RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] [VX] New Battle Command To Replace Guard Feature

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
Hi  :)

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to script/offer some advice about how I could implement this idea into my game.

What I want is for the guard command to be totally replaced by a new command labeled Focus. This command will only become available once a gauge (labeled the Focus Gauge) is filled. The Focus Gauge is filled by gaining Focus Points, which you gain by taking damage from enemies, as well as dealing damage to enemies. The gauge will reach it's maximum when you gain 1000 Focus Points. You will receive Focus Points equal to the amount of damage that you deal to enemies, and receive twice as many Focus Points as any damage that you take. (example: your character deals 100 damage to an enemy - you gain 100 Focus Points. You take 200 damage - you gain 400 Focus Points)

When the Focus Gauge is full, the Focus command becomes available. When selected, it opens another menu that has five options.

1. Strengthened Attack
2. Fortify
3. Recovery
4. Recharge
5. Team Attack

1. Strengthened Attack, and 2. Fortify

These commands will each inflict the character with a state.

3. Recovery

Totally restores HP and MP, and inflicts the character with a state.

4. Recharge

One script that I am using with my game is Recharge Skills by modern algebra. (Here is a link to the page http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=41079.0) Some of the skills that characters in my game use take a few turns before they can be used again. What I want this command to do is to clear all recharge times on all skills for the character that uses it.

5. Team Attack

This command will do nothing if it is only selected by one character. But if two or more characters select it during the same turn, it will activate a skill that none of the characters will know. Once this command has been used, it becomes unavailable for the rest of the battle.

Once one of the five options is used, the Focus Gauge becomes empty again.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in seeing this idea become a reality.

Thanks
stucko