RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Diablo 3 Console Release is overrated.

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
Does anyone here remember when the first Diablo was released for the original Playstation? Controls sucked, gameplay was around the same. Alot of people on several websites reviewed that game and said it blowed chunks all because controls were lame. Blizzard also released several of their games for consoles, Like Warcraft and Starcraft 64. Same situation. Does anyone think that maybe Diablo 3 will end up the same way?
"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain...."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I hope it doesn't suck. I've been wanting to play that since it came out. My computer can't handle it, so the console port will be my only choice.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
I just think that some PC titles should stay on the PC. Did you hear about Elder Scrolls Online on Xbox One? That release will be the crash of the Xbox One. Kinda like when the "RROD" happened with Xbox 360.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Please go home PC elitist.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
I don't mean it like that. Heck, I support Minecraft on consoles. I just think that they're trying to pull a Steve Jobs on console gaming. You wouldn't want a gaming console that freezes and has crappy online compatability, right? I think they should just take it slow is all. Put Runescape or something on consoles, not MMOs that were just released no less than a year ago.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
console peons can't understand
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Torchlight was okay on consoles. They'll be able to make Diablo 3 work.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Diablo 3 supposedly plays really well with a controller.  We'll just have to wait and see.  Personally I already own it on PC so I have no reason to buy it for a console, but I'm all for games getting released properly on more platforms.

The problem with Warcraft and Starcraft on consoles is they're RTS games, which require a lot more buttons than Diablo 3 does.

Hell FFXIV:ARR is going to be on the PS3 and PS4 and plays like a DREAM with a controller, because they created a proper control scheme for it.

I can see it working for Diablo 3 as well.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I just think that some PC titles should stay on the PC. Did you hear about Elder Scrolls Online on Xbox One? That release will be the crash of the Xbox One. Kinda like when the "RROD" happened with Xbox 360.

I really can't tell your point. You think the Elder Scrolls Online is going to literally crash the Xbone?

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
@JesusChrist: Yes, I do. What happens when you throw so many games on a PC? it crashes. Microsoft developed the xbox console list (Original, 360, and One) by using several different PC machinery. I'm not a complete genius when it comes to consoles, but I know for a fact that if someone were to put, in this case, Elder Scrolls Online, Minecraft Pocket Edition, Fallout 4, and some other games on there, soon the console will wear out. The Xbox One isn't invincible.

I just think that for some hardcore console gamers (and hardcore gamers in general) that trying to fit everything into one machine will not work. I mean, the Xbox One already has an internet browser, a cable/satellite tv programming system, and even a fully developed chatroom for the Xbox Community.

I'm not saying that going for the future is bad, but I'm also not saying that every machine on earth has no limit to its memory and durability. At some point, it's going to screw up.

Rep:
Level 98
You're either completely oblivious or trolling.

Rep:
Level 98
Because every single thing about that post is just wrong.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
fucking consoles how do they work

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I'm not a complete genius when it comes to consoles

No way really I couldn't tell wow
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
@JesusChrist: Yes, I do. What happens when you throw so many games on a PC? it crashes. Microsoft developed the xbox console list (Original, 360, and One) by using several different PC machinery. I'm not a complete genius when it comes to consoles, but I know for a fact that if someone were to put, in this case, Elder Scrolls Online, Minecraft Pocket Edition, Fallout 4, and some other games on there, soon the console will wear out. The Xbox One isn't invincible.

I just think that for some hardcore console gamers (and hardcore gamers in general) that trying to fit everything into one machine will not work. I mean, the Xbox One already has an internet browser, a cable/satellite tv programming system, and even a fully developed chatroom for the Xbox Community.

I'm not saying that going for the future is bad, but I'm also not saying that every machine on earth has no limit to its memory and durability. At some point, it's going to screw up.
Why do you think having multiple games on a console or PC will cause it to wear out? Those games aren't going to be running at the same time, they're just going to be data sitting idly on a hard drive whenever some other piece of software is running. Computers don't crash when you put lots of games on them and nor do consoles.

The list of things that can cause a PC or console to malfunction is pretty big, but a full hard drive isn't really one of them.

