RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Unable to move after Event Trigger

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
RMRK Junior
So, I managed to fix one problem and got another one now.

I'm trying to do a mini-boss fight in a map.  After the fight is resolved, I want to set encounter rate to 0 and open a door. 

I've got two ways to go about doing this; transfering the player to an identical map with the door and null encounter rate, or ending the event and throwing in a new page that only fires when the boss is dead/defeated.

Here's the event breakdown-
Boss Fight
character Actions
Set global switch 001
(Map Transfer) or (Erase event)

Now the problem is that either way, after the boss is dead and all the character actions are done, I CANNOT move my characters.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
1. Is the event set to Autorun?
2. Is there an Autorun event on the destination map?
3. If neither of the above two work, check your common events, because there's probably one running when you turn switch 1 on. FYI I never turn switch 1 on permanently, I only use it for cutscenes.

RMRK Junior
Here's the event I have:

Page 1 - Player trigger - Boss fight, after the fight is won the control switch is set, player transfered to new map, self switch set to A

Page 2 (self switch A/Autorun) - End event

There are no autorun events on either map and no common events.  (I double checked)

Still not able to move after the transfer.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
try setting the self-switch page to parallel process, event touch, or player touch.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

RMRK Junior
That worked!

Thanks Namkcor.