RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Language change script?

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Hello, I need a language change script for RPG Maker VX, so I don't need to change all the system intern scripts and added scripts from users. Plus I need to translate all the talking and Items usw. by going thru all the maps. There must be a possibility for simply choose the language at the startup from the game and the rest do the script. Like choose if it's english or german text.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Hello, I need a language change script for RPG Maker VX, so I don't need to change all the system intern scripts and added scripts from users.
That's not how it works. You can't make a computer translate a script, only a human can.

Plus I need to translate all the talking and Items usw. by going thru all the maps. There must be a possibility for simply choose the language at the startup from the game and the rest do the script. Like choose if it's english or german text.
This also doesn't work in this way. You'll just have to write out the text multiple times, and have some kind of variable or switch to choose the language.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
Having a script to achieve this would require an immense amount of work, not to mention knowledge of the actual language rules and such.

However, it would be easier (though not something I would do, personally) to have someone translate the game, providing all the necessary translations, and have a script that simply replaces the text as appropriate. It would still be a large amount of work. Real companies employ third party people, or have a specialized internal team, to do the translations or localizations for them. For one thing, depending on the country/language you may also need to change the context of the writing, which is additional work still.

If you want to make your game easily available in other languages, you need to get some assistance from someone who wants to help bring your game to their demographic. Unless you can do that, I would suggest keeping your game in your own native language. RPG Maker games aren't the most popular, so the time spent on localization would not be worth it.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 43
Thanks for the fast reply. :)
So I have to make it one in german and a second one in english. :(
I hoped it would be possible to take a choice at the beginning of the game, but now I know I have to change all the texts into german and let a english one in another file. ;)

Rep:
Level 68
RMIDans ~
I was once make dual terms script due to request. http://theolized.blogspot.com/2013/06/theo-dual-terms.html
It's similar to change language script. But it's for RMVXAce and it's written in indonesian language.

The only problem I have is I can not make dual language for module Vocab. But since the requester didn't mind about that, that's ok ~

EDIT:
in conclusion, it's almost impossible to make dual language script unless the scripter willing to change the entire RTP script workflows to allow in game switch Vocab.

sorry for my bad grammar...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:07:48 AM by TheoAllen »
My scripts collection :
http://theolized.blogspot.com/
Sorry if I made it in Indonesian

Supporter of :

Make your own party composition based on 20 playable characters :

Rep:
Level 43
in conclusion, it's almost impossible to make dual language script unless the scripter willing to change the entire RTP script workflows to allow in game switch Vocab.
I already found some that do it in some kinda way, but now I know it's impossible. Even there is a script, you need to define the vocab in the script under the purple " " parts. But that would be okay. For the game itself a simple switch or variable would do this. But the vocab needed to be changed in the scripts like:"Vocab, Achievements". I wish it would be possible to change this to things like if switch is On "German" and if switch is off it's "English" and there would be a way to simply ad all the scripts too.