RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Any requests?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, now that I've more or less finished the last script in the ATS, I've kind of lost track of everything else I was planning to do for RMVX Ace.

Still, I want to get back into scripting (for as much time as I can afford, at least).

Therefore, I have three questions.

• Are there any other scripts I had promised to write but forgot about?
  • Are there any of my VX scripts that you or someone you love would like to see ported to VX Ace?
  • Do you have any other VXA script requests?

I can't make any time commitments, but if you have an answer to any of those questions I'd love to hear it.

To Do

• In-game Character Creation
  • Damage Popup
  • Skill & Item Cooldowns
  • On-Screen Battle Selection Indicator (possibly just integrate with my Flash Enemy script)
  • Image-based Gradients
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:25:19 AM by modern algebra »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Congrats on finishing all the ATS scripts!! :D

Are there any other scripts I had promised to write but forgot about?

I think I requested an in-game face generator (character creation-ish) back when we had that Halloween GIAW, but you don't have to make that if you don't want to. :) You've done enough for me (and everyone) as it is haha.

Just a suggestion in case you're bored and like the idea. =p
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

• Do you have any other VXA script requests?

Is there any possiblitly you could add back some of the features from "System 2" circa RM2k3?

These -

This is one of the things I really miss from the old RMs.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:08:22 PM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
I'd love to see your cooldown script converted to Ace, with the addition of a little window, or some sort of notification (be it a popup window, a number in  ( ) after the respective skill, or something) that tells the player how many turns remain on the skill's cooldown.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Hey if you have any extra free time can you look into a script similar to that breeding/fusion script I posted that was made for VX?

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
How about a Kinstone Fusion script? It could handle all the wrapping and the interface. You could put all the information in an event comment and call a common event.

Also, Gasha Trees. Could probably be done with events, but it's similar to farming.

And a Warp script would be nice, though it probably already exists...

You could say I'm in a Zelda mood right now? If you don't know what those are you could look them up...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
@Wiimeiser - I don't really know what any of those are.

@dabum - It seems interesting, but I'm not really interested at the moment. I may reassess once I have done a few of the others.

@zerothedarklord - OK.

@Lord Stark - Ok-ish, but I might do it in installments (I.e. separate script for gradients, separate script for Damage Popup, separate script for on-screen selection indicator)

@yuyubabe - Oh yeah! I did promise that and I believe that you earned it. I will try and get around to it sometime.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
@Lord Stark - Ok-ish, but I might do it in installments (I.e. separate script for gradients, separate script for Damage Popup, separate script for on-screen selection indicator)

Is it possible to use the numbers at the bottom for the MaxMin Hp and MP instead of for pop ups?
I don't know how difficult that would be. Telling it to use those numbers to indicate the HP/MP instead of the currently installed font...

If scripting were to be compared to car knowledge, my level is "I know how to put gas into a car", so if what I'm asking is stupidly un-plausible, then sorry. .__.

I made a mock up here - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,48036.0.html
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
It's possible and for the gradient script, I can make it so you can specify the numbers that way. I'll allow a separate graphic to be used for the damage popup script in any event though.

Rep:
Level 96
Thank you Mr. Algebra.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
@yuyubabe - Oh yeah! I did promise that and I believe that you earned it. I will try and get around to it sometime.

:-) It's not any matter of urgency, so there's no rush or obligation~
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Here's information on the Kinstone Fusion. For the warp system, have you played any Final Fantasy or Lufia games?

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Can you make Grid -Inventory on ace?

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Well I got some here:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,48113.0.html
I can explain, if there are any questions so far, or any scripts that must be taken out to make these work. ;)
But it would be really nice, if you could help me with that, thank you in advice. :) (\s/)

pokeball YinOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 86
A pathfinder that can specify range (for following), dynamically calculate routes, and waits for completion. It's something I've been needing for a while, and every pathfinder that I've found for Ace doesn't do all of that in one. Cozziekun's does not have a range and so it cannot follow because the path is blocked by the character who it is supposed to be following, and then some others have problems with using the shortest route and problems when the route is too far from the pathfinder.
... So yeah, my request would be a pathfinder :\ I would be eternally grateful.

Conversion Request:
Your note editor would be great if converted to Ace.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,36554.0.html
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:37:08 PM by Yin »