RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Lighting script

Rep:
Level 85
Hello everyone

After looking through the entire VX ace scripts database I found a lot of very cool scripts I never heard of, but I could not find the one I was looking for: a lighting script. What I mean is:

-able to display a brighter/different colour in a circle around the event/(player)
-no bugs with other scripts, moving event

I found plenty scripts like these for other versions of RPG maker, but none for VX ace. Does anyone know of a script like this that works for VX ace?

Kind regards,
Drakenkanon

Rep:
Level 41
Addict
Hi!

I´m using Khas Awesome Light Effects and it is great (sorry, couldn´t find a thread on RMRK with this). Only downside I know of so far is, the player lantern can only be used on small maps or maps with only few walls / ceilings or your game will lag like hell. You could also turn wall shadowing off by not setting the terrain data.

Rep:
Level 85
Hi!

I´m using Khas Awesome Light Effects and it is great (sorry, couldn´t find a thread on RMRK with this). Only downside I know of so far is, the player lantern can only be used on small maps or maps with only few walls / ceilings or your game will lag like hell. You could also turn wall shadowing off by not setting the terrain data.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try out this script tomorrow. Did you mean removing the shadow's for walls (for example with shadow tool?) removes the lag?

Kind regards,
Drakenkanon

Rep:
Level 41
Addict
No, the script has a feature that can cut off light sources so they don't shine through walls or ceilings.
This looks really cool (see the video in his thread), but is also very expensive performance wise. To enable that feature you need to setup your tilesets terrain data to mark walls, ceilings and something else I don´t remember. As I use some bigger maps I decided to turn the feature off because I don´t really care for the extra "realism" provided by this.