RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RTP-Only Challenge!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o

RTP-Only Challenge!

*No imported resources, scripts, or anything! Not even if you're using the RTP graphics to make the new graphics.
*The only exception to this is Title Screens. You can make your own Title Screen, but that's all.
*Event script calls are allowed. Just do NOT import your own scripts or edit any of the game's default scripts. You can only event script call to the default scripts in the maker, pretty much.
*If using VXAce, the character generator off-limits.
*No parallax mapping.
*RPG Maker only, btw. :p
*The goal is to complete making a quick game!
*There's no set dates or anything like that yet. You can start whenever!
*Post your progress on this thread. B)

If anyone wants to join in and challenge themselves, then you're more than welcome!

Challengers:

*yuyubabe
*Dr. Mc
*Lord Stark
*Exhydra
*Jesus Christ (Anski)
*Acolyte
*IAMFORTE
*Octavia
*Strike_Reyhi
*Yeyinde
*Lige
*OrigamiRose
*bluntsword
*Ryosis
*cozziekuns
*LoganF
*Geekman
*YellowPepper
*EvilM00s - Astralis: The Breaking of the Ancient Seal
*CzarDragon
*Malson
*Zinc
*Spirit
*Gufi
*Akatharsia

Challengers: 23
Complete: 1
Withdraws: 2
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:30:24 AM by Queen yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
You can sign me up, if you want.
Also, make me a mod.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Melodramatic romance game...HERE I COME!

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

*edit*

*edit again*

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:17:18 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Sure, I'll do something quick as a break. I even have a name ... well, if I can get it to work without scripts.

Rocket Propelled Guardian (RPG)

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awww yea! B) Welcome to the challenge, broddah!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
SIGN ME UP
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OH NO. An immortal godlike being?? We're dommed!!!!!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Awesome. Count me in.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Both added ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Can we at least make our own title screen?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hmmm...what maker are you using? RMVXAce has a ton of title screen images. =o

I'm thinking about at least allowing people to use resources from the other makers, but not sure if that takes away from the challenge or not.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
,ale m,e a ,pd mpa pr o
ll burn the biglin down
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
We can make animations using RTP graphics, right?

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
We can make animations using RTP graphics, right?

What kinda animations? =o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
Like, skill or battle animations within RPG Maker. I suppose that technically counts as an imported resource, maybe? Even with using the RTP graphics.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Like, skill or battle animations within RPG Maker. I suppose that technically counts as an imported resource, maybe? Even with using the RTP graphics.

Hmmm...I hate to say it, but I guess that kinda would count as an imported resource. ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
Ah well, I'll find a different way to display the same effect.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Well I will try this, too. ;) (\s/)
But this time I can concentrate me on the core. ;D
Starting later and maybe I will post the one or other picture/video of it. ;)

Rep:
Level 85
What about cobbling together rtp tilesets from the same maker? To make a larger tileset, does it still count as an imported resource?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
why the hell not, I could make something with rtp.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What about cobbling together rtp tilesets from the same maker? To make a larger tileset, does it still count as an imported resource?

That's fine. Nothing wrong with that, because the tilesets are already a part of the maker's RTP. :p As long as the tilesets aren't edited, I have no problem with anyone tacking some of their maker's RTP ones together.

Octavia & Strike been added to the list =o Good luck, guys!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
I'm making teh beast game evar. Okey?

EDIT: I just realized, when we give our game to the person judging it, it'll only be like 10mb.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:38:20 PM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85

That's fine. Nothing wrong with that, because the tilesets are already a part of the maker's RTP. :p As long as the tilesets aren't edited, I have no problem with anyone tacking some of their maker's RTP ones together.

sweet

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
EDIT: I just realized, when we give our game to the person judging it, it'll only be like 10mb.

Good. B(

If we get enough people to complete their games, we may figure out some form of reviewing/judging/whatever. But right now, this is more for teh funz. Not really a contest.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
I don't think i've ever put this much work into an rm game before.

Rep:
Level 96
I don't think i've ever put this little work into an rm game before.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84
Rubber Shark
Why not?  Put me in too! :D

Rep:
Level 64
I'll join as well.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yo stoopid brother...
He don't even want to understand.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:31:19 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Sign me up please :aco:

One question though: For those who's going to use RMXP, there is only
one title screen to use in the RTP. Are we allowed to graphics from
the Ace-RTP to make one? And I guess we are allowed to add text to the
title screen? :malson2:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
One question though: For those who's going to use RMXP, there is only
one title screen to use in the RTP. Are we allowed to graphics from
the Ace-RTP to make one?

You know what? Why not. :p It's really unfair for VX and XP that they don't have that wide variety of title screens. So, if using VX or XP, yes, you can use some of the VXAce title screens.

As for any other resources (for the other makers)...I'm not sure, yet. But title screens are fair.

And I guess we are allowed to add text to the
title screen? :malson2:

I admit that I've been frustrated with the VXAce option to "include title text", because the text is white and is only easy to read on a few title backgrounds. :mad:

Still, I'm not so sure on this one. I wanted to keep things as close to the RTP as possible. Any other opinions on this? =o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
want.

so.

bad.

want.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
join usssssssssssssssssss

u can make your game whenever ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I may have to join.

It's futile to resist.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(:

I can sign you up and you can always withdraw if you're not up to it. Though it's not timed or anything, so it don't matter. xD
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Also, just so we're clear: parallax mapping is also off-limits.

Even if you're using the RTP, it's still technically importing. The point is to use what the maker gives you, so everyone is challenged to make the best game that they can with what the maker gives you.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 89
How about eventing?

Rep:
Level 43
I got one simple question, is it allowed to recolor original RTP graphics? ;) (\s/)
There is an other good question too, is it allowed to show pictures in game?
Because it's an option in every single RPG Maker. ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:59:45 PM by Octavia »

Rep:
Level 98
My game is actually coming along nicely. I'll actually finish one, for once.

Rep:
Level 43
Well, if recoloring isn't allowed, which I don't know, so this will be my two heroines. ;)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
For all you people asking "Does this count?" for your resource questions, I have a simple question to ask in turn. Does your game have to include something, ANYTHING, in the graphics/audio folders that has to be downloaded from you?

If you said yes, then that's not RTP-only. That's editing, customization, whatever you want to call it. We're going by exactly what's given to you from the start, where another person can copy only the data folder (script data not included) and be able to play your game perfectly. This means no pictures, no re-colors (unless it's in-game tinting, which is actually just eventing rather than editing resources), no extra scripts, no nothin'. That's the RTP challenge, to use only the RTP defaults.

Rep:
Level 43
For all you people asking "Does this count?" for your resource questions, I have a simple question to ask in turn. Does your game have to include something, ANYTHING, in the graphics/audio folders that has to be downloaded from you?

If you said yes, then that's not RTP-only. That's editing, customization, whatever you want to call it. We're going by exactly what's given to you from the start, where another person can copy only the data folder (script data not included) and be able to play your game perfectly. This means no pictures, no re-colors (unless it's in-game tinting, which is actually just eventing rather than editing resources), no extra scripts, no nothin'. That's the RTP challenge, to use only the RTP defaults.
Thanks, that answers my question, by the way I downloaded nothing, I'm using this time the RPG Maker XP. The tinting is bad in it because it changes the skin color too. That's why I asked about if paint is allowed to recolor, but I understand it's not and it's fine. I really can do some stuff with what is given. ;)

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I have nothing better to do, so count me in. Hopefully work won't get in the way again.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
How about eventing?

