RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX Ace] As the Towers fall

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Oh wow, this program looks cool.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
Allow me to create a world for you.
Using that and a play video autorun event should do what you need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Looking For Casual Work (I work a full time job)~
-Currently Helping Boe

Using RMXP-PK and VXAce. Dabbling in mapping, and event editing. Will voice act if needed, wellness permitting.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
(Mapping)
I'll post updates here once in a while so you know what's up.
I was doing parallax mapping. I came to realize that making a proper tileset would be far easier and allow for faster map creation in the future. It would also allow others to help with mapping. :X
I'm about 30% done with the city tileset. When I am finished I'll hand them over to you so you can do some mapping.
Right now I'm converting my parallax mapped maps over to tileset maps as well. As I do this I'm seeing what things from the old maps I should port over to the tileset.

(Events)
I'm been thinking of a taxi service event. Because of this game taking place in a mostly modern setting, it would make sense for the fast travel to be something like a taxi.
I was thinking of a common event that can be called from certain locations, and maybe even anywhere with the use of a cell phone.
It would only allow you to travel to places you've been, and that's the annoying part really. ;-;
I was wondering if you knew of a way to do it without a conditional branch charlie foxtrot.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I think tilesets definitely speed up the process. ;__; Even if you have to custom make them, it's so much easier to re-use everything.

For the taxi event, there may be a "fast travel" script you can use. ;o I know I've seen something like that before. :-)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
you know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words
so here's 30,000 words per second

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lARWqA2iHM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lARWqA2iHM</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leM8Bje0yT8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leM8Bje0yT8</a>
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
second vid is private :(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
It's dum and only 10 seconds long anyway. :x
srry
Should be fixed now though.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
master chaaaaaaaambers?? o___o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 88
I'm about 30% done with the city tileset. When I am finished I'll hand them over to you so you can do some mapping.
Okay!

(Events)
I'm been thinking of a taxi service event. Because of this game taking place in a mostly modern setting, it would make sense for the fast travel to be something like a taxi.
I was thinking of a common event that can be called from certain locations, and maybe even anywhere with the use of a cell phone.
It would only allow you to travel to places you've been, and that's the annoying part really. ;-;
I was wondering if you knew of a way to do it without a conditional branch charlie foxtrot.
Let me play around with the idea for a bit in VXA and I'll get back to you on this. I'm thinking it's probably going to need switches for each city...

Edit: Played around a bit, and came to the conclusion that the conditional branch might be the most simple, however it can be done with an event page to coincide with which areas you have unlocked using switches to activate those specific pages within the taxi event. If the game is on rails so-to-speak and you unlock each city in a predetermined way then there's fewer pages, otherwise you'll need switches and pages for every combination of unlocked city. That's a lot to cram in one event, but still possible.
With a conditional branch you can probably just do switch checks through a script to return whether or not a switch is on or off. Then it'd be one page, no hassle.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:52:43 AM by Slashaar »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Currently Helping Boe

Using RMXP-PK and VXAce. Dabbling in mapping, and event editing. Will voice act if needed, wellness permitting.

Rep:
Level 96
yeah, I'll see what I can come up with in a bit.
I was hoping to stay away from using any more scripts, but it may be the better choice.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
Should just be a simple call to return a 1 or a 0 from each towns designated switch.

Edit: I made a simple event to call a taxi, which promptly drives up, and upon given a choice drives away, with or without you.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:22:27 AM by Slashaar »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Currently Helping Boe

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I realized I was pushing you less in a cave story direction, and more of in a general sprite art direction. That's really more my inexperience than anything. ;9

After a lot of tweaking, I came up with this. Thoughts?

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

That's a lot of progress for 3 days.  ;8

Rep:
Level 96
heh
I guess i am going somewhere
this is where i started a year ago

EDIT:
I think john has gone through the most changes.
Started out with the white shirt with the design on it.
I changed the design like 4 times.
Design got dropped and he just had a white shirt.
He got a red overshirt.
Overshirt changed into loose red hoodie. (Current)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Spoiler for xO:

OTP
^///^ xD xO x3 ^_____^
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
Messed around with it a bit more.

EDITLYou should darw rebecca
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 02:57:33 AM by boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
Doppel-Post! I tried doing a thing with stuff. Here are the results.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nivfzHc4nj8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nivfzHc4nj8</a>

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkQA325ollo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkQA325ollo</a>
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
this is a ghost

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 34
Miscalculations
this is a ghost

I actually like where this is going. Ghosts ftw

The game looks pretty fun, played the demo and it's fun so far.
Seeing all these posts of progress makes me want to play more. >u<

Keep it up. c':

Rep:
Level 96
thank you. :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
pink ghostaru?! so kawaii desu ne !!!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]