RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What games do you want risen from the grave?

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
I have a thing for big game companies taking some games and "making them the shiz" to the new age. What I want risen from the grave, even though its embarrassing to say, is Wonderboy. I loved the Monsterland/World Series. And whatever happened to Dragon Quest Console Games? I know DS created some, but the last console one was on PS2.
"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain...."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Megaman Legends
Half Life 3
Horse Illustrated Championship Season: The Ultimate Riding Adventure 2
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
EarthBound / Mother.

It's been way too long since Mother 3 came out, and it didn't even really make it overseas. I want more of that kooky style and awesome music, more of that simple, carefree ambiance with sudden, jarringly deep moments effortlessly mixed in without being preachy or taking itself too seriously.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
I stand in support for another Earthbound.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Shining Force for sure.

Also maybe a real spiritual successor to Betrayal at Krondor. The actual sequels were pretty lame and they took out all the best parts.

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Shining Force for sure.

Also maybe a real spiritual successor to Betrayal at Krondor. The actual sequels were pretty lame and they took out all the best parts.
I remember Shining Force. God, that was a good game  :tpg:

I really want Suikoden to come back, I really like that you can sort out your own army/soldiers in Suikoden 5 and go to war with soldiers on dinosaurs because who doesn't like soldiers on dinosaurs?  ;8
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
Shining Force for sure.

I know Betrayal in Antara wasn't a sequel, but it used the same engine and was pretty cool, imo. That's mostly nostalgia speaking, though, since I don't have any machines capable of playing it anymore.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
For some reason, I could never find a working copy of the game. It always crashed after the first scene.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:31:33 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I would love to see a reboot of Lagoon for the SNES.

Do any of you remember Lagoon?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Super Mario RPG for teh SNES
I want a 3DS remake or something~!

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I know there a lot of games like:
1. Lufia 2 (SNES) [I know there were some on GB and GBA to, but I never played them, plus the "imagine/ancestor cave" was really cool and some sort of equipment grinding)
2. Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 (GC) [PSO3 deosn'T count as a PSO it's more a Nage Libre. ;) ]
3. Dragon Quest Monsters (GB)
4. F-Zero X (N-64) [I know there was GX for GC but this one was way too hard, plus the X-Cup from N-64 was a guarantee for infinite Gameplay fun. :) ]
5. Legend Of Dragoon (PSOne)
6. Koudelka (PSOne)
7. Parasite Eve (PSOne) [The first one was such an perfect game and then there came a crappy PE2 or should I say RE clone. ;) ]
8. Project Zero 3 (PS2)
9. Mario Kart (SNES) [I know about the GC, WII, DS, 3DS titels but I don't like this drifting thing, I hope for a good fun racer like Super Mario Kart. ;) ]
10. Two Worlds (X360) [I know TW2 but for me it only is getted bigger and cool parts like the weapon lvl up were deleted. Plus you always getting better equipment in Part 1 in
                                part 2 there wasn't no loot grinding anymore. :( ]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Darkstalkers.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
EarthBound / Mother.

It's been way too long since Mother 3 came out, and it didn't even really make it overseas. I want more of that kooky style and awesome music, more of that simple, carefree ambiance with sudden, jarringly deep moments effortlessly mixed in without being preachy or taking itself too seriously.

It's a possibility. Earthbound's VC release has been met with extremely positive reactions. Also, while not definitive, this does point towards us getting more Mother series games: http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-opens-earthbound-onett-times-announcement-community-on-miiverse/
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I really want Suikoden to come back, I really like that you can sort out your own army/soldiers in Suikoden 5 and go to war with soldiers on dinosaurs because who doesn't like soldiers on dinosaurs?  ;8

I'd be okay with a legitimate rerelease of the first one. The fifth was pretty good too though.

Rep:
Level 96
EarthBound / Mother.

It's a possibility. Earthbound's VC release has been met with extremely positive reactions. Also, while not definitive, this does point towards us getting more Mother series games: http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-opens-earthbound-onett-times-announcement-community-on-miiverse/
arlen happy

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・

I'd be okay with a legitimate rerelease of the first one. The fifth was pretty good too though.
I think the 1st Suikoden is available via the PSN store?
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Oh, sweet. Even though I'd have to buy a PS3 to play it, it still beats paying 200 bucks for a copy of the game on eBay.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
EarthBound / Mother.

arlen happy

Not to rain on your parade, but I seem to remember an interview with Itoi saying that 3 was the last he wanted to do. He said something along the lines of "I feel like the story has been told. I'm glad that Mother 3 was made, but I don't think there's anything left to say.". I'm sure it's on starmen.net somewhere. If nintendo cuts a fart loosely resembling earthbound news it's on starmen.net.

