RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] The Butcher's Son - Demo Release

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
-New Designer-

The Butcher's Son - Twisted Chapters

-WARNING-
This game contains material that may be offensive to the religious. If you're passionate about the christian religion or are easily offended, I recommend you not play this game. I personally rate this game (M) for its Adult themes, drug and alcohol references, gore and profanity.

-This is just a demo, with about an hour of game play, based on your actions.-
This is a SikAnTwisted Production - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woaraAtqUFY

-Demo Download-
- Rapid share - http://rapidshare.com/files/3563235255/The...0TC-%20Demo.rar
- Media Fire - http://www.mediafire.com/download/s37dy8c2s1699cq/The_Butchers_Son_-_TC-_Demo.rar

For those who don't know, you will need an extraction program, I recommend WinRaR, Download Below.
http://www.startsdownload.com/winrar/

-Designer Note-
Hey everyone! This is my first attempt at designing my own video game. So please give me any feedback or criticism you can, I'd really appreciate it. Just know the PC I had the Project File on is currently down, So I can't go back and fix the few spelling errors left behind. Other then that the demo is bug free. Enjoy!

-Storyline-

The creator of this world has let mankind exist uninterrupted, allowing them to use their best judgment, in hopes of unconditional praise. But over time the jealous god grew weary of humanity's free will, one that was growing farther and farther away from the god fearing paradise he in-visioned. With that in mind the tyrannical creator began his second diabolical plan to eradicate all life on the face of the earth, so that he may start A new.
A family is forced to answer the call of prophecy. One that will make them traverse the earth's boundless terrain, as well as the treacherous, fiery depths of hell, fighting an impossible enemy. Your mission, survive the countless hordes of demons, angels and delirious religious radicals that oppose you and save the world from the all powerful super being which has created it. The only question now is how?

-Game World-
The vast world you're about to enter takes place in a magical realm where mankind was created by a cruel and powerful omnipotent entity known by the masses as God. The Deity crafted the world, the heavens above and the treacherous fiery pits below to house his creations. To complete your quest you will need to assemble a syndicate of like minded individuals to help you fight through God's dense, monster infested forests, the scorching, perilous deserts and dangerous mountain passes as well as hells decayed molten terrain and the heaven's mystical landscape. You think you have what it takes to prevent the rapture and save humanity from losing their free will? what ever you do, remember that every choice you make may effect the world around you. Good-Luck

-Character Bios-
Allies_:

Neraith:
Neraith has always been a Kind hearted and trust worthy man. Even after he was
orphaned and forced to take care of his younger brother when a group of religious
extremists slaughtered their parents in an attempt to make an example to the godless.
Neraith has spent his time wandering the earth, trying to assemble a group of people
who wish to rid the world of the abomination known as religion. Little dose he know
there are several very powerful forces that will stop at nothing to stop him and
allow the rapture to flourish. Neraith, with his quirky nature and positive attitude
has been fortunate enough to evade most witch hunts, But no one can tell what lies
ahead.

Killian: - Age:n/a - Class: Spawn - Alignment:Yet To Be Determined
A young child, spawned from Neraith and his better half, Stella. Not much is yet
known of Killian or what lies ahead of him. Due to the strange nature of Killian's
birth, not even Neraith is sure what Killian is capable of. The only thing that can
be said for sure is he will be forced to endure the very worse of mankind in his travels.

Taviche: - Age:22 - Class: Warrior - Alignment:Neutral Evil
Taviche, is a young, talented swordsman who has devoted his life to learning the arts
from his older brother, Neraith. Though Neraith rarely lets him come on his
adventures due to Taviche's reckless and arrgant nature. Taviche continues to do
everything in his power to prove to Neraith that he is powerful enough to assist
Neraith on his seamlessly impossible mission of defying the prophecy.

Stella: - Age:24 - Class: Enchanter - Alignment: Lawful Neutral
A beautiful and talented young woman who now lovingly and proudly follows Neraith,
for saving her life in years past. She was once a woman of the cloth, serving under
the force she felt was God. Until one day she was taken against her will and forced
to be a human sacrifice by the people she once called friends. Upon an accidental
stumbling of Neraith, she was saved from her ravenous family. She now has dedicated
the rest of her existence to preventing any ritualistic sacrifice of any kind from
ever happening again.

Tohlton: - Age:28 - Class: Priest - Alignment: Lawful Neutral
As a child Tohlton was obsessed with serving the church, as his father did before him
and so on. Tohlton has spent every second of every day training under his the Clerics
of his church in an attempt to become a more powerful Priest so he could help anyone
in need. Until one day Tohlton stumbled upon the churches horrible secret, somthing
so atrocious he instantly renounced God and all those who blindly followed him. He
now spends his time assisting Neriath in his mission to abolish all religious
influences, making the world a stronger and safer place.

Gaynin: - Age: Unknown - Class: Necromancer - Alignment: Unknown
Gaynin is a man of ledgend. His abilitys to summon and control the dead have made him
renown among the masses as an evil godless force to be reckoned with. He has been
forced to train diligently to prevent the success of the hundreds of religous radical
assassins that have tryed to kill him over the years. He spends his time training in
solitude and assisting in matters that he deems worthy, and Neraiths mission is one
that Gaynin is deeply invested in.

Foes_:

Jeriah: - Age: Unknown - Class: Nekreal - Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Jeriah is one of several Demon Lords that rule over and control the inner workings of
Hell. Like all demons, his main goal is to train for the up comming battle with God
and the Anti-Christ. Jeriah's shape shifting abilitys as a Nekreal has hidden his
true identity, allowing him to search the endless fiery plains of hell for sacred
artifacts that will assist him in his cause. He now wanders all plains of existence,
sabotaging any who try stop or resist the rapture.

Zarooth Brothers: - Age: Unknown - Class: Unknown - Alignment: Chaotic Evil
The Zarooth brothers Faeral, Lichian and the eldest, Mrawgin were a band of Murderous
thiefs who travled from town to town, pillaging and extorting the poor, helpless
townsfolk. Until one day they were lured into a ambush and slain by a group of bounty
hunters. Even in death they travel the plains of hell together, Doing what they love
the most, Kill.

-Screen Shots-

-Credits-
(Note: Most the resources used in this game were gathered from the internet from websites in languages I couldn't understand, probably while intoxicated. If there are any credits I missed, please let me know and ill be happy to add them to the list)

Enterbrain
Square Enix (for the Chrono Cross sound track)
Mr.Bubble
Apoc (For the title screen)
Celianna (for the constant support and awesome tile sets!)
Yanfly
MogHunter
SwapXT

-Known Bugs-
-Taviche's in battle character is different from his world character, couldn't find one that fit.
-A few spelling errors strewed across the game, can't correct ATM due to the Creation File being on a crashed PC,
so please ignore them.
-The Battle Victory sound is a few seconds long, correcting asap.

Thanks in advance!
Enjoy the game and give feedback if possible!
This is a SikAnTwisted Production - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woaraAtqUFY
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:25:41 PM by SikAnTwisted420 »