RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Those were all separate games with completely different storylines. Assassin's Creed is really just one story that refuses to end.

Honestly, though, at this point I'm just playing devil's advocate. I don't really have much invested in this debate.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Quote from: Wikipedia
As the fourth largest video game company in the world as of 2009, Ubisoft studios employs the second largest amount of in-house development staff in the world and has several divisions and offices throughout the world

I'm pretty sure they can handle working on more than one game at a time you guys.

I thought it was obvious enough from the context, but I should note that Ubisoft Montreal (which is but one of Ubisoft's studios) is developing both titles.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
>Implying that Ubisoft Montreal isn't a huge division in it's own right with multiple development teams.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
>implying that I was disagreeing with you about it

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Well if you agree, then what's your problem with it? :o

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
When did I say I had a problem with it?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I just hope they don't forget about Watch_Dogs in lieu of Assassins of the Caribbean.

So we're in agreement that they have two separate teams for these games, and that one getting more press doesn't necessarily mean the other game is getting shafted? :irock2:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I think you took that comment a bit more seriously than I intended it to be. I'm not very good at sarcasm sometimes.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Oh, my apologies then. :-X

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
if they release quality titles

huh what since when

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The problem that I have is the same problem that I have with most serialized television shows: I got into it because it was enjoyable, and I want to see how the story ends. Unfortunately, because they make so much money from this franchise every year, they stretch the content thinner and thinner, until what would've made a nice trilogy turns into a 7+ game slog. I just don't give enough of a shit about it to invest that much time and money into it.

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I'v given up on the main story a long time ago, I just play it for the freer-roam :p Also since this post is about Black Flag I guess I'll throw this out there...

Spoiler for Do I see a beard down there?:

To me it seems like they don't even know what to do with the story anymore. In AC2/AC2Brotherhood (not sure which) Subject 16 mentions something about how Desmond needs to go find "Eve" (I'm guessing hes supposed to be the Adam)
Spoiler for No really a spoiler:
Which is probably why they killed out Lucy, cuz shes not Eve or something
But then it changes to being about gods and blah blah....

PS: Did you know that AC is based on a comic, and in that comic theres a special (staff was it?) of Eden that could resurrect people? Just sayin'  :blizj:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The Desmond story was all such bollocks. Got in the way of the game. That's the first thing they should fix.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
It didn't make sense to me.

HEY! SPOILERS!

Spoiler for:
AC1: Why am I here? I'm not even an assassin, I'm a bartender; this doesn't make sense!
AC2: Hey, I'm finally learning how to be an assassin. I can climb shit now.
ACB: I'm kind of an assassin, now, thanks to the animus. Crazy how that sciency stuff worked, huh?
ACR: Oh, right, I guess I forgot that I trained to be an assassin my whole life. HA, MY B. ALSO, HI DAD.

I haven't played III yet, be cool.

I do like the turn it took to be about Gods and an old race and shit, though. That was actually cool, and a huge weight of uncertainty lifted at the end of ACR. I mean, they'd been hinting at it since ACII.

Again, haven't played ACIII yet. Shhh.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 12:57:28 PM by Dr_Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Honestly I was never a huge fan of desmond's excuse plot. It started out kind of interesting and then it just got silly.
Now that they're supposedly done with desmond though, maybe they'll start to get away from all the needless justification for everything.

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
AC3 is all about that god shit, seriously. I really just sit around and play the multiplayer now (you dont HAVE to pay for a Uplay passport for it, it usualy comes with one like always but my sister just made a Uplay account online and linked them, free) :V

I like how Connor can climb ANYTHING (He climbs cracks in rocks better then he climbs trees O_e)