RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Guild Currency Generator/Shop

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
Waiting ...
CURRENCY GENERATOR/SHOP

Version 1.0  - Initial release
Version 1.0.1

• Script is now a default menu action. See the bottom of the currency script header for more info.
  • Currency Windows now function properly.
  • Also: Fixed Forum post links

So what is it? Why am I using it? Why do I care?

This set of scripts is designed for you to create new currencies and shops based on those currencies.

So how do I use the script it's self?

Read the header(s). Its detailed enough, I hope.

Couple things to note:

• You cannot create a shop based on a currency that doesn't exist!
  • You cannot create more then one shop in the hash for a given currency, use the script calls to do that.
  • All currencies are created by their currency symbol given as the core key for the hash
  • All Shops, when using the hash, are created based on currency used as the core key for the hash.
  • All Shop's item_type's, item_id's and prices MUST be the same array length!

Failure to follow these is not my fault when it comes to script errors. Please check these when encountering any errors.

Enough babble! Show me the scripts!

Currency Generator

----> Due to post length restriction, you can find the custom currency script over here, as a gist.

Shops

----> Due to post length restriction, you can find the shop script over here, as a gist.

GPL vs 3

Because the script's state I have supplied you with the GPL license, you can read it here: GPL 3
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 10:28:57 PM by Kalacious »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It seems like this could be a very useful script for some games.

For the Script Index, would you prefer to be recorded as Kalacious or Vindictive Personality?

Also, if you do prefer Kalacious, I can change your visible name on the forum as well (though you'd still login as Vindictive Personality)

Waiting ...
Kalacious. I log in every where as Kalacious.  Thanks MA

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Done. Again, you will still log in as Vindictive Personality, but the name everyone sees will be Kalacious.

Waiting ...
Thank you.

Waiting ...
Sorry for the bump:

1.0.1 was released. this fixes crashing issues and add the currency window to the main menu as the last option. Please see bottom of currency generator script for details.

Waiting ...
Release 1.0.2 of Currency Script - Fixed alignments and cleaned up some icons.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\รด/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Is it possible to make a demo for better understanding?
I tried to use it, but can't get that running in game. :/
I can creat the currency, but allways fail on creating the shops. :'( (\s/)
If I use that:
create_shop('curr', purchase_only = false)
For comment nothing happens and if I use it as script, that what in the Attachment is happens. :'( /)