You can event to your heart's content. :P In fact, that's one of the magical qualities of this challenge. So many people don't realize how far eventing can go. Many times, you don't even need scripts, if you have enough eventing skillz. That's the beauty of the maker.

My game is actually coming along nicely. I'll actually finish one, for once.

(: Good to hear! I've always admired your writing skills. B) Should be an interesting game.

I have nothing better to do, so count me in. Hopefully work won't get in the way again.

I'll add you to the list. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
nothing is to be imported, because then its not RTP-only. You can go nuts with what is in the game though. :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:28:09 AM by Dr. Mc »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
So can we use RTP Graphics from a different maker? Say I was using VX Ace and I wanted to use some XP Graphics.

Also, I'm in.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So can we use RTP Graphics from a different system? Say I was using VX Ace and I wanted to use some XP Graphics.

For now, we're just sticking with whatever your maker is (aside from everyone being able to use VXA title screens).

Still, I'm really on the fence about this one right now. I can't really think of it being an unfair advantage, but it might make things confusing.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
I don't think recolors should be unless you can use the maker's hue slider, honestly.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't think recolors should be unless you can use the maker's hue slider, honestly.

Oh, yeah. Recolors aren't allowed. :( Sorry if I didn't address it sooner for Octavia, I figured some of you answered her question.

I'm not so sure about cozzie's question, though. I don't know if we've done these things in the past (I think we have), and I don't know how we've handled that.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I think we've done this only once, and NAMKCOR's stipulation was that titlescreens were okay, but NOTHING ELSE was to be added. No grabbing resources of any kind from anywhere, with the single exception of a titlescreen so that the games could have some variety in their opening and actually display their title. Then again, this was also for VX when there was only one titlescreen to be used, when in VXA we have multiple options now and can display the title automatically.

Rep:
Level 98
This is true, but at least one bit of personable style should just cap it all together, I would say.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Probably, yeah. Although I'd give more kudos to you if you managed to make an awesome game even still using the default titlescreen or something.

Rep:
Level 43
Probably, yeah. Although I'd give more kudos to you if you managed to make an awesome game even still using the default titlescreen or something.
I will try it with the default title screen, because this bit of custom graphics I don't need. :P
So I try to concentrate to the core of the game. ;)

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Event script commands are fair game right? Or is there no scripting at all, RM2K style?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think we've done this only once, and NAMKCOR's stipulation was that titlescreens were okay, but NOTHING ELSE was to be added. No grabbing resources of any kind from anywhere, with the single exception of a titlescreen so that the games could have some variety in their opening and actually display their title. Then again, this was also for VX when there was only one titlescreen to be used, when in VXA we have multiple options now and can display the title automatically.

At this point, I'm inclined to say we do this again. Even with VXAce, it's really frustrating to get the white text to work with most of the backgrounds. And it would kinda add some individuality, at least. :p Fair enough?

Event script commands are fair game right? Or is there no scripting at all, RM2K style?

I don't know how this was done in the past, but I personally have no problem with event script commands. That's ONLY if you're calling to something that's a part of the original editor's scripting, such as calling the scene for loading games or something. Obviously, there's no editing the default scripts, or adding outside scripts. :p

Then again, I don't really know if this adds a significant advantage over people who don't know how to work those things well. I figured out how to call event script commands, and I'm script-challenged.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:39:45 PM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Also, screenshot. =o Your family runs an inn. :p

Hope it looks ok. I tried to make it a little more realistic and have that gritty, medieval feel (except for some of the more modern-looking RTP graphics, but whatever). That flooring was the least weird-looking (not to mention overly bright) stone floor. .-.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98

My one screenshot. I don't want to reveal anything about the game, because I want it to be a new experience.
In game you can check a lot of different items on shelves/etc for a description, and sometimes a hidden item.

Rep:
Level 96
I'm not very creative, so I'm going a completely different route.

Spoiler for:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
Runescape: RM Edition

Rep:
Level 96
I was going for Minecraft, but I guess it is closer to Runescape.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
I'm assuming that there's no particular end date, either. Just go and see what happens, however long it takes to happen?

I'll jump in too, if that's the case. It may take a lot longer than the game would even actually last, but I'm back to a busy work schedule again now that I've had my week off (at least until my next week off, which isn't until October).
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm assuming that there's no particular end date, either. Just go and see what happens, however long it takes to happen?

Pretty much :p

Awight. Got 16 total people in the challenge. B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 89
This is what I have so far:

God I feel so rusty. I haven't used the program for almost a year. :pacman:

Rep:
Level 84
Rubber Shark
Don't you hate it when your party dies and you have to drag their casketed bodies to the nearest revival centre? :D

Dynamic party reordering and graphics changing, without touching any scripts.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wow! Awesome screenshots, guys!! :) I likie!

LOL coffins ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*Feature Spoiler*

I got bored of the typical level-up system, so I killed it. :p If you wanna increase yo stats, you gotta do that through improving your equipment. B)

Since I can't get rid of the "level" display without a little scripting, I decided to put "level" to a different use. Named it "Stage" instead. Each actor can reach up to Stage 3, with every stage upgrading your learned (or starter) spells and some of your skills.

Spoiler for:

Not a complex eventing system, but took quite some time to set up for each actor. B( I decided to keep all the original spells, so they stack up (rather than the upgrades replacing the original spells). Takes up way more room, but I think the player would prefer to have the smaller spells, just in case.

Gonna be a fairly simple game. Each actor can learn whatever skill they want, whatever spell they want, and wear whatever gear they want. They all have small preset stats that determine what they are naturally good at, but whatever. If you want to make Hurl a healer...go for it. >B( Freedom!

Also, using a simple revive system to make the game more challenging, in a sense. If your actors fall in battle, they won't come back until after the battle. No revival items or anything of the like.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:34:52 PM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
Shit, and I thought mine were getting complex. I don't have shit on this.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Whoever is party leader gets the bed. Everyone else has to sleep on the floor. :p

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:37:33 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
Did you know you can move events (and players) fractional squares? I did not, until today!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:46:28 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
...I did not know that, but find that to be an invaluable thing to remember for the future!

*makes a big memo to self to remember that little tidbit*

Rep:
Level 85
Conveniently this also works in XP My mind is blown

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I didn't know that, either. o_o Holy cow, I may just have to try that. Thanks, Exhydra! :)

Event script calls to the rescue! ;o;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
Did you know you can move events (and players) fractional squares? I did not, until today!

Is it possible to do relative?
Like, move 0.5 relative to current location?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
Is it possible to do relative?
Like, move 0.5 relative to current location?

Sure, you just need to nab the current X and Y value of the event to modify first, though.

Code: [Select]
gmE  = $game_map.events[9]
gmE.moveto(gmE.x + 0.5, gmE.y + 0.5)

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hmmm...this?

or this?

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
Dwarves can sleep on floors!

Also, a little trick with your lamp event on the table over there ... if you go into the movement settings, change it to 'Custom' and wiggle the opacity from 225 to 255 with a wait of five frames in between, it makes the lamp glow seem animated.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:21:33 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dwarves can sleep on floors!

