RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Home Sweet Home - RSW Demo Available

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK

Do you have an error upon starting a new game? Download the mandatory fix file here.

Home Sweet Home is a story heavy RPG that is based on the world of Stonesearch. It is themed on the recent data loss that made me cancel it, and it is really a collage of things planned in Stonesearch and the once thought of sequel, Stonesearch 2. You could say this is sort of an attempt to put Stonesearch into a single project. The theme is heavily influenced on traveling between worlds, which are really sections of the world that have been split up by disaster. I am actually planning every part of the game before doing the actual developing, story, magic and skills, bosses, and all, so expect a better and more organized product of development!

There are some new additions such as a Job System(no not the typical warrior mage chemist stuff, an actual occupation you can choose in early game), loot bags, and hidden content in quite a few places. I hope this project can sum up what I wanted Stonesearch to be like, before I move on to a new type of game.

Story
The story starts off after the events of the prior (yet non-existant) game, with the party having completed their quest for the elemental stones, ascending up a hill at Necroman Island. The stones have combined to form a crystal, the last hope that will keep the world's seal stable. Cameron, the main antagonist, appears and destroys the crystal, effectively breaking the seal that prevented the evils of the world from returning for so long.

With the party separated, and the world apart, the player follows the journeys of each pair of party members until their reunion, from which they set out to find Cameorn

Screenshots

Spoiler for:

What can I expect from this demo?
A rough outline of how HSH's gameplay will be like, and approx. four hours of available gameplay so far. This demo is far from perfect, and is subject to any changes necessary that will benefit it by it's completion.

Who did I work with?
Pretty much by myself.

Where do I download the demo:
http://rpgmaker.net/games/4438/downloads/ - Download all files that are available and follow the instructions, and you will be A-Okay!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:51:11 PM by Adon »

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
You should fix your screenshots. Most people won't want to copy and paste the links to see them.

But most of the screenshots look pretty nice, I might check it out later.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Thank you, I did not notice that, I wrongly site formatting was the universal. Will fix.

edit: FIXED :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:17:13 AM by Adon »

I'm back.