RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Placement

Rep:
Level 69
Quick question: does placing parallel processes closer to the top left corner of the map reduce lag?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I don't see why it would.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 69
I'm just wondering if it starts the cycle through events from the top left, but it might not make a difference like you say.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
It sounds like something a computer would do, but I've never heard anything about RPGm behaving like that.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84
Doesn't seem like it would. I mean, it's parallel process, it's gonna run no matter where it's at on the map. I generally put all of my parallel process events in the top left corner because they're out of the way up there.

Rep:
Level 96

I set this up. The red number indicated what each one is set to print.

It seems that location has nothing to do with the order in which it is played. It's based on order of creation.
I created "1" first, so it is E001. It is the first to play, even if I move it around.

Also, when you have 3 parallel process events with Text commands, it play them "1, 2, 1, 3".
I don't know why it activates No.1 a second time before 3. Some weird coding stuff in the core of the maker I guess.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
aka DigiDeity

I set this up. The red number indicated what each one is set to print.

It seems that location has nothing to do with the order in which it is played. It's based on order of creation.
I created "1" first, so it is E001. It is the first to play, even if I move it around.

Also, when you have 3 parallel process events with Text commands, it play them "1, 2, 1, 3".
I don't know why it activates No.1 a second time before 3. Some weird coding stuff in the core of the maker I guess.

bae is absolutly right. The maker has an array or map (you can mostly compare it with a list) of events which will be setup by entering a map. Then it will cycle through the list of the events and check what to do. :)
Since the list will be filled by the ID's of the events the ID's also determinate in which order the events will be updated. I'm not sure about the exact procedure of the updating process but I'm pretty sure that the update of other events will keep going on even if one event shows a Text Message. ~

Offtopic: @bae Awesome avatar! (y)

Jesus christ just noticed how old this thread is, sorry for necroposting...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:58:48 AM by Deity »
Greetings
DigiDeity

├Work┤
├Contact┤

Rep:
Level 96
Necroposting isn't a problem as long as you have something to add.
So don't worry. :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&