Haha, they actually get placed by party order. :p but I can always set specific places for them to sleep, instead. Maybe I'll give Deeva back her precious pink bed, make the 2 guys sleep at the foot (sitting up), and Hurl (the dwarf) can sleep off to the side. :V

...I'm putting so much thought into this, lol.

Also, a little trick with your lamp event on the table over there ... if you go into the movement settings, change it to 'Custom' and wiggle the opacity from 225 to 255 with a wait of five frames in between, it makes the lamp glow seem animated.

...Another great idea. ;_; Thank you!
*Edit* Do you also use "Stepping Animation" with the fire? Or just the opacity?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:32:36 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
...I'm putting so much thought into this, lol.

No such thing as too much polish. Polish just adds ... time.  Lots of time. Of this I know. ;o

*Edit* Do you also use "Stepping Animation" with the fire? Or just the opacity?

Yeah, you can use 'Stepping Animation', just set the Speed to 'x8' and the Frequency to 'Highest' and it will look alright. But, with 'Stepping Animation', you might want to lower the opacity to 200 so the difference is noticeable over the animation.

EDIT: x8 Slower, that is.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:04:23 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 84
Rubber Shark
Room for two, inspired by yuyu's images.  Each alive member of the party gets their own bed.  I say alive, because sleep doesn't cure death. :3

Rep:
Level 64
Looking good, everyone. Thus far, I like what I'm seeing. I'll share my noobness with you all. #generosity

Spoiler for Eh 1:

Introduction

Not sure if I like the blue names on the blue window... Hard on the eyes.

Spoiler for Eh 2:

Part of a rundown village.

Rep:
Level 43
Spoiler for:
I prefer the one I quoted in the spoiler, looks better for me. I'm so lazy in the moment, I only made the first map so far. :(
I just don't know what's wrong with me.
But you all got such amazing mapping skills.

Rep:
Level 82
I am really just too focused on my other project to really devote time to an RTP-only game. So, I suppose I could be a judge. Or, I suppose 'reviewer' would be a better title, as there is no real contest.

EDIT: Also Yuyu, if you copy the lamp event, moving it up one square, change the blending to 'Add' and toggle the opacity between 100 and 125, the lamp on the table will appear to be reflecting off of the mirror.

I'll hush up now. I am focused on my project. Really, I am ...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:15:24 PM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am really just too focused on my other project to really devote time to an RTP-only game. So, I suppose I could be a judge. Or, I suppose 'reviewer' would be a better title, as there is no real contest.

Awww. ;9 I guess I'll cross out your name on the list, for now.

EDIT: Also Yuyu, if you copy the lamp event, moving it up one square, change the blending to 'Add' and toggle the opacity between 100 and 125, the lamp on the table will appear to be reflecting off of the mirror.

Spoiler for:

Wow! Thanks for yet another tip! :D You sure know your stuff. [:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Double-posting to share Acolyte's thread, in case you haven't seen it yet:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,48189.0.html

Just be wary of what's an added script (not allowed), and what's just an event call to the default scripts (allowed).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:05:43 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
Does anybody know how to make a song play again?

Map's song = SongA
My battle system Starts (Made it with events) = SongB plays
Battle end = I can either lets SongB continue to play, or just turn off the music.

Is there a way to tell it to just play the map's song?

EDIT: >_>
Sorry if this is confusing.
I'll try to think of how I could explain this in simpler less confusing terms.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
Does it not resume playback automatically in VXA?

Rep:
Level 96
With a normal battle, yes. I made my own battle system with events. You never leave the map.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
The battles are completely evented? There may not be a way, in that case, because VXA only remembers one song at a time. You can have it pause your music for the frame of the event, but it won't let you play another and then resume to the first one.

Rep:
Level 82
Spoiler for:
You can either save the BGM information to a variable (which is what the 'Replay' option does, anyway), or if you have music that automatically starts with the map, you can call that.

# Save Current BGM
$game_variables[55] = RPG::BGM.last

# Play Saved BGM
# BGM Continues from Last Available Point
$game_variables[55].replay

# Or ...

# Play Assigned Map BGM
# BGM Starts Over
$game_map.autoplay

# Check Name of Current BGM
RPG::BGM.last.name

EDIT: Oh, I thought you were going through three different songs. The way you worded the request confused me. You could just use the Save BGM and Replay BGM option without touching any script, too (if you are using VXA).

As a side note, VX and lower can still save RPG::BGM to a variable and use '.play' ($game_variables[55].play; does not save position).

EDIT II : Actually, scratch all of that. Just use BattleManager to do all the work for you.

# Save BGM and BGS
BattleManager.save_bgm_and_bgs

# Replay BGM and BGS
BattleManager.replay_bgm_and_bgs

# Play Battle Music
BattleManager.play_battle_bgm

# Play Battle Victory Music
BattleManager.play_battle_end_me

# On Battle ...
BattleManager.save_bgm_and_bgs     # Save BGM and BGS Position
BattleManager.play_battle_bgm     # Play Battle BGM

# On Victory ...
BattleManager.play_battle_end_me     # Victory Theme
BattleManager.replay_bgm_and_bgs     # Replay BGM and BGS
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:28:07 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 43
Wow! Thanks for yet another tip! :D You sure know your stuff. [:
Well, I know, I'm not really good at this. ;)
But it looks better in my oppinion, I don't know, if it's "right" or "wrong", because that will only know the editor of the event. ;)
Well other could only tell you what looks better so far. The only one who really knows what is right is the creator itselfelf. ;)

So far this is my first map, I'm working on it and polish it. But well how should I say, it's an alpha or beta maybe. ;) (\s/)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The houses could use some more variance. Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkdlC_PhU7Q

Rep:
Level 89
For such a big map, it's really empty and lacks of detail. Go for smaller maps with more detail rather then big, empty maps. And it's also to much straight lines :-)

Rep:
Level 85
Obligatory RPG Box push Puzzle  But there's no puzzle, just boxes

Two questions, Is it apparently obvious which boxes can be pushed? Second, do the lights seem too bright?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Would it be allowed to make icons into pictures?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Would it be allowed to make icons into pictures?

I want to say that's technically *not* allowed, because I think I remember Exhydra asking a similar question about using sprites for animations. I'm ultimately not very sure on that, though. I'm just steering away from pictures, to be on the safe side. D:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
Two questions, Is it apparently obvious which boxes can be pushed? Second, do the lights seem too bright?

Hmm, no and yes, a bit too bright.  :o

EDIT: Oop, nevermind.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:52:18 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 85

Hmm, no and yes, a bit too bright.  :o

Okay! I'll fiddle around and see what I can do
Thanks!

Rep:
Level 43
The houses could use some more variance. Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkdlC_PhU7Q

For such a big map, it really empty and lacks of detail. Go for smaller maps with more detail rather then big, empty maps. And it's also to much straight lines :-)

1. I thought this by myself, but there is not much variance possibility in XP and the mapping is hardest of all the Makers, because you need to switch a lot between layers. I guess with only RTP it's really hard to make a good game in XP, maybe I switch the editor. ;)

2. I see, I should allways start with the smallest possible map size and make it bigger if needed, that is a really usefull tip, thanks. :) (\s/)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
The XP RTP is perfectly sufficient to make great maps. You shouldn't just give up because your first attempt wasn't great.

