RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Japanese Tileset

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
I'm looking for Japanese Tileset for the RPG Maker XP as my friend and I are making a Touhou RPG game and we like the tileset to match the world we're trying to create.

Does anyone have anything like that or know where we can get it? Something similar to this?
http://s5.photobucket.com/user/BabyPinkFireFly/media/buildings_screen5.png.html

It would be very helpful if we can get this tileset or something similar to it. Please and thank you!

Unfortunately those are Tilesets I don't want or my friend believes isn't good enough or there isn't enough Japanese tilesets as some of them are still from the standard RTP set.

I really don't think we can constructive a pure Japanese world with those Tilesets and isn't one of them for the RPG Maker VX? I don't really see how that will work for XP.

And what are in the Mediafire files? There's really no previews and I don't download files unless I know what exactly is in the file. Sorry for being so picky.

I was expecting something akin to the Federal Era Japan or something 200 years ago from current date. Something like the Inuyasha's series had in their world.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Beggars can't be choosers, unfortunately. I don't think you're going to find anyone willing to make a whole new set for you.
Also, 200 years ago was the Edo Period I believe. The first link is fairly edo-ey.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:22:43 AM by Acolyte »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
... isn't one of them for the RPG Maker VX? I don't really see how that will work for XP.

Open up your favorite image editing software and turn it into an XP tile set. If you aren't willing to put the effort into doing this, why are you making a game?

And what are in the Mediafire files? There's really no previews and I don't download files unless I know what exactly is in the file. Sorry for being so picky.

They're just images hosted on Mediafire. There's no download. (Except for "Right click; Save as")

I was expecting something akin to the Federal Era Japan or something 200 years ago from current date. Something like the Inuyasha's series had in their world.

Quote from: Beware the Entitlement Mentality
Are you erroneously thinking that the world owes you something? Are you looking to others to do something for you rather than focusing on what you can do for yourself?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 03:25:10 AM by Boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Open up your favorite image editing software and turn it into an XP tile set. If you aren't willing to put the effort into doing this, why are you making a game?

I plan to if there weren't any Japanese-based tilesets or good ones for RMXP, right now I'm focusing on character sprites before I attempt that. And my friend says the look of the game isn't on the top of the list so we're worry about it later.

They're just images hosted on Mediafire. There's no download. (Except for "Right click; Save as")

Hmm... I did not know that, but if it's just images why not post them here?

Quote from: Beware the Entitlement Mentality
Are you erroneously thinking that the world owes you something? Are you looking to others to do something for you rather than focusing on what you can do for yourself?
[/quote]

For goodness sake! The RPG Maker XP has been out, for what, more than 6 years now? I was kinda expecting that someone would make other tilesets based on other cultures by now, but so far... nope none except for VX with its Samurai pack.

I plan to make the Japanese-theme tilesets if I have to, but I hoping that some were already done so I didn't waste time making them unless I needed a few extra details added. No one to get huffy about it!

I was just asking!

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
For goodness sake! The RPG Maker XP has been out, for what, more than 6 years now? I was kinda expecting that someone would make other tilesets based on other cultures by now, but so far... nope none except for VX with its Samurai pack.

That's because the moment a new maker comes out, EB generally abandons anything previous, and people follow suit. EB created the Samurai pack especially for VX, but had no interest in doing the same for old products. You are allowed to do your own edits to make them work for whatever maker you own, but you aren't allowed to ask for help, because it's a purchasable resource pack. It's shitty, I agree, but it's business.

However, every maker since time began has had the same theme/setting for the RTP. So getting the Samurai Pack (even if it was only formatted for VX) was really a shocker, since before then getting any sort of variable theme was unheard of, especially an add-on such as the Samurai.

We are seeing more packs released (through the RMW store) with a varying array of themes, but these aren't EB releases. These are made by 3rd party artists, and as you can tell by looking at them, these artists are primarily interested in VX / Ace format.

So if you're wanting more themes for XP, you're only real options are:

1. Use what's currently available.
2. Find, purchase, etc any non-XP sets and format them to work with XP.
3. Find an artist who still loves to create for XP (and probably be willing to pay them).