RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] My Collection of Random Video Game sounds

Rep:
Level 59
Practice makes Petrucci!
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Gold - GIAW 11 (Normal)
So, I know I have my soundcloud link in my sig, but I thought it'd be good to make a thread and share my stuff, mostly for the sake of giving them context rather than just tossing a link at people and saying 'Hey, go see!'. I'm hoping maybe one day I could do some music for a game, but I reckon I still need some more experience and better software and everything. One day though!

This is a set of sounds I've made over the last year and a half. It's a pretty eclectic mix of stuff at times, but they all share one similar thought in my head. They're sounds that I think could fit into some form of video game, maybe not all of them to the same game, but yeah! There's a bunch of different styles here.

I started mostly doing typical sort of RPG fantasy-esque sounds, thanks to my major influence from Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu, then dipped my toes into orchestral sounds (of which I don't really have many tracks yet v_v). I had a bit of a slump where I started writing acoustic and techno things, the latter of which there are a few lurking on my page, before ending up delving back into FL Studio and starting new projects, to which I started to hit my stride again with some ambient sounds heavily inspired by the Minecraft soundtrack by C418. And of course, every meow and then I write something a little out of place for myself like piano compositions or something.

So there's my scattered little summary of this here set! I considered putting it in chronological order to show both how the music reflected my particular style of composing at the time and to possibly show progress in quality, but ended up just putting them in an order that I felt flowed pretty well, taking into account how songs sat next to each other and what not.

Enough rambling though, if you're still reading this, cool! I'd really appreciate feedback, criticism and just general thoughts. Thanks for reading and stuff!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:23:25 AM by irock »
"Pursue happiness with diligence."

http://soundcloud.com/progfox

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Nice sounds overall!
For the 'Life needs a main menu' I think it'd fit more to a dungeon map instead of a menu for some reason, and it seems very Final Fantasy inspired to me for some reason. I love the Battle Theme WIP and The Forest Enigma though. Good job!  :)
なんでやねん