Rep:
Level 96
Rpg maker's map creation is far better than VX or VXA's.
I still don't understand why they removed layers.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
For anyone using a battle system for their project, I just stumbled across this link today.

http://cobbtocs.co.uk/wp/?p=271

Behold, the power of a single formula line. Without any external scripts, you can increase the damage of one particular actor versus another actor who uses the same skill in battle. Or, increase healing done to certain actors versus other actors.

You can also check to see if a state is applied on an ally or foe, and deal more or heal more when that state is on.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awesome find, Exhydra! :) You've been a big help to us all! \o/
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
Wow, amazing. :D

Spoiler for:
I have no clue what any of this means. ^_^
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 43
The XP RTP is perfectly sufficient to make great maps. You shouldn't just give up because your first attempt wasn't great.

Yeah, I know. But it's not only that. It takes me a bout 4 hours to build it, because of the switching layers all the time. The next problem is with the passsable abilities of events. For an example, the fountain is only one block big even it's a cross. So you can walk through all the fountain without any problem. But I'm sure, that this shouldn't be possible. I put this example in the picture below and I tried all the other options, but it's still the same. ;)

Rpg maker's map creation is far better than VX or VXA's.
I still don't understand why they removed layers.

That is what makes the editor so hard to use, you have to switch a lot between layers and that will take forever. I also <3 the battler pictures in this maker. But I don't know how to manage many problems that exist in this maker. The next point is, if the player is on the top of the screen, the player has no head and is cutted off. Well after all, it takes to long in my oppinion to work with it, but I'm really sure, if you take this time, it is the best quality you can reach. ;) (\s/)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Well it's your choice. Though I think that if you practiced and looked at a few tutorials, you'd start to get the hang of it. Nobody's perfect at something the first try.

Rep:
Level 43
Well it's your choice. Though I think that if you practiced and looked at a few tutorials, you'd start to get the hang of it. Nobody's perfect at something the first try.
I know that, but I'm really down in the moment and I doesn't spend much time on anything, so the Maker XP costs me to much time in the moment. :'(
I really need to get my problems fixed or else, who would know. ;) (\s/)
Maybe I stay with the VX ACE and try to improve my skills with that one and maybe someday I will use XP. ;)

Rep:
Level 96
It is far easier to map with XP. I simply do not understand what you're have trouble with.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I have been making slight progress on mine this week, I promise. ;_; I shall not give up (yet, lol). Work *should* slow down after next week. ;_;

So far, mine is kinda teh clichez, but I don't really care. :V There's only so much emotion that can be put into a bunch of forever happy-go-lucky RTP faces (especially our young heroine, Deeva, and her chipper mug). So, I found it best to stick with something light-hearted. :p I'm more concerned about fun details (sort of) and dialogue that works well (hopefully I don't type too much, like usual). ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 43
It is far easier to map with XP. I simply do not understand what you're have trouble with.
Well, as I said a hundred times before, it only take me to long. ;)
And for the walls and roofs there are not much variances implemented. So you can't bring much variance into the map. ;)
Maybe I'm kinda dump, I don't know, but I really don't get what I can do with the given parts for more variance. :( (\s/)

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Star Warrior (Fan of Star Wars)
Is it too late to join? :-\

*There's no set dates or anything like that yet. You can start whenever!

Is it too late to join? :-\

Go for it, dude! ;)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You been added to the list, Geekman. :p

How are the games coming along, guys? B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
I'm just curious. This is just for fun, or is there like a winner, and a prize or whatnot?

I'm considering joining, but I have absolutely no time to work on it.

I've been very intently following this thread and it does sound kind of fun.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just for fun: no contest or anything. :yuyu:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
Made battle system. It works okay. I'm happy with it.

Hey Exhydra. If you could help me out with any of these, I'll give you imaginary invisible pretend cookies. :D

1. Showing two dialogue windows at once. (Guess isn't even close to possible.)
2. Change dialogue text based on variable.
3. Putting a string into a variable then printing the string.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81

Couldn't you use a conditional branch for that?

Rep:
Level 96
Yes, but it seems to not want to show the choose window and that window at the same time when I use conditional branches... :\

Which I need.

Spoiler for Battle System:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
Made battle system. It works okay. I'm happy with it.

Hey Exhydra. If you could help me out with any of these, I'll give you imaginary invisible pretend cookies. :D

1. Showing two dialogue windows at once. (Guess isn't even close to possible.)
3. Putting a string into a variable then printing the string.

[1] Nope, I am pretty certain that you would have to do a significant re-write to get that to work. If you wanted to be cheeky, you could use the script call : msgbox "This is my second message."

EDIT IV : Actually, you could borrow Window_Help or Window_BattleLog. Window_Help would probably look best :

Spoiler for:
# Generate new Help Window and Set Global Variable
# Once the global variable is set, you can call the window from anywhere.
$gWinH = Window_Help.new
$gWinH.open
$gWinH.add_text("Test Text")

# Clear Text
$gWinH.clear

# Close or Hide Window
$gWinH.hide
$gWinH.close

# When you no longer need the window, remember to dispose ...
# Once disposed, you will need to do 'Window_Help.new' again
$gWinH.dispose

# A bunch of other methods that you might find useful ...
$gWinH.open?                       # Checks if window is open
$gWinH.close?                      # Checks if window is closed
$gWinH.move(x, y, width, height)   # Sets the x-coordinate, y-coordinate, width, and height all at once.
$gWinH.opacity(255)                # Sets window opacity

[2] Mm, well, you could use the following ...

Spoiler for:
# Add Text and Call Message Window
$game_message.add(%q(sText))

# Example :
$game_message.add(%q("Hi, this is my message." said Dude.))

# Variable Message Example A :
sTextA = %q("Hi, this is my message." said Dude.) + "\f"
sTextB = %q("This is like, my message, man" said Dude.) + "\f"
sMessage = sTextA if $game_variables[5] == 1
sMessage = sTextB if $game_variables[5] == 2
$game_message.add(sMessage)

# Variable Message Example B :
$game_variables[5] = 15

$game_message.add(%q("Hi, this is my message." said Dude. "You're) + "\n" + %q(one of ) + $game_variables[5].to_s + %q( who have read it.") + "\f")

The '%q()' automatically escapes any characters that might otherwise blow up the script (ie - slashes, apostrophes, pound symbol, etc). So, you don't have to worry about manually escaping any dangerous characters (trust me, huge headache).

To fit large messages, insert a 'Set Move Route' event, then create a 'Script' command. The script command within a 'Set Move Route' event may only be one line, but you can fit well over two-thousand characters into the text field. Seriously, you could write a novel in there.

Unfortunately, since you only have one line, you will need to squish all of the commands together with a semi-colon, like so :

# Squished Variable Message Example :
sTextA = %q("Hi, this is my message." said Dude.); sTextB = %q("This is like, my message, man" said Dude.); sMessage = sTextA if $game_variables[5] == 1; sMessage = sTextB if $game_variables[5] == 2; $game_message.add(sMessage)

Also, you may want to measure out how long your lines of text are, where text gets cut off and so on. Whenever you need to drop to a new line, use '\n'. Always place an '\f' at the end of your message, or other messages further along the might interrupt your current message.

sTextA = %q("Hi, this is my message." said Dude. "But, my) + "\n" + %q(message is going to be really, really big. Like,) + "\n" + %q(huge. So huge I'll have to, like, cut it off or) + "\n" + %q(something.") + "\f"

Need to add a face, and such? No problem, there are script calls for that, too.