Rep:
Level 96
arlen mad but laughing at that brilliant joke

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
Ok I want to add one that I forgot: Conker and Gex. Both were platforming characters of my childhood. I still remember Gex's catch phrases from 1 and 2: Enter The Gecko.

Rep:
Level 96
Axelay 2.

Soul Blazer.

Actraiser.

Megammannnn....

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Actraiser

Crash Bandicoot ( My favorite plattform as a kid, and Im also the un-crowned champion of Crash Team Racing :P)

Battle Arena Toschinden ( I think I spelled it wrong)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Fuck, why do game developers tease my childhood nostalgia so? First Duck Tales Remastered came out last month, and now one of my fonder early games Castle of Illusion just got released yesterday. These were some of the very first games I ever played, before I even knew what a video game even really was. Aside from Sonic, my old fashioned parents figured there couldn't be any harm to Disney games, so I remember going through a fair chunk of classics like these.

Hell, they even redid Dragon's Lair and Space Ace earlier this year. Are there any other nostalgic classics that I'm missing? Did they remake Quackshot too or something?

Rep:
Level 89
They re-made TMNT: Turtles In Time like 1-2 years ago. I heard that game was a big failure compared to the original.

Rep:
Level 96
Personally I thought turtles in time kinda sucked anyway...

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Banjo Kazooie. Nuts and Bolts wasn't terrible, but it just didn't have the same feel. I'd like to see a legitimate sequel with the original platforming elements in tact.

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Banjo Kazooie. Nuts and Bolts wasn't terrible, but it just didn't have the same feel. I'd like to see a legitimate sequel with the original platforming elements in tact.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Yes I know. I want another sequel. :mad:

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Diablo. The first one. I really wish they would take that and do something to it. They got the first one right, second was okay, and third is crap. Go back and relearn from your first success and then maybe get something good put out =p

<not that I think Blizzard Entertainment would be reading this thread, but that's mostly a rant AT them lolz...>

But seriously, I think they could do a lot more with it now, with expansion packs, character improvements, and overhauling some of the dungeons.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Diablo. The first one. I really wish they would take that and do something to it. They got the first one right, second was okay, and third is crap. Go back and relearn from your first success and then maybe get something good put out =p
<not that I think Blizzard Entertainment would be reading this thread, but that's mostly a rant AT them lolz...>
But seriously, I think they could do a lot more with it now, with expansion packs, character improvements, and overhauling some of the dungeons.
YAY! Finally one who thinks the same about the Diablo series. :)
I think the first one was really the best one too. (\s/)

The first one was definitely the best. (It's the same case for most things actually)

Rep:
Level 96
Chrono Trigger,

Battle Toads,

Unreal Tournament

Rep:
Level 96
Ditto on Chrono Trigger, but I wouldn't want Square to make it.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I don't know if it counts, but I'd like to see a proper sequel to Freedom Fighters. That was one of my all time favorite games from the last generation. It had a lot of cool concepts, particularly when it came to squad management and strategy. Sure, you could go John McClain on everything, but it was so much more fun to position your group and coax the Soviets into walking into an ambush.

If we're talking about remakes/reboots/reimaginings, I want to see one for Demon's Crest from the SNES.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
The people that actually made good games at Square are all at Monolith Soft now (which is owned by Nintendo). Square Enix is pretty much nothing anymore.

Rep:
Level 89
Another game that has to be revived with a sequal is Conker's Bad Fur Day. RARE did start on a sequal, but it was cancelled. And the remake isn't nearly as good as the original. I want a sequal that has the same vulgar humor as the original.

Rep:
Level 96
Enix properties were so NEAT man. They weren't exactly heavy weight contenders, but you could be guaranteed they were just a little bit different.

Ditto on Demon's Crest, that game was fucking awesome, even if the final bosses were a bit...insane.

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
Axelay 2.

Soul Blazer.

Actraiser.

Megammannnn....

Speaking of the legendary megaman himself.....
http://youtu.be/JmCVzjGVFy4

He comes back at Mario with a vengeance! XD

Rep:
Level 96
F-Zero needs a new game damn it. I know they just said the tech wasn't good enough to make it worthwhile, but I want more.

