RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Script Request [VX] Call common event upon application/removal of states

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
I've tried using common and battle events, using conditional branches and also with Variables.
This is the skill I want to make function, but currently I can't figure it out. I'd imagine if a script could be created to call a common event upon the application, or removal of states, I could easily get it to work. Here's the skill:

Name: Divine Guardian
Description: An attack that would otherwise kill an ally|will instead restore them to 100% health/mp.

I would like for it to trigger when the character is killed and upon becoming incapacitated, it'll run a check, see that the character is incapacitated (through a conditional branch), then run the 2nd check (through a conditional branch) to see if the character if afflicted with the Divine Guardian state, and if they are, for it to activate and instantly revive the character. I already have the conditional branches all setup, I just need a way to be able to call the common event at the time the Incapacitate state is applied, which I believe with a script like this, I could do.