RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A place to talk to other scripters?

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
I've been wanting to ask this for a long time, but I always get the same negative reaction from the people I know about this.

Is there a place where people who use and like RGSS can go to and talk live, like an IRC channel?

I'm asking because when I do livestreams of scripting, I sometimes get a scripter watching and talking and it's a very enjoyable experience to talk to someone else who is into the same thing and may know things you don't.

I know there are forums, but it's not the same as talking to someone in real time and discussing ideas and learning from them. And I've noticed that I learn a lot more from a person by talking to them than by reading their posts.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Rep:
Level 82
I can definitely see positives in such a thing, but as to how to implement it I have no idea. It would definitely be a good thing to be able to watch and join in, learn a few things and maybe impart some knowledge.

I definitely support the idea, and I'd be happy to help out however I can in such an endeavour.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
You could always start one.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Yeah, I'm looking into it in case something like it doesn't exist already. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask just in case someone has already done it and it would just be easier to join in.

@LoganF:

That's great to hear. If there isn't a place to talk I'm thinking of trying out the IRC channel idea and invite in scripters to talk and share what they know and maybe even try some stuff for fun like tackling script requests together.

I will admit that I do not have that much experience with IRC, so it might take a while for me to learn and setup a channel, unless someone else that knows more about it can help me set it up.

Rep:
Level 82
Collaborating on some scripts could definitely allow us to tackle those crazy requests that are just too much to do alone. It would require some planning and coordination, but with some kind of real time chat platform it wouldn't be nearly as difficult.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Well, I spent most of last night and this morning trying to setup the IRC, but I think we might need some help from someone with more experience to do it.

If anyone is interested in helping let me know. I'm not particularly sure of what exactly we need since I've done something like this before, but help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

And I'm mentioning it to other scripters I know and a lot of them seem to be onboard with the idea.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Why not just register a channel on psigenix? It takes like ten seconds.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Why not just register a channel on psigenix? It takes like ten seconds.

Probably because I have almost no experience with IRC or how to use it. I do keep hearing about the register part, I just haven't gotten that far myself from what I'm reading in tutorials.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Just go into crankeye and type /join #whatever you want to call the channel.
Then once you're in the channel, type /chanserv register #name of the channel, password, description
without the commas. The password and description can be whatever you want, just make sure the password is at least 6 characters long.

Example: /chanserv register #RubyScripting muffinstuff A place to discuss scripting and stuff.

Here's a handy little guide to help you get started.