RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game Items

Rep:
Level 71
Right now in my game rather than using individual rigidbodies that can be picked up (think Skyrim or Oblivion). I'm having all items be static and groups of items count as containers. I don't think I've ever seen this in a game, only in mods. I prefer this the most but I'd like to get some opinions on it. The Elder Scrolls way can be more immersive if done correctly but can lead to performance issues. Meaning I could have to cut back on detail. You also have to deal with trying to successfully put an item back in place if knocked over.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Will items disappear when taken?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 71
Elder Scrolls way yes, my way no. Not every item in the game has a model. Some items can only be found in containers and bought at shops.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I say use the containers.

You're one person, Bethesda is like 9001 people. If you don't have the resources to do something, then don't. However you make this game, it's going to be pretty sweet. Keep it up dude.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks. I'll go with containers.