$game_message.face_name  = 'fName'
$game_message.face_index = fIndex
$game_message.background = fBG
$game_message.position   = fPos
$game_message.add("Text")

# fName      - Name of file containing desired face. Also automatically searches
#              files included in RGSS-RTP. File extensions may be omitted.
# fIndex     - Numerical identifier of face (0 is the first face).
# fBG        - [0] Normal, [1] Faded, [2] Transparent
# fPos       - [0] Top, [1] Middle, [2] Bottom

One final word of warning. Unlike using the normal method for displaying a message window, '$game_message.add' does not pause the script until the viewer closes the window. So, remember to place the following code in a 'Script' command underneath of a script-called message.

Fiber.yield while $game_message.busy?

EDIT : Did you know you can hijack the map name window without physically altering any base code? I did not, until today! Technically does not count as RTP only, but ... still interesting!

Spoiler for:
# Captures the Current Window_MapName Object
wmn = Window_MapName
wmo = String.new
ObjectSpace.each_object(wmn) {|x|wmo=x}

# Opens the Current Window_MapName Object
# (Assumes the map has a display name, otherwise window will not open)
wmo.open

# Captures the Current Window_MapName Object
wmn = Window_MapName
wmo = String.new

# Captures the Current Game_Map Object
gmn = Game_Map
gmo = String.new
ObjectSpace.each_object(gmn) {|x|gmo=x}

# Insert Code into Current Game_Map Object
metaclass = class << gmo; self; end
metaclass.send :attr_accessor, :map

# Alter 'display_name' Variable
# (Normally, this is not possible)
gmo.map.display_name = "Different"

# Opens the Current Window_MapName Object
wmo.open

EDIT II : Actually, hijacking of the map name window can be done without the need for dynamically inserting code. Behold, an RTP-only friendly version for changing the displayed map name (also fits into a script command) :

gmo = $game_map
map = gmo.instance_variable_get(:@map)
map.display_name = "Change Me"
gmo.instance_variable_set(:@map, map)
wmn = Window_MapName
wmo = String.new
wmo.open

EDIT III : More RTP-only friendly script calls that may or may not be of use to someone. Maybe.

Spoiler for:
# Set Priority Type
# => 'priority_type' is how far above or how far below an event or character is on the screen.
# The formula is 'priority_type' x 100 for events and players. Normally, you cannot modify this
# variable. Want a bird that flies underneath star tiles, but above the player? Set 'iPriority' to 1.5 (150).
#
#  -50         Below tilemap but above parallax
# -150         Below parallax
#   50         Above tilemap but below normal characters
#  150         Above normal characters but below Above Character

$game_map.events[eventNum].instance_variable_set(:@priority_type, iPriority)
$game_player.instance_variable_set(:@priority_type, iPriority)

# Set Picture Angle
$game_map.screen.pictures[pictureNum].instance_variable_set(:@angle, iAngle)

# Set Picture Rotation Speed
# Continues to rotate without end until set to '0'.
$game_map.screen.pictures[pictureNum].instance_variable_set(:@rotate_speed, iSpeed)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:30:38 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 43
Yes, but it seems to not want to show the choose window and that window at the same time when I use conditional branches... :\
Spoiler for Battle System:

That is really cool, how did you figured that out? O.o
I never thought that this is possible with variables and conditional branches. ;) (\s/)

Rep:
Level 82
More RTP-Only friendly script information for those who want to further add to mapping detail! After stumbling across the 'instance_variable' method last night, I wondered if there was a relatively easy way to hijack Character_Spriteset so one could tinker with how the player and events appeared on the screen. Turns out the process is fairly straightforward.

( Design Mode versus Live Mode with Sprite Additions )

Spoiler for:
# Player Method
# NOTE => Will have to be run when a new map is loaded. Once run, you can use
# '$gco' to apply any of the sprite properties at any time.
ssm = Spriteset_Map
ssmo = String.new
ObjectSpace.each_object(ssm){|x|ssmo=x}
iv = :@character_sprites
csa = ssmo.instance_variable_get(iv)
plr = $game_player
csa.each do |cso|
  $gco = cso if cso.character == plr
end

# Event Method
# NOTE => Will have to be run when a new map is loaded. Since we do not really
# want to create a public variable for each event, you will have to squeeze the
# desired sprite properties into the remaining lines of the 'Script' command call.
ssm = Spriteset_Map
ssmo = String.new; gco = nil
ObjectSpace.each_object(ssm){|x|ssmo=x}
iv = :@character_sprites
csa = ssmo.instance_variable_get(iv)
plr = $game_map.events[evNum]  # Change evNum to the ID of the event.
csa.each do |cso|
  gco = cso if cso.character == plr
end

# Sprite Properties
.zoom_x
# The sprite's x-axis zoom level. 1.0 denotes actual pixel size.

.zoom_y
# The sprite's y-axis zoom level. 1.0 denotes actual pixel size.
# Player Example (50% Larger) : $gco.zoom_x = 1.5, $gco.zoom_y = 1.5
# Event Example (50% Larger) : gco.zoom_x = 1.5, gco.zoom_y = 1.5

.angle
# The sprite's angle of rotation. Specifies up to 360 degrees of counterclockwise rotation.
# However, drawing a rotated sprite is time-consuming, so avoid overuse.
# Player Example (45 Degree) : $gco.angle = 45
# Event Example (45 Degree) : gco.angle = 45

.wave_amp
.wave_length
.wave_speed
.wave_phase
# Defines the amplitude, frequency, speed, and phase of the wave effect. A raster scroll
# effect is achieved by using a sinusoidal function to draw the sprite with each line's
# horizontal position slightly different from the last.

# wave_amp is the wave amplitude and wave_length is the wave frequency, and each is
# specified by a number of pixels.

# wave_speed specifies the speed of the wave animation. The default is 360, and the
# larger the value, the faster the effect.

# wave_phase specifies the phase of the top line of the sprite using an angle of up to
# 360 degrees. This is updated each time the update method is called. It is not necessary
# to use this property unless it is required for two sprites to have their wave effects synchronized.

# Player Example : $gco.wave_amp = 1
                   $gco.wave_length = 45
                   $gco.wave_speed = 350
# Event Example  : gco.wave_amp = 1
                   gco.wave_length = 45
                   gco.wave_speed = 350

.mirror
# A flag denoting the sprite has been flipped horizontally. If TRUE, the sprite will be drawn
# flipped. The default is false.
# Player Example (Mirrored) : $gco.mirror = true
# Event Example (Mirrored) : gco.mirror = true

.color
# The color (Color) to be blended with the sprite. Alpha values are used in the blending ratio.
# Color.new(red, green, blue[, alpha])
# Player Example (Vibrant Red) : $gco.color = Color.new(255, 0, 0, 195)
# Event Example (Vibrant Red) : gco.color = Color.new(255, 0, 0, 195)

.tone
# The sprite's color tone (Tone).
# Tone.new(red, green, blue[, gray])
# Player Example (Red) : $gco.tone = Tone.new(255, 0, 0, 0)
# Event Example (Red) : gco.tone = Tone.new(255, 0, 0, 0)

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hmmm...does anyone know of an easy way to have face graphics show up by variable (during messages)? I'm thinking about letting the player select the actor they want to be, but it'd be very time consuming to have all these conditional branches for each face talking. D:

Does anyone know for sure? =o

*edit* also, that is awesome, Exhydra ;_;
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:39:01 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
Wow. Simply amazing.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
Hmmm...does anyone know of an easy way to have face graphics show up by variable (during messages)? I'm thinking about letting the player select the actor they want to be, but it'd be very time consuming to have all these conditional branches for each face talking. D:

Does anyone know for sure? =o

Easiest way is through script calls, really. There are no native face substitution variables in the message function.

