RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What games do you want risen from the grave?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
In a sense, the series is kinda dead, though. ;9 I haven't heard much hype about the 3rd yet, but I'm still hoping it will make a comeback. I guess it's too soon to tell, but after making all the little spin-offs and whatever (for a lack of a better phrase), it kinda seems like they may have lost their touch.

Granted, I'm mostly going off of a shaky observation. I only recently started the series. Because procrastination. :mad:

The series is not dead and a lot of the handheld spinoff games add to the plot and are rather good games unto themselves.  Definitely worth a look if you can get your hands on them.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
It's dead to us console gamers.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I've never played any game in the series, but going by the fanbase Kingdom Hearts is still the best series ever made <3 Sora 4evr!!!
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
KH seemed like a good series from the only two games I played (that being KH and KH2, lol). The combat was solid and it had some great boss fights. I couldn't get into the story, though, but it works I suppose.

Here's to hoping that KH3 ditches Atlantica in favor of Atlantis. I'd love to beat some Heartless ass with Kida.

Oh, and to whomever said Jade Empire needs a sequel, I absolutely agree. I can't speak for those who went neutral or Way of the Open Palm, but the game ended with something of a cliffhanger if you followed the Way of the Closed Fist.

Besides, I want to see more of Sir Roderick Wilhelm von Fontlebottom, the Magnificent Bastard. :P
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I'd like the Sonic 2D games back please. Having seen the possibilities with Sonic 2 HD (it it gorgeous), I know how awesome an original-style Sonic game would be on the systems of today. Enough of this 3D garbage, I just wanna run fast and look at pretty stuff. And those soundtracks. My god.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiEsKC0y3pk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiEsKC0y3pk</a>

Banjo-Kazooie would be a cool thing to see again, but I'm scared to suggest it after what happened last time.

Oh, and Spyro. Yeah, I'm just naming franchises from my childhood that went belly-up, whatever. I want Spyro back.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 96
KH seemed like a good series from the only two games I played (that being KH and KH2, lol). The combat was solid and it had some great boss fights. I couldn't get into the story, though, but it works I suppose.
This sums it up for me, too. The game had some great, challenging, gameplay. The battle system was absolutely fantastic, and some of those boss fights were so intense.

But the story was weird, and ... meh. It was neat seeing characters from other games for a while, but that charm wore off after a while. Especially because you couldn't play as those characters, and only have them in your party as an NPC.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
I want the Castlevania series to get a second wind. Lord of Shadows is a great story, but it's just the same platformer action as many others. I don't feel like it captured the essence and style of the series as well as it could have.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
That game isn't very Castlevania-like unless you're wanting an NES-style Castlevania that's very easy and has poor level design. That said, I don't think it's as bad as most people seem to say.

Rep:
Level 97
Since Sega now owns Atlus, Sega's president has given them permission to use Sega's dormant IPs. Potentially a new Shining Force someday? *fingers crossed*

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
That game isn't very Castlevania-like unless you're wanting an NES-style Castlevania that's very easy and has poor level design. That said, I don't think it's as bad as most people seem to say.

This is about my opinion in a nutshell.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Descent. Things like X and Star Citizen amaze me, but those types of games always end up too complicated for my needs. I just wanna fly around and blast shit in tight levels, and Descent was just that.

d2 best diablo

Path of Exile best Diablo.

PoE is really great on its own, but it's no Diablo. I think, after having now poured hours into TL2, PoE, and D3, they need to be taken as separate entities and not as competing for the title of the true "Diablo 2 sequel." PoE and D3 definitely try to do their own thing entirely from previous entries in the genre. TL2 is kind of the perfect compromise between the two; it has solid melee and magic/ranged combat and good customization. TL2 easily has the best music of the three, though.

In the end, PoE is probably my favorite of the three for various reasons that don't necessarily overlap with why I like the other two but TL2 is really, really close.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I just wish PoE worked with the 360 control pad. Clicking to move seems so archaic now.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I was more or less making a joke.  To be honest, I think PoE's point-spend system is retarded.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Chrono Trigger
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep:
Level 96
I don't know, I think drawing it back up again would cheapen it. The story ended so perfectly and completely it doesn't need a sequel (even though it got one anyway, and it was ... pretty good).

I'd love another game in a similar vibe and art style, and definitely more games with that kind of inventive storyline and music, but I think the Chrono universe itself is too perfect to be disturbed and should be left alone.

Rep:
Level 97
The Square Enix of today would just screw it up anyway. It'd be for iOS and Android only and full of microtransactions.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
He speaks the truth.