Unless your point is just that a console having more games means it will be used more often which means it could sooner malfunction? It'd be pretty dumb to argue that a console should have a barren library of games to protect their owners from overusing them!!!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:00:04 AM by chewey »

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Well, I played consoles since 1992 so I can say, I play them really long. But they will never ever get as good as a PC. ;)
I played these consoles and homecomputers: C-64, Amiga, NES, GB, SNES, MD, GBC, PS, GBA, N-64, DC, PS2, XBOX, GC, DS, PSP, PS3, X360, WII, WIIU, 3DS, PSV
Windows versions I got: 95, 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, W7
So I can say I got a lot of gaming experience with consoles and homecomputers. But a console was never as good as a PC. Some games works better to play on consoles like Racers, Action, Beat'Em'Up. But some are much better to play on PC, like Hack'N'Slay, Real Time Strategy or Maker. ;)
So I guess both have the pro's and contra's. :D But really cheaper then a PC aren't they anymore. My PC will cost 300€ to upgrade that it has the power of a XBox One or PlayStation 4. But a PlayStation 4 will cost me 400€ and the XBox One will cost 500€, so they will cost me much more then a really good PC. ;)

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I play a bunch of different types of games on a bunch of different platforms because I am a GAMER. fuck arguing about which platform is better.

With multiplat games, pick whichever version you prefer and shut the fuck up about it.

Rep:
Level 98
ps4 for life xbone fan defense squad above

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Platform wars are stupid. I own/play pretty much all of the major platforms. That being said, Xbone should die. Wii U + PS4 + PC = all set

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Platform wars are stupid. I own/play pretty much all of the major platforms. That being said, Xbone should die. Wii U + PS4 + PC = all set

QFT

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
The platform hasn't even been released yet, so we'll see what happens. All this talk about how the console may screw up or may not screw up are all theory.

@JesusChrist: Also, assumption never got anyone anywhere.

Thanks for the kind discussion/debate over Diablo 3 and the wonderful world of consoles. Have a nice day!

Rep:
Level 98
haha you guys so funny I guess i'll leave this thread now passive aggressively bye!!~ >w<;;

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
haha you guys so funny I guess i'll leave this thread meow passive aggressively bye!!~ >w<;;
Thanks for the wonderful sarcastic comment before leaving, JesusChrist.

Rep:
Level 97
The platform hasn't even been released yet, so we'll see what happens. All this talk about how the console may screw up or may not screw up are all theory.

It doesn't have to be released yet. Microsoft only went back on all the new DRM policies and Kinect and all the other bullshit because they saw that they couldn't get away with it... yet. They're just waiting to rape their customers in the ass, therefore the video game industry would be better off without them. It's not about whether or not it's going to "screw up" or fail (because it will probably sell very highly), it's about not supporting a company that is so blatantly anti-consumer that they would make you pay for services you shouldn't have to (still doing that in several instances), invade your privacy, and all the many other things we've all heard about for months now if only they could. And who's to say they won't change their policies down the road from the Xbone's release? I certainly won't have any part of it.

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
In all honesty, the only reason I had an Xbox 360 was because the PS3 versions of Oblivion/Fallout 3 had alot of bugs. I kinda wish I switched to the PS3 because of the free online playability, and I am desperate to play Metal Gear again. The days of hearing "Snake, Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaake" at 2:00am.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
In all honesty, the only reason I had an Xbox 360 was because the PS3 versions of Oblivion/Fallout 3 had alot of bugs. I kinda wish I switched to the PS3 because of the free online playability, and I am desperate to play Metal Gear again. The days of hearing "Snake, Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaake" at 2:00am.
Well both the PS4 and the XBOX One has a online payment system now. For the PlayStation 4 you need a PlayStation+ Membership for 15€ and for the XBox One you need a Gold Membership for 20€. So the only free consoles are the WIIU and PC. ;)
By the way, games like Final Fantasy XIV has a extra membership to pay. :O
As far as I can say, I wouldn't buy any of these new consoles and stay now with my PC. :)
There is gaming free and when it get's to old, I only buy the parts I need new and run much cheaper then with XBO or PS4. ;)
And Diablo 3 is surely the best one on a PC, because Mouse and Keyboard are much better to play for Hack'N'Slayer's. I tried it in direct compare by games like Diablo, Torchlight. ;) (\s/)