Rep:
Level 97
Miyamoto said he doesn't know what to do with F-Zero that would be new and doesn't understand why anyone would want another one. That and the fact that Mario Kart 8 seems to be approaching F-Zero territory makes it unlikely we'll see a new one soon, but I'd like a new one as well.

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Personally, I would love for somebody to get the rights to Crystalis and relaunch the game into a brand new series. The NES version was far superior to the GBC one, with better music, strategy, and even story, but considering how late into the NES lifespan it came out, I don't think it ever got the fame it deserved.

It was one of the best action rpg's at the time, even surpassing the original Legend of Zelda in some ways, and introduced certain game mechanics that are still used today (jump boots, ocarinas to call a whale, 8 directional movement...).

Rep:
Level 96
Metroid. It's certainly in the grave after what Team Ninja did to it. Just give it back to Retro Studios, dammit. They made the Prime games with such an amazing artistic passion and attention to detail, imagine what they could do with today's graphics.

It would be tough, though. Tougher than it was turning Metroid in to a first person adventure game (which Retro pulled off flawlessly, by the way). It would be tough because something needs to be addressed about the Metroid games: why does her suit keep failing, and bringing us back to square one? Team Ninja tried to address this by making Samus a whiny peon that had to run through a volcano without the varia suit because some big strong man told her she had to. It was idiotic and threw the very idea of who Samus is in our faces. Not to mention the liberal re-writing of well-established events in the previous games just to make Metroid: Other M make sense. And also, yeah, we get it. Metroid: Other M = MOM. Bottle ship = a baby's bottle. The baby, the baby, the baby. God dammit, we get it, Samus is a "mom" and the metroid is her "child." Jesus, what a horribly written game.

So yeah, it would be difficult to justify Samus loosing all her suit powers for the millionth time, but ... gdammit, I just want more Metroid Prime.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
When I was a kid, there was an arcade game called Rolling Thunder. It was the most basic platforming shoot-the-bad-gize game ever but I LOVED it.

They ported a Ghosts and Goblins spin-off (Maximo) to PS2 and that worked. How about another for current systems?

And while they're at it, how about a next-gen console version of some more Nintendo classics, like Faxanadu or Battle for Olympus (and dont tell me God of War was) or even another Gauntlet?

And yes, something ought to be done to Team Ninja for taking a well-loved protagonist like Samus and turning her entire vibe upside down. She's supposed to be tough.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:44:25 PM by GLaDOS »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I would really like Doom to come back. :(
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
I want another Enix RPG.

I know that's not specific, but 7th Saga, Mystic Ark, Brainlord... man, there was just a vibe to those I can't find in anything else.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant

Probably my childhood favorite; The Age of Dinosaurs [Pharmacy Edition] 3D
Spoiler for:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Rival Schools.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWyyyTdKlo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWyyyTdKlo</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaVkTXPyZoM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaVkTXPyZoM</a>

I played this game at an arcade for hours and hours.

Edit: I totally forgot but fun little tidbit, Rival Schools was Sakura's first appearance.  She made her way into Street Fighter later on.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:10:34 PM by NAMKCOR »

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I remember Rival Schools!

Hmmm, I was bummed when they canceled Mega Man Legends 3. Let's do that.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Metroid. It's certainly in the grave after what Team Ninja did to it. Just give it back to Retro Studios, dammit. They made the Prime games with such an amazing artistic passion and attention to detail, imagine what they could do with today's graphics.

It would be tough, though. Tougher than it was turning Metroid in to a first person adventure game (which Retro pulled off flawlessly, by the way). It would be tough because something needs to be addressed about the Metroid games: why does her suit keep failing, and bringing us back to square one? Team Ninja tried to address this by making Samus a whiny peon that had to run through a volcano without the varia suit because some big strong man told her she had to. It was idiotic and threw the very idea of who Samus is in our faces. Not to mention the liberal re-writing of well-established events in the previous games just to make Metroid: Other M make sense. And also, yeah, we get it. Metroid: Other M = MOM. Bottle ship = a baby's bottle. The baby, the baby, the baby. God dammit, we get it, Samus is a "mom" and the metroid is her "child." Jesus, what a horribly written game.

So yeah, it would be difficult to justify Samus loosing all her suit powers for the millionth time, but ... gdammit, I just want more Metroid Prime.

I haven't even played the game, but based on the horror stories I've heard about its plot, I'm confident I made the right choice in avoiding it.

I'd really like to know why Team Ninja thought it would be a good idea to shit all over Samus' character. She spent half of Fusion lamenting on the fact that she had to take orders (which, given her status as a bounty hunter and not standing military, is entirely acceptable and expected), but in a game supposedly set in between that game and Super Metroid, she's blindly taking orders?

