RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVXA] How does this look?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I was looking at some old RPG's and noticed that even in the 16bit stuff, the character was usually more detailed in the menu. I decided that I want to do this, and this is what I have so far... I'm really not sure how it turned out.
What should I add/remove?

A - Walking sprite
B - Old menu sprite
C - What I just made
D - What I just made, but enlarged to 200%

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I think you should work on trying to improve the anatomy.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
This any better? (D is the new one)

EDIT: Edits

EDIT2: Attempt at female
I accidentally Elvira.

EDIT3: Elvira Mistress Of The Dance

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:53:22 PM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Try not to make the arms straight down. Also, I think they're too big for the level of detail they have at the moment.

Rep:
Level 96
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:45:17 AM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Definitely looking better. I think they would look nicer without the black outlines.

I edited your smaller sprite a tad to demonstrate.

Also, homestucks?

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
If you're going with the black outline then use it only 4 outlining not to define the legs/arms etc.

Rep:
Level 96
Definitely looking better. I think they would look nicer without the black outlines.
?

I edited your smaller sprite a tad to demonstrate.

D:
What, did that take you like a minute to do? It takes me 30~ minutes to make a sprite, and they aren't half as good as your's.    ;___;

Also, homestucks?

Yes. :3

Johns in the wild.

Spoiler for:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Why are you making the graphics so tiny? Most people have at least a 1280x800 res. screen. They will be squinting to see the game o.o unless you are doing 2x the size in game?

Rep:
Level 96
It's the size of a RMVX Ace sprite. I don't know what I can do about that.

EDOT:

Short w/no outline. I think this is what I'm going with.

I like how it looks.   .__.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 05:45:01 AM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
Double post because, that' why.

I like to have different emotions expressed with the text icon thing, so I made his emotes in the new style I'm going with... and I'm liking them.

Thank you so much Acolyte. ;____;

Also, I'm not all like "These are perfect, go away." if you still see something that really needs to be changed, I'll still listen.

EDOT: DID RENOE NOW

EDOT2: LOL DERP forgot the stripes on John's shirt. ~_~

EDOT3: Suddenly he is red shirt, oh no he is going 2 die noa

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 08:24:16 AM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Menu looks neat Boe :3

Rep:
Level 96
Thank you. :3

What it looked like.

With new characters.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Actually, that lady's scarf looks a bit odd does she have a fan just out of view or what :P

Rep:
Level 96
It's not really a reference, but while drawing her I was thinking "Hollywood action pose", which usual involves spontaneously generated air current. :3

Full cast.

Spoiler for:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Oh, wow!! Certainly looking cool! :O

I especially like wide-eyed holding-head frame. :p
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
It almost reminds me of adventure time lol

Rep:
Level 96
Well ironically. From this thread, and this image I posted on an Adventure Time forum, it might make it obvious what I've been watching lately.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
RMRK Junior
I like the style! It's pretty unique. I think is great you're not making an anime looking sprite, it has becaome so cliche lately

Rep:
Level 96
I'm think aboot changing all the walking sprites, but I'm not sure. Below is my current test I'm doing.
I kinda want to add in actual "turning" but I really don't like how it looks so far.
The sprites are -

No outline "New style" - Top left
Black outline "Old style" - Top right
Sprites actually turn when going left or right "Possible new style" - Bottom left

Ignore the following: His name is John, he has a "God tier" and in that form his clothing is blue. Ignore that.

I like the style! It's pretty unique. I think is great you're not making an anime looking sprite, it has becaome so cliche lately
Thank you sir and or madam.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
What are those microscopic sprites for o.o

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
I have created the pose of the battle, for when things are no longer in the realm of speaking and begin to be fighting and stuff, to be or not to be.

wut do u guiz think/
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I like it! B)

I wonder what Metil is doing though o.o haha looks neat!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
I honestly don't know. ;___;

I didn't really know what a "Thief / Bandit" class's battle pose should be. I went with a kind of "Third eye" thing. I thought it would be a cool reason for her awesome thief abilities.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&