To choose a face (as well as an actor), you can use or alter the method below. Basically, I used the first actor as a dummy for the initial selection, and other actors as the choices. After selecting an actor, the script saves both choices, then removes the old player and adds in the new.

# Top Code
gvn = $game_variables[10]
if gvn == 0
  $game_variables[12] = $game_party.leader
else
  $game_variables[12] = gvn
end

# Bottom Code
gp = $game_party
gvo = $game_variables[12]
gvn = $game_variables[10]
gp.remove_actor(gvo.id)
gp.add_actor(gvn.id)
$game_player.refresh

Doing custom messages is a little rougher, but it can be done. What follows is basically what must be present for each piece of dialog that involves the main character.

# Selecting Face Information as well as other Message Variables
vTmp = $game_variables[10]
$game_message.face_name  = vTmp.face_name
$game_message.face_index = vTmp.face_index
$game_message.background = 0
$game_message.position   = 2

# Put the following line within a 'Script' command inside of a 'Set Move Route' event set to 'Player' and 'Wait'.
# Why use the 'Set Move Route' event? The 'Script' command area is huge, accepting well over 2000 characters.
# Put whatever text you wish between the "%q" and brackets.
$game_message.add(%q("Text"))
# Or ...
$game_message.add(%q(He strutted over. "Hello. I am Fabio."))

# You will have to manually break up the lines in order to fit the message on each line, as well. Use "\n" for that :
$game_message.add(%q(He strutted over.) + "\n" + %q("Hello. I am Fabio."))

# Always follow each message with the following scriptlet, to ensure other events do not go off.
Fiber.yield while $game_message.busy?

I know it looks like a headache, but that is the best I can come up with.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 60
Creativity is all I have.
Hmm.. Before signing up, I have one question. I know it's RTP-Only, but would some small add-on's count? A example would be the grass around the water auto tile. It really limits my mapping..

Now that I've said it, sign me on :P

Rep:
Level 82
Hmm.. Before signing up, I have one question. I know it's RTP-Only, but would some small add-on's count? A example would be the grass around the water auto tile. It really limits my mapping..

Nope, no physical editing of the original source RTP, at all.   :o
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:26:41 PM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The only thing that we are allowing is a custom title screen image, just for some more diversity. But if we have anyone review these games, they aren't expected to score the title screen. It's literally just for diversity purposes. :o

Also, thank you, Exhydra! :) I'll try that out later (if I get a break from homework, argh).
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
My battle system.
http://www.mediafire.com/?f0mfb4kmbv4eddf

If anybody could give it a DL and say what they think, that'd help out a lot. :D
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 43
Lord Stark
I downloaded it and I can say it's really amazing and fun to play. :D
The battles are also well balanced, not to hard and not to easy. :3
The only thing I think could be done better, I don't know if it is possible with RTP only, is that the other monsters will move on and maybe enter the momentary battle too. ;)
But I really looking forward for the game of you, because I really want to play the final product. (\s/)

Personal
I don't know if I should stay in this contest, because I'm working and improving on my old one a lot, so I guess I don't will have time to make a new one parallel to the old one. :'(
I know it was bad in your oppinion, but I got a lot of fans on Facebook, that are waiting for a update, so I stay with this one I guess, I'm sorry to say that. :'(

Finally home, so why not.  Sign me up :lol:

Rep:
Level 85
I'll be pulling out for now, the direction I want to take with what I've been working on can't be completed with just the RTP. I'll keep a backup of my project just in case my plans go south.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Octavia - Just let me know for sure. ;9 Sorry to hear that, but I wish you luck on your GIAW project!

Rekio - Signed you up B)

IAMFORTE - :rok:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Also, I'm thinking about taking another direction with my game. I'm still going to keep my gameplay setup, but I'm changing the characters/story up. The idea is something that I've had in the past, only simplified to fit the RTP-only standards.

Basically, you determine every character of relative importance's appearance, name, stats, and even personality. This includes the 4(+) main actors, the villain, and *maybe* even some NPCs. So, the cast is essentially going to be created by the player. It's very limited with the RTP, but I think it may be fun. Of course, I'm also probably going to add a "randomize" feature. :p

Thanks to Exhydra's help, I may just be able to pull this off! But it's going to be a boat load of work on my part. >_> My original intention was to make the game have an in-game character generator, with plenty of diverse dialogue. I can't really make a generator with the RTP, so I'll just do a character selection screen. And the dialogue may be more simplified than my usual long-winded form of writing.

If it turns out well, I can probably improve on the idea later, but you gotta walk before you can run. :p

...If I have the time, that is. D:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 43
Octavia - Just let me know for sure. ;9 Sorry to hear that, but I wish you luck on your GIAW project!
I'm sorry, but I spend about 4 hours today to redo the graphics and reorder the events on my old one, I also changed the battlesystem and added a difficulty chose. Plus added a new leveling system, rebalanced the damage of enemies and actors, overhauled the character sprites. ;)
So I really don't got time on a new project, plus I'm now admin of two sites. ;) (\s/)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ;9

Also, screenshot. =o Got the selection screen pretty much all done for the heroes. I might add a variable to determine if a certain hero's face is already selected or not, but I don't think I really care if the player wants to have a party of Ralph clones. :B

Spoiler for:

Blue button = Male characters
Red button = Female characters
Yellow button = Randomize

*The flame is the cursor

*edit* Dammit if only the RTP would let me use icons for event images. :mad: It's going to be difficult to figure out a nice-looking way to select attributes/stats otherwise. :mad: But I'll think of something. >B)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:56:21 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
I see all this work you guys are doing, and it makes me feel like mine is boring now. Just battles and words. :(

Rep:
Level 98
I also feel as though we should, in the spirit of this not really being a 'contest', give awards in a sort of person category. Ideas such as a best RTP artistry, or best RTP storytelling, most engaging RTP, etc. rather than '1st' '2nd' or 'best overall'. To keep categories thin and direct, multiple people could win multiple awards, to show they were the top contenders in their area, even if they lagged in others.

Rep:
Level 98
ooor maybe i'm just really high and being a filthy mudflapping hippie

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
wat u talkin about? ain't no problems with yo idea!

I think we should go for it. B) The small award-like things might even help motivate some peoplez to complete their games, rather than just doing this "for the heck of it". We'd just need a definite list of what little awards we'd do. B)

Hopefully I'll be one of those people that actually finishes a game, since I'm getting a little too ambitious. What kind of topic-started would I be if I didn't, though? D:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 89
I see all this work you guys are doing, and it makes me feel like mine is boring now. Just battles and words. :(

Funny. My game us going to be the opposite :-)

I think that the idea if a mini-awards sounds like fun. Some categorys can be:

Best RTP-Mapping
Most creative use of the RTP

...those are the only one I can think of :P
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:59:21 AM by The Shadow »

Rep:
Level 82
*edit* Dammit if only the RTP would let me use icons for event images. :mad: It's going to be difficult to figure out a nice-looking way to select attributes/stats otherwise. :mad: But I'll think of something. >B)

Actually, you can use the RTP icon set as an event sprite.