Ugh.

Nintendo really needs to take Metroid back. It's their one and only sci-fi franchise; okay, so it might not be as popular as Zelda and Mario, but it still has a decently large following, and even then it's widely respected in the gaming world. That's probably wishful thinking by this point.

I remember Rival Schools!

Hmmm, I was bummed when they canceled Mega Man Legends 3. Let's do that.

Have you heard of Mighty No. 9 by any chance? Evidently Keiji Inafune started his own team after leaving Capcom (probably because they canceled Legends 3), and they're aiming to create a spiritual successor to Mega Man. He had a Kickstarter going to fund it.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Diablo. The first one. I really wish they would take that and do something to it. They got the first one right, second was okay, and third is crap.

They got the first one right, second was okay

second was okay

:strikeragehi:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
d2 best diablo

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Ryoisis -

So that looks pretty sweet! Thanks for telling me about it!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Rep:
Level 98
If we're including other games, Torchlight is best diablo.

Rep:
Level 96
Everybody I know tells me I'm stupid because I prefer Torchlight over diablo.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
gauntlet is best diablo

am i doin it rite

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Ryoisis -

So that looks pretty sweet! Thanks for telling me about it!
No problem, man. I used to be a huge fan of the older games (Mega Man 2 is still my favorite in the series), so it's cool to see the series' creator stepping up to the plate.

gauntlet is best diablo
Oh man, I completely forgot about Gauntlet. I will always have a place in my heart for those games. I devolve into a quivering pile of nostalgia whenever I hear the music from Sumner's Tower.

Rep:
Level 98
Wizard needs food badly!

Rep:
Level 40
RMRK Junior
New tony hawk pro skater games!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rep:
Level 41
Hey Sexy Girlfriend!!!
I think they should do a Jade Empire 2 and a better version of Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon. Either that, or create some more Tenchu games. Tenchu was the first "Assassin's Creed".

Rep:
Level 96
System Shock.
I want System Shock 3.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
If we're including other games, Torchlight is best diablo.

Torchlight II is the best Torchlight.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72

New tony hawk pro skater games!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:?

Rep:
Level 98
Honestly, I want another Skate game. Skate 3 was great, but the level design wasn't open, it was cut into three sections you had to travel to through the menu if you wanted to go to a new one.

EA was like 'well we already have THREE skateboard games we can't possibly want another.' Another one with modern graphics and an actually open world would be a better note to end on, if you're going to end it.

Rep:
Level 96
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfl33Tn0pYc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfl33Tn0pYc</a>

I remember laughing so hard at this video my face started hurting.

Rep:
Level 98
That's awesome. I lost it at 1:30.

Rep:
Level 96
I remember seeing this forever ago.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I'm too lazy to read over and see if someone already said this, but whatever.

Kingdom Hearts I and II. =o After years of apparently having no childhood, my secret santa gave me the first, and then I got the second from my brother-in-law shortly after. I just beat the first, and now I'm working on the second. Great stuff. I'm glad I'm finally catching up on some of the stuff I missed in my lost days. ;_;

(Granted, I do remember wanting that game as a child...)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
But Kingdom Hearts 3 has already been announced.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
In a sense, the series is kinda dead, though. ;9 I haven't heard much hype about the 3rd yet, but I'm still hoping it will make a comeback. I guess it's too soon to tell, but after making all the little spin-offs and whatever (for a lack of a better phrase), it kinda seems like they may have lost their touch.

Granted, I'm mostly going off of a shaky observation. I only recently started the series. Because procrastination. :mad:

The same goes with Spyro and Sonic: the old ones were fun, but now...yeah. :mad:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I don't mind the handheld games so much anymore knowing that they're releasing compilations of them on the ps3. From what I've played so far, they all look like they add something to the story.

Rep:
Level 96
Kingdom Heats 1.5 should have included 1, 2, re:chain, 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance.
Instead, two uprezed games for $40. No thank you.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
In a sense, the series is kinda dead, though. ;9 I haven't heard much hype about the 3rd yet, but I'm still hoping it will make a comeback. I guess it's too soon to tell, but after making all the little spin-offs and whatever (for a lack of a better phrase), it kinda seems like they may have lost their touch.

