RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVXA Falcao's Pearl ABS] Item tool data error

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
http://falcaorgss.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/falcao-pearl-abs-liquid-v1/

I'm using Falcao's Pearl ABS, and I keep getting this error.

This error appears when I try to swing my weapons. I can usally swing once, but on the second swing I get this error. ~_~

Please somebody, help. ;___;

Code: [Select]
  def self.user_graphic()      @item.tool_data("User Graphic = ", false)    end

If I knew what "Item tool data" was, then maybe I could figure it out, but everything I throw at it does nothing.
I really don't know what's wrong. :\
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
@item is a nil reference; it isn't pointing to an object, which means that #tool_data doesn't exist (because it's not a method that belongs to NilClass).

You'd have to follow the code through and see why @item isn't being set to something valid. Is it possible that there is a conflict with another script you are using? If there are other scripts, you should first try to isolate the script that is causing the issue.

As a small rant: this is why scripters should enforce type checking rather than assuming that the item will be fine. At the very a least, a simple:

Code: [Select]
unless @item.nil?

often helps avoid these errors just happening and going unhandled.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:39:52 PM by LoganF »
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I think I found it.
I was adding new weapons to the databse and expanded the # of slots.
I text to see if that was it, and it gives me an error when I have less then 74 item slots.
IDK why this is... but there's my problem.

Thank you Logan.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&