RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Trying to get out of my slump.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
So I haven't been writing much lately. Or at all, really. Today, I decided to change that. From now on, a couple times a week, I'm just going to write. Just go. Even if I have absolutely no plan in mind, even if what I come up with makes no sense. Forget the production, just write. Just write, and I'll put it up so you can listen. Or maybe give feedback. Or encouragement. Or whatever.

Anyway, here's the first one. It came pouring out, and I guess you could say it's an expression of my creativity being stifled by my day-to-day office job. It ended up being darker than expected. Enjoy.

Also, that's me on guitar. I haven't played for over a year, but I guess I still got it.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:22:41 AM by irock »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Thank you for sharing this.
Not only does this sound like it's going to be good for you, but we get a couple new songs from you a week. I think this is a great idea.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
Participant - GIAW 11
Do you just write music? Maybe you should have another output like short stories. Set some specific goals so you can have little accomplishments as you write.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm at a point where I can't think of anything to respond to these threads with anymore. I've known you for almost ten years now, and I've listened to practically everything you've written, and I'm running out of things to say. My goal was always to become as great a musician as you, and the fact that you were always several steps ahead of me kept me striving to do so. In a way, it made it easier for me to gauge how much more I had to improve upon. But lately I've realized that the importance in being a musician has nothing to do with ability. There's no real competition. We all have different ways of expressing ourselves through our craft, and with that, it's more important to find people who understand the feeling that writing music gives you, rather than find people who "do it better."

I'm still ambitious. I still want to improve as much as I can. But from here on out, I want you to know that even if I'm not responding to your music threads, I'm still checking out the music. Because in the end, the details don't matter, and the end justifies the means. Keep on writing, and I'll keep on listening.

Rep:
Level 96
That's a nice thing you said. Thanks, Malson.

It's interesting, because conversely I sometimes feel a similar way when I listen to other people's music. I feel they expect me to say something, or point something out, or share the knowledge that's in my inflated head (read: ego)... and I don't like that pressure, so I often find myself just avoiding listening to my friend's music, and I really hate that about myself. What you've said has shed some light on that for me, so maybe I'll overcome it.

Rep:
Level 59
Practice makes Petrucci!
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Gold - GIAW 11 (Normal)
Very cool. Totally chilled and with some good melody in it.

I'd like to try just making something new every day, but it gets difficult when I can't find anything good to pin down. That's the point where I sort of just put it aside for another day.
"Pursue happiness with diligence."

http://soundcloud.com/progfox

Rep:
Level 96
Well, this kind of fell short. But here's a blog post, with some more music (that some of you may recognize).

http://ryanleber.blogspot.com/2013/08/technically-i-have-been-busy.html