Granted, I'm mostly going off of a shaky observation. I only recently started the series. Because procrastination. :mad:

The same goes with Spyro and Sonic: the old ones were fun, but now...yeah. :mad:
KH3 has gameplay footage already
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9twjpM7gU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr9twjpM7gU</a>

Rep:
Level 98
Mickey May Cry 3: Sora's Awakening

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

The series is not dead and a lot of the handheld spinoff games add to the plot and are rather good games unto themselves.  Definitely worth a look if you can get your hands on them.

Rep:
Level 96
It's dead to us console gamers.

Rep:
Level 97
I've never played any game in the series, but going by the fanbase Kingdom Hearts is still the best series ever made <3 Sora 4evr!!!

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
KH seemed like a good series from the only two games I played (that being KH and KH2, lol). The combat was solid and it had some great boss fights. I couldn't get into the story, though, but it works I suppose.

Here's to hoping that KH3 ditches Atlantica in favor of Atlantis. I'd love to beat some Heartless ass with Kida.

Oh, and to whomever said Jade Empire needs a sequel, I absolutely agree. I can't speak for those who went neutral or Way of the Open Palm, but the game ended with something of a cliffhanger if you followed the Way of the Closed Fist.

Besides, I want to see more of Sir Roderick Wilhelm von Fontlebottom, the Magnificent Bastard. :P

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I'd like the Sonic 2D games back please. Having seen the possibilities with Sonic 2 HD (it it gorgeous), I know how awesome an original-style Sonic game would be on the systems of today. Enough of this 3D garbage, I just wanna run fast and look at pretty stuff. And those soundtracks. My god.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiEsKC0y3pk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiEsKC0y3pk</a>

Banjo-Kazooie would be a cool thing to see again, but I'm scared to suggest it after what happened last time.

Oh, and Spyro. Yeah, I'm just naming franchises from my childhood that went belly-up, whatever. I want Spyro back.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 96
KH seemed like a good series from the only two games I played (that being KH and KH2, lol). The combat was solid and it had some great boss fights. I couldn't get into the story, though, but it works I suppose.
This sums it up for me, too. The game had some great, challenging, gameplay. The battle system was absolutely fantastic, and some of those boss fights were so intense.

But the story was weird, and ... meh. It was neat seeing characters from other games for a while, but that charm wore off after a while. Especially because you couldn't play as those characters, and only have them in your party as an NPC.

Rep:
Level 98
I want the Castlevania series to get a second wind. Lord of Shadows is a great story, but it's just the same platformer action as many others. I don't feel like it captured the essence and style of the series as well as it could have.

Rep:
Level 98

Rep:
Level 97
That game isn't very Castlevania-like unless you're wanting an NES-style Castlevania that's very easy and has poor level design. That said, I don't think it's as bad as most people seem to say.

Rep:
Level 97
Since Sega now owns Atlus, Sega's president has given them permission to use Sega's dormant IPs. Potentially a new Shining Force someday? *fingers crossed*

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
That game isn't very Castlevania-like unless you're wanting an NES-style Castlevania that's very easy and has poor level design. That said, I don't think it's as bad as most people seem to say.

This is about my opinion in a nutshell.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Descent. Things like X and Star Citizen amaze me, but those types of games always end up too complicated for my needs. I just wanna fly around and blast shit in tight levels, and Descent was just that.

d2 best diablo

Path of Exile best Diablo.

PoE is really great on its own, but it's no Diablo. I think, after having now poured hours into TL2, PoE, and D3, they need to be taken as separate entities and not as competing for the title of the true "Diablo 2 sequel." PoE and D3 definitely try to do their own thing entirely from previous entries in the genre. TL2 is kind of the perfect compromise between the two; it has solid melee and magic/ranged combat and good customization. TL2 easily has the best music of the three, though.

In the end, PoE is probably my favorite of the three for various reasons that don't necessarily overlap with why I like the other two but TL2 is really, really close.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I just wish PoE worked with the 360 control pad. Clicking to move seems so archaic now.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I was more or less making a joke.  To be honest, I think PoE's point-spend system is retarded.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Chrono Trigger
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep:
Level 96
I don't know, I think drawing it back up again would cheapen it. The story ended so perfectly and completely it doesn't need a sequel (even though it got one anyway, and it was ... pretty good).

I'd love another game in a similar vibe and art style, and definitely more games with that kind of inventive storyline and music, but I think the Chrono universe itself is too perfect to be disturbed and should be left alone.

Rep:
Level 97
The Square Enix of today would just screw it up anyway. It'd be for iOS and Android only and full of microtransactions.

Rep:
Level 96
He speaks the truth.