RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Tutorial Converting movies for VX Ace - easy, free, no script no watermark

Rep:
Level 58
in training
I've noticed a few threads discussing the "best" way to get movies into ogv format so they can be used with RPG Maker VX Ace. Most seem to involve purchasing software, trials with watermarks, scripts to allow avi, etc. I thought I'd share my experience with a very simple and free way to convert nearly anything. It even converted my flash file perfectly (exported from After Effects) :D

In order to do this you'll need a copy of VLC Media Player. You can get that here. Aside from being an amazing media player it's 100% free and provides the conversion stuff we'll need.

Note : At the time I wrote this guide I was using version 2.0.6

Once you've installed that just follow these steps
(Pictures inside the spoiler tags)

1. Open VLC Media Player
2. Click Media then Convert / Save (or press Ctrl-R)
Spoiler for:
3. Click Add... and select your file
4. Click the Convert/Save button (not the arrow to the right)
Spoiler for:
5. Click the Browse button beside the Destination file field and give your file a name. Ignore the "Save as type" options and give your file the extention OGV
Spoiler for:
6. In the Profile dropdown box select Video - Theora + Vorbis (OGG)
Spoiler for:
7. Click Start

That's it. You now have a usable OGV file in the location you specified in step 5. If you want to test it just do the following:

1. Open RPG Maker VX Ace
2. Select Tools - Resource Manager
3. Select Movies on the left then click the Import... button
4. Select the file you created in the previous process
5. Create an event to play the movie (Event commands tab 3, bottom left - Play Movie)
For example:
Spoiler for:

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:29:06 AM by Chickan117 »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Thank you.

I Google'd "How to convert files into OGV" and (as you said) I only got paid programs and the like.
It works, and it's simpler + fast.

Again, thank you for sharing this.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I wasn't aware vlc media play could convert stuff, nice find!

Rep:
Level 58
in training
Me niether until just recently :) Such an amazing piece of software. Took the money I was gonna spoend on converters and donated it to them instead :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 31
RMRK Junior
Thanks for sharing this.