You just would not like how it looked ...

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 43
;9
Also, screenshot. =o Got the selection screen pretty much all done for the heroes. I might add a variable to determine if a certain hero's face is already selected or not, but I don't think I really care if the player wants to have a party of Ralph clones. :B
Spoiler for:

Blue button = Male characters
Red button = Female characters
Yellow button = Randomize

*The flame is the cursor
This looks really great. :3
I made it a bit like this in my own RPG I made for VX, I made a map where you wander around as a soul and you can walk to the character you like, you get a small message, what goal they got and then a yes or no window. The choose of the character say's where you start the game. ;)

Rep:
Level 96
How I set up a monster-
Spoiler for:

The knew battle intro.
Spoiler for:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85
Must be nice to have a simple idea for a battlesystem XD

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, it had to be simple. My brain wouldn't be able to do anything more complex. ._.

It took all this for me to make just that simple battle system. D:

Battle Start
Spoiler for:

Player chooses action (If they choose to attack, damage to enemy is calculated.)
Spoiler for:

Enemy attacks
Spoiler for:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 60
Am I allowed to create multiple classes? Just putting it here to be sure.

Rep:
Level 96
You're allowed to change anything you want, as long as you don't do these two things-

1. Open the resource manager
2. Open the script editor

EDOT: Does anybody know how one might store "EXP required for level up" into a variable, or at least how to display it in a message?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:40:41 PM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
EDOT: Does anybody know how one might store "EXP required for level up" into a variable, or at least how to display it in a message?

Can just grab the information from $game_actors. Then you can use \V[n] to display the variable in a message.

# X - The numeric value for the variable.
# pos - The numeric position of the actor in the database.
# level - the numeric value of the desired level.
gv = $game_variables[x]
gv = $game_actors[pos].exp_for_level(level)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:39:14 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 96
Rep +260

At the rate of +1 rep per 3 hours, this will only take 777 hours.
Or
32 days.

Let's do this.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:46:54 AM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Exhydra is now one of my favorite members, ok
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
New battle system~

NOW! Monsters stop when-
  *You are in combat
  *When you have the menu open
  *When opening chests
  *When talking to NPCs
ALSO!
  *Skills added
  *Choose your own pizza adventure

DEMO
Please rate and subscribe.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85
I want pizza

Rep:
Level 98
new award: best easter eggs, every game should have an easter egg of pizza in it somewhere to qualify for it

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
FFFF am I really going to have to do this.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 60
Depends on who you're askin..

Rep:
Level 85
Put me back on the list please, my ideas didn't work out XD

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I've been attempting to work on my idea/game, but Ive got plenty of shit to keep me down and distracted in my personal life right now.

I'm not out of this thing yet, though. :determined:

Also, Rekios:

*If using VXAce, the character generator off-limits.

We decided that it was an unfair advantage for anyone using VXAce, because it has access to thousands of character possibilities, due to the generator.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
Until I'm stabilized in my current job, I'll have to put this on hold.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

We decided that it was an unfair advantage for anyone using VXAce, because it has access to thousands of character possibilities, due to the generator.

...well, shit.  :'(
Keep me signed up, though.  I want to do this  :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:26:02 PM by Rekios »

Rep:
Level 98
mine is still chugging along

Rep:
Level 98
beep beep i'm a jeep

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Just a question, it means you can create  new database entries as well right?
We can also use the extras that you can get on preorders? Am I allowed to edit a faceset and just take a 96x96 faceset and put it in the picture folder?

Rep:
Level 98
Yes, you can. It's just new writing, basically.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All seems legit, but not sure what you mean by this last part:

Am I allowed to edit a faceset and just take a 96x96 faceset and put it in the picture folder?

You mean edit it the image itself? Or just cut it into a 96x96?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Pretty much like, Open Faceset in Editor, Just take ralph and make it into a 96x96 image and save it in picture folder.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ohhhhhh.

Hrmmm...I *think* that would be ok, but someone please correct me, if I'm wrong. :p

As long as there is no actual editing to the image, just splitting them up seems to be fine. I think.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
no recolors or anything like that. Just...crop XD

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
But....but... you said I couldn't separate the icons.

:baww:

Rep:
Level 96
I still think this -

You're allowed to change anything you want, as long as you don't do these two things-

is the easiet way to explain the rules.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
But....but... you said I couldn't separate the icons.

:baww:

Wait, did I say that? D: Sorry about that, I've been dealing with a lot lately, and I haven't been very attentive around here in a while. Thanks for catching that, though. :p I'm afraid I completely forgot what the ruling on that was and I can be a little inconsistent. ;9

Sorry, Nessiah. ;9 I'm going to have to go back on my word. I'm afraid I was in a bit of a hurry when I said "yes", and had other things on my mind. I mean, I would let you guys get away with it, but I'm getting WAY too confused with all these questions. Or, at least, it would require more discussion to allow cropping the images. I don't know. This whole thing is getting a little out-of-hand for such a simple concept.

I think it's so much easier to just go by what Lord Stark says and leave it at that:

I guess the only exception is the title screen.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Ummm.... 

I want in.
:tinysmile:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Please excuse the double post...

Just got the planning stages done. I drew a title screen. I pored through the RMVX event systems database and picked my favorites. I even have an entire character programmed in.

After I submit my entry imma make the game with YERD or YEZ and a few of MA's scripts to really show the vision I have for this game.

I hope this won't take me long, I'm really excited!

Emperor of Swag
I'm up for the challenge, put me in~

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Right on! More challengers and more progress is bueno. B)

I'm rather sluggish with progress, contemplating what I have the energy to achieve. My latest idea is a bit ambitious: which I knew from the start. I guess I lost sight of the fun aspect of this: going back to the basics.

Anyways! I'd love to hear more about how progress is going with you guys! And if you do happen to complete it soon: feel free to share with the class here...or make a thread and share that link, or whatever. :V
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Here is what i have so far for a title screen- you DID say i can make a title screen, right?

I'm no Grafikal, but here it is.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Here is what i have so far for a title screen- you DID say i can make a title screen, right?

Yep. :) Making a title screen is the only exception to importing stuff.

Really cool looking, too! B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

Rep:
Level 40
Absolutely useless
I'm joining!
( °д°) Even in your topic, F.O.E.!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awrite B)

Hey Malson we should hook up ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
work has been slow but it's been going ;o

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86

Yep. :) Making a title screen is the only exception to importing stuff.

Really cool looking, too! B)

Really? Oh cool! Thank you!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Haven't worked on anything in a while, and with all that's going on, I don't know when I'll actually feel like working on it again. Sorry guys.  ;9

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Haven't worked on anything in a while, and with all that's going on, I don't know when I'll actually feel like working on it again. Sorry guys.  ;9

That's ok, I'm sorta in the same boat. D: I'm *attempting* to find the energy. But there's no time limit, after all. ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Working on character selection events and the System Options....

Rep:
Level 40
Absolutely useless
Before I get too deep into the skill tree system, are we allowed to splice up the iconset into separate spriteset files and use them as event graphics?

Rep:
Level 85
You are not allowed, follow these guidelines if you're unsure :P

Rep:
Level 40
Absolutely useless
You are not allowed, follow these guidelines if you're unsure :P

Aw, RIP nice-looking skill tree system  :(

Rep:
Level 85
Well I'm sure you can think of something equally crafty :P Think outside the box!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I'm almost ready to show off.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Right on! :D Can't wait to see! B)

(Maybe I'll get back to mine sometime ;_;)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
I'm super jealous. Haven't touched rm in way too long.

Rep:
Level 96
I forgot about this.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
   Well, I'm on hiatus from doing anything too serious with my "real" project, so count me in. Might give me some ideas for other games too, so why the hell not hehe
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86

A short but satisfying venture into the Lands of Lore, Enarovia

The non-epic sized game is playable in just a few hours, or you can delve deeper into the land for several more minutes of immersive storytelling.

Features
Spoiler for:
A customisable party selection option. Choose the profession and gender of all your party members.

NPCs cycle through several responses, each telling a bit of the story. Less canned dialogue! Additionally, certain events occur that get specific characters to tell special stories.

The ability to rename your characters, up to six letters.

Dark places will require the use of torches or candles, and the overland map has weather and all maps will feel the passing of time. Don't worry, there's a clock for you to use.

Professions that not only get you unique Arms and Armour, but profession tools that let you see your progress in that profession.

Other than that, it's pretty basic, buddy.
And a special surprise...
Spoiler for:
This is the zero point for a series of stories told with much better graphics, gameplay elements and a storyline that may have you awaiting the next installment with bated breath! Additionally, there will be no need to start over every time a new installment hits the forum- plans are in effect to implement a patching tool!

Credits
Spoiler for:
grafikal, Strak and Virusasa for allowing the use and modification of their event systems. Thanks to Acolyte for the RTP only idea. Thanks to my parents for telling me I'd never amount to anything so I could prove them wrong for the last 30 years.

The demo will be ready in 7 days.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:53:54 PM by EvilM00s »

Rep:
Level 85

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Very nice. Looking forward to it!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I have big plans for the rest of the story... I really hope I can implement them. I don;t want to look back here and think "I was talking tall shit but once again failed to deliver." So off I go to work and when I return I'll put some more time into the project. Here goes.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lookin' good!! :D It's nice to see such progress! B)

I'm probably going to work with a fresh project, only keeping the ideas I came up with for the database and such (with using "stages" instead of level ups). Only this time, I think I'll go for a Dating Sim-ish RPG. >:o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I've enver tried one of those, they seemed corny... but I'll try yours since I know you to have decent ideas and creativity, UNLESS there is chibi nookie. That would be weabish and we all know what happens to weebs around here!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's okay. ;o It won't be weebish. It will be mature (but not dirty :mad:) romance.

Because I wouldn't want to be a weeb.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Dumb question, what if I edited the VX characters to make them look more Ace Character styled... Would that be allowed? (Even though I'm not even doing my game anymore, and it just sounded like a fun challenge :V)

Spoiler for Example:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
To be honest, I don't have a good answer for that. That's why I told her to post it here. =o I've always hated how different the Ace characters look from the VX characters, so I don't really consider that bad. But at the same time, it's still considered importing something. So, I guess more feedback is in order.

Either way, I urge you to post all of them on your sprite thread or something. >:O Even if we can't use them for this challenge, they're still really useful. ;_; (I think she finished them all ?)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
I finished them all, I'll go post it on my Resource whatever topic "Dr. Mc's Character Stuff" I think it was, either way its in my Signture for a quick link.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Just a few tweaks to the maps and events and I can post a "beta" if you will. Seems kinda silly to do so, but I want to have something out, get it out the door and see how it flies.

Couple days, considering how work is... well... abducting me lately.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Game;s done. Want me to post it here, or make a thread in New Projects?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think you could make your own project thread and then link to it from here. ^_^ Your game deserves a thread! ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm still working on one of these, too. Granted, I'm also kinda shifting between this and Mistvale (when I finally remember to perform a clean up of my computer), so yeah. I decided to cut out the bs and go with something simple and fun - so, I'm remaking the first game I ever made on RPG Maker. It was literally my test project to get to know the program: a very light-hearted and made up on-the-spot game.

Only this time, I guess I didn't entirely cut out the bs, because I ended up eventing my own stupidly simple side-view battle system. It should be completely done, so now I'm working on the rest of the game.

Spoiler for Screenshot:

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I ended up eventing my own stupidly simple side-view battle system.

I'd like to see how this was done! Very interesting!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'd like to see how this was done! Very interesting!

I pretty much scrapped the skills/mid-battle items menu and just stuck with "attack". So, it's kinda automatic, like Fire Emblem, but you have the option to swap party members mid-battle for the next wave of attacks. :B So, only one person fighting at a time. I might have to add in something for running from battles, now that I think about it. ;9

Honestly, it's a bit weird to not be able to heal mid-battle, but I find it to be more realistic and tactical-based.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Waterfall town wheeeeeee

Spoiler for:

And here's the whole enchilada (zoomed out 1/4 because I'm lazy):
Spoiler for:

Wow, that took forever. Haven't even done the interiors yet.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I hate this company's image filter...

I must see the screenies!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Taking a different direction. Again. :drsword:

Spoiler for:

It's very different than anything I've tried, but it looks fairly close to actual medieval houses (from what I've seen, at least).

I kinda like it. What do you guys think?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
I like the town a lot! I'm a little concerned about the safety of the inhabitants with that ghost floating around though...

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's okay.

They don't know he's there. ;) Until it's toO LATE AHHHH
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Scripter
Rep:
Level 40
Crownless King
After reading the whole thread, I am amazed how you all handle the RTP. I've always wanted to get outside the RTP, because I always thought its always giving the old feel or the RM feel...but wow, I have to say I am amazed. I never thought the RTP can do this great...its more than enough to make an interesting game <3  :yuyu:

If you like my work, please do support me on Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/Soulpour777?ty=h

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Thanks, SoulPour! When you're used to using scripts and 3rd party graphic resources, RTP feels very limiting- but I believe it is that limitation which stimulates creativity.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ain't that the truth!

I prefer eventing, anyways. As per Malson's fabulous idea, I've evented a game where you roam about as a ghost and possess people. Still trying to work out the story kinks and mapping stuff. I'm thinking I'll stay with those medieval-like houses I mapped out. B)

Always willing to take up a team for the RTP-Only, if anyone's up for it. But the game is going to be pretty simple, so it's going to be a -fairly- easy goal.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Dude. Like, no way. That house style is really groovy! I mean like, good enough to steal!

Not that I'd steal from you, we're WAY too good of friends for that. But if we weren't, OH DAYUMN *zshooop* mine, bitches! Heeeyeah!

I'm quite impressed.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dude. Like, no way. That house style is really groovy! I mean like, good enough to steal!

Not that I'd steal from you, we're WAY too good of friends for that. But if we weren't, OH DAYUMN *zshooop* mine, bitches! Heeeyeah!

I'm quite impressed.

I'm glad ye like them! B) I'm thinking about adding a bit of wear and tear to them, since the town isn't a very happy place anymore. ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
This is the sort of thing I can handle. Maybe I can complete a game if I'm not worried about making it looking pretty. (Especially since I still have that option, now that Exhydra's pointed out that you can move events fractional squares!)

The screenshots so far prove that RTP can be used well. <3

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You should give it a try! B) It's pretty fun!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]