RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Stat Rating System (like in World of Warcraft)

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
my request is fairly simple, yet unfortunately I'm not sure just how simple it will be. To explain, I would like to use a "Stat Rating" system, such as in World of Warcraft. I will explain it:

In WoW, there are standard stats, Strength, Agility, Intellect, Stamina and Spirit. Then there are secondary stats, Crit, Hit, Expertise, Haste, and Mastery. None of those secondary stats gain flat percentages, even though they are expressed as percentages. They are increased by Rating, and then there is a set "amount of rating" needed to achieve 1%. I would like this stat system replicated.

What I want Ratings for:

[
Crit chance
Evasion
Armor, Defense, or Physical Damage Reduction
Magic Resistance
]

I would also like to have user ability to customize how much rating is required to equal 1%, even if I have to set it up myself. I would prefer this be done in the customization area preceeding the script in a manner such as:

[
Level, Crit, Evasion, PDR(Physical Damage Reduction), Magic Resist
1, X,X,X,X
2, X,X,X,X
3, X,X,X,X
]

I would *EVENTUALLY* like to also be able to use the other main stats (Strength, stamina, agility, intellect and spirit, though there may be no need for spirit).
I would like to have Strength = Attack power and a SLIGHT bonus to crit (which the user can customize similarly to the other ratings and can probably be added in with the other requirements), Agility to increase Attack power and Evasion rate, and Intellect to increase Spell power and crit. Stamina will increase max health and maybe a slight bonus to PDR.

Strength and Agility will be 2 different types of stats intended for different party members, such that one may benefit from strength and the other from agility, but neither will benefit fully from both (that is to say the agility user will not gain attack power from strength). This part isn't exactly necessary, and if it ends up being too tough, or otherwise a pain in the ass or takes too long, Agility can be removed completely.

Realizing this is likely to be a massive script, I wouldn't mind if at LEAST the Ratings part (crit, evasion, PDR and magic resist) can be done first, and maybe the 2nd part can be done as another script or something. In addition, I am completely okay if PDR and Magic Resist end up being too much work and you would like to cut them out and just use Crit Rating and Evasion Rating.
I would prefer things be written in note tag form for the equipment.
Example:
You want a piece of body armor for your warrior, so you make it out like this:
<+5 Strength>
<+5 Stamina>
<+3 Crit>
<+3 PDR>