, yeah. Although I'd give more kudos to you if you managed to make an awesome game even still using the default titlescreen or something.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Probably, yeah. Although I'd give more kudos to you if you managed to make an awesome game even still using the default titlescreen or something.
I will try it with the default title screen, because this bit of custom graphics I don't need. :P
So I try to concentrate to the core of the game. ;)

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Event script commands are fair game right? Or is there no scripting at all, RM2K style?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think we've done this only once, and NAMKCOR's stipulation was that titlescreens were okay, but NOTHING ELSE was to be added. No grabbing resources of any kind from anywhere, with the single exception of a titlescreen so that the games could have some variety in their opening and actually display their title. Then again, this was also for VX when there was only one titlescreen to be used, when in VXA we have multiple options now and can display the title automatically.

At this point, I'm inclined to say we do this again. Even with VXAce, it's really frustrating to get the white text to work with most of the backgrounds. And it would kinda add some individuality, at least. :p Fair enough?

Event script commands are fair game right? Or is there no scripting at all, RM2K style?

I don't know how this was done in the past, but I personally have no problem with event script commands. That's ONLY if you're calling to something that's a part of the original editor's scripting, such as calling the scene for loading games or something. Obviously, there's no editing the default scripts, or adding outside scripts. :p

Then again, I don't really know if this adds a significant advantage over people who don't know how to work those things well. I figured out how to call event script commands, and I'm script-challenged.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:39:45 PM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Also, screenshot. =o Your family runs an inn. :p

Hope it looks ok. I tried to make it a little more realistic and have that gritty, medieval feel (except for some of the more modern-looking RTP graphics, but whatever). That flooring was the least weird-looking (not to mention overly bright) stone floor. .-.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98

My one screenshot. I don't want to reveal anything about the game, because I want it to be a new experience.
In game you can check a lot of different items on shelves/etc for a description, and sometimes a hidden item.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I'm not very creative, so I'm going a completely different route.

Spoiler for:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
Runescape: RM Edition

Rep:
Level 96
I was going for Minecraft, but I guess it is closer to Runescape.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
I'm assuming that there's no particular end date, either. Just go and see what happens, however long it takes to happen?

I'll jump in too, if that's the case. It may take a lot longer than the game would even actually last, but I'm back to a busy work schedule again now that I've had my week off (at least until my next week off, which isn't until October).
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm assuming that there's no particular end date, either. Just go and see what happens, however long it takes to happen?

Pretty much :p

Awight. Got 16 total people in the challenge. B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
This is what I have so far:

God I feel so rusty. I haven't used the program for almost a year. :pacman:

Rep:
Level 84
Rubber Shark
Don't you hate it when your party dies and you have to drag their casketed bodies to the nearest revival centre? :D

Dynamic party reordering and graphics changing, without touching any scripts.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wow! Awesome screenshots, guys!! :) I likie!

LOL coffins ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*Feature Spoiler*

I got bored of the typical level-up system, so I killed it. :p If you wanna increase yo stats, you gotta do that through improving your equipment. B)

Since I can't get rid of the "level" display without a little scripting, I decided to put "level" to a different use. Named it "Stage" instead. Each actor can reach up to Stage 3, with every stage upgrading your learned (or starter) spells and some of your skills.

Spoiler for:

Not a complex eventing system, but took quite some time to set up for each actor. B( I decided to keep all the original spells, so they stack up (rather than the upgrades replacing the original spells). Takes up way more room, but I think the player would prefer to have the smaller spells, just in case.

Gonna be a fairly simple game. Each actor can learn whatever skill they want, whatever spell they want, and wear whatever gear they want. They all have small preset stats that determine what they are naturally good at, but whatever. If you want to make Hurl a healer...go for it. >B( Freedom!

Also, using a simple revive system to make the game more challenging, in a sense. If your actors fall in battle, they won't come back until after the battle. No revival items or anything of the like.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:34:52 PM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
Shit, and I thought mine were getting complex. I don't have shit on this.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Whoever is party leader gets the bed. Everyone else has to sleep on the floor. :p

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:37:33 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Did you know you can move events (and players) fractional squares? I did not, until today!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:46:28 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
...I did not know that, but find that to be an invaluable thing to remember for the future!

*makes a big memo to self to remember that little tidbit*