RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Arabella RPG

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Intro: Arabella an RPG that combines elements of both JRPGs and WRPGs with an empathize on strategy and adventure.

Story: You, the main character awoken near a graveyard where Arabella and her friends are having a picnic. You decide travel back to their home town much to Maxwells protest. That night Arabella wishes to go on an adventure, seeing a shooting star passing by and carrying a mind full of freedom and euphoria. His wish is granted by ???. Her parents are missing, her whole village is missing, the following day. Arabella is not sure how to feel about this but she now has to find out where everyone in her village went.

Characters

Arabella
She is very imaginative and optimistic. She wants to see the kindness in everyone, regardless of how people treat her. She reads the books that Maxwell writes for her. Her favorite kind of stories from Maxwell is Fantasy, Adventure and Romance. She is the older sister of Syferness. She says that she see's Syferness as more of a daughter than a younger sister.

Maxwell
He takes most things seriously and is very protective of Arabella. He is a novelist and loves writing books for Arabella to read however he says that he will never publish a book for the public to read because he has a negative opinion about the general public. He thinks that Arabella is the most pure human. He smokes but never in front of Arabella. He has poor health. Despite his serious nature, he enjoys a good joke every now and then.

Syferness
Younger sister of Arabella, Syferness is a quiet and shy girl. She is never seen without Arabella. She really enjoys drawing and playing piano. She has trouble reading and hates school because she has no friends at school and is often called names for her uncommonly shaped ears. She also hates math and language arts, but loves music and arts and crafts. Her teacher thinks she has some sort of brain damage or learning disability however Arabella puts a lot of trust in her true potential. She is very attached to Arabella and Maxwell and gets lonely very easily.

And of course there's you!

Screenshots

Establishing some points you can get. So far there's Morality, Law, and Fame.
Morality is how good or evil you are.
Law is how the government see's you.
And Fame is how much people like you.

This is a new way to get items into your inventory!

Some doors and chests are locked. It's time to the some lock picking!

Here's a little bit of the story.

Strategic battle system.

Here's the World Map! It's kind of like Super Mario Worlds world map.

You see here in the bottom left corner that circle is turning red. It means I'm about to enter a battle.

Credits
Music by Yuki Kaijura

Scripts
Dialogue System by Zeriab
Action Cost Card Turn System by wltr3565
Mog Unit Meter
KGC Guard Recover
Simple SBS by Rev "B"
Yanfly Enemy Levels
Battler HUD by Pacman
Damage Pop Up by modern algebra
Desperation Attacks by Zylos
Cozziekuns show Slip Damage
Flash Enemy Selected by modern algebra
Animated Battlers by Falcao
Shanghai Simple Script - Critical Buffs
Shanghai Simple Script - Enemy Critical Image
Yanfly Engine Melody - Controlled Encounter Rates
Weapon Unleash by TDS
Lite Menu by Woratana
DRIACS
XIV's Simple Reputation System
Spirits System by 332211
KGC Distribute Parameter
Yanfly Engine RD - Scene Status ReDux
Neo Message System by Woratana
Thomas Edison VX by BulletXt
Lockpick Script by Neonblack
Battle Backgrounds by Synthisize
PPT by Master

Demo coming very soon. Just making the town than another area and than maybe another and than the demo will be released!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Look cool so far. One thing though, the world map is a little blockish. It doesn't really flow. Keep it up, this could be something big.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Thnx~!
Ya, the world map was kinda rushed now that I think about it :P

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
You're using kaduki sprites and not the battlers?  :o

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
mm ya the scrpt that uses  Kaduki battlers isnt really compatable with some scrpits i wanna use like the counter attack script. Simple SBS is more friendly :)

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Hi~ Hope no one minds if i inform everyone that Arabella will have a demo made by next week Friday~! I will post images nearing the end of demos production :3

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Sorry to inform everyone but Arabella has to be moved a little later due to me slacking off and getting a PS Vita with Persona 4. Surprisingly addicting but now I'm getting my act together and currently in progress of finishing off the demo! Expect it anytime now~

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior

The Demo is coming very soon. Here you can see some light platforming. I would say the demo will either be here this weekend or next weekend. Definitely one of these weekend since in my opinion weekends